SEMI FINALS

Thursday, 28.01.2010
Luanda, 17:00 CET

Ghana vs Nigeria

Thursday, 28.01.2010
Benguela, 20:30 CET

Algeria vs Egypt

----------------------------

Two of the hottest NT derbies in the World in these Semis. Logic says Ghana vs Egypt in the Final but this tournament produced already some big shocks.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Egypt-Algeria should be a fun one to watch. :D

I would agree with the favorite picks (Ghana and Egypt), but you never know. To be honest though, I don't think any team has been playing exceptionally this tournament, so there really is no team that is far and away a favorite.

·
Registered
40,297 Posts
you right, but on paper i would say both ghana and egypt to the final as Filipe said. :)

i can`t wait the algeria vs egypt match.:strong:

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
unless ref intervenes to change the outcome like against ivory coast, egypt should win this cup...

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unless ref intervenes to change the outcome like against ivory coast, egypt should win this cup...
Sure. Your 3rd "goal" against Cameroon is really a proof of how you've been harrassed by the refs in this tournament.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
“It is great playing Egypt again as it offers us a chance to prove we beat them fairly and not through luck… I am convinced we can do something special in Angola.” – Hamer Bouazza.

“It will be a matter of life and death in that game. For both sides it will be like a war. For us it is a chance to show the world that we deserve to go to the World Cup and if we beat them, we will be able to watch the World Cup with pride.” - Mohamed Zidan.

I can see that even Zidan is very bitter. It's gonna be a tense match..

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Sure. Your 3rd "goal" against Cameroon is really a proof of how you've been harrassed by the refs in this tournament.
ya a wrong goal when ur ALREADY 2-1 up and playing 11 v 10 men with a few minutes left to take it to 3-1 is the same influence on a result as a 3-2 game and you rule out a goal to take it to 3-3 a few minutes from penalties, seriously am not in the mood for such creative intelligence...

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
“It is great playing Egypt again as it offers us a chance to prove we beat them fairly and not through luck… I am convinced we can do something special in Angola.” – Hamer Bouazza.

“It will be a matter of life and death in that game. For both sides it will be like a war. For us it is a chance to show the world that we deserve to go to the World Cup and if we beat them, we will be able to watch the World Cup with pride.” - Mohamed Zidan.

I can see that even Zidan is very bitter. It's gonna be a tense match..
Isn't Hamer Bouazza actually English of Algerian parentage? Maybe that's why he's a little less aggressive.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I go with Ghana to win the tournament. I hope they can beat Nigeria, so Mikel can return early to Chelsea. And I really falled in love with Kwadwo Asamoah, amazing talent.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya a wrong goal when ur ALREADY 2-1 up and playing 11 v 10 men with a few minutes left to take it to 3-1 is the same influence on a result as a 3-2 game and you rule out a goal to take it to 3-3 a few minutes from penalties, seriously am not in the mood for such creative intelligence...
Cameroon was playing with 11 men and looking for an equaliser when they got screwed by the ref with that shocking decision at the 95th minute, meaning that there were still 25 minutes of extra-time to level things up and even win the game.

Hardly surprising though as it's far from being the first time that Egypt gets incredible calls on their favour when playing in the ANC.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Oh yeah, we have the officials in our pockets, that's why Nadir Belhadj managed to stay on the field despite playing martial arts in Sudan. The score at the time was 0-0.

The match did not disappoint. The tone of the evening was set by Nadir Belhadj’s crunching tackle on Ahmed El Muhammadi after 56 seconds. The Portsmouth left back received a yellow card but the tackle sparked a mêlée in the middle of the pitch. Belhadj was fortunate to stay on the field after he brought down Ahmed Hassan later in the half
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6922441.ece

Algeria 2-1 Egypt, ANC 2004, the match which led to our elimination from the tournament

The referee makes a very poor decision when he books Belal for diving in the Algerian penalty area, when the player was clearly fouled. For his troubles, Belal is booked yet the Pharaohs have been denied another spot-kick by some wayward officiating
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/3441711.stm

We get calls for and against us.

We won 2 ANCs on the trot, 6 in total (record) and are in the semis for the 3rd consecutive time.. so your cheap shot is laughable. I guess Eto'o isn't the only bitter one..

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Cameroon was playing with 11 men and looking for an equaliser when they got screwed by the ref with that shocking decision at the 95th minute, meaning that there were still 25 minutes of extra-time to level things up and even win the game.

Hardly surprising though as it's far from being the first time that Egypt gets incredible calls on their favour when playing in the ANC.
it doesnt matter, if he didnt count the goal it would have been egypt 2-1 up and 11 v 10 ONLY A FEW MINUTES LATER....the red card was not far..

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ghana 1-0 Nigeria FT
(Asamoah Gyan 22')

As expected the young Black Stars beat an unimpressive Nigerian side and booked their place in the final of Sunday in Luanda through another great goal by Asamoah Gyan.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Three 1-0 wins in a row, that's an idication that Ghana know how to take a lead and keep it. Reaching the final despite missing all their big stars is some achievement.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts