Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a youtube video with Gerk who is Russian and play for Anderlecht..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEHRLJnNcJo&mode=related&search=

I dont understand that we never hear about him in the media. He has not been called up for the u-21 or anything? Its really weird cause he is also good in Football manager(the game) but in real life we never hear anything..

Anyone got any info on him?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
All I know is that he's 22 and now plays for FC Twente (Dutch). Probably not good enough for the National Team and too old for youth teams.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
shevagol said:
All I know is that he's 22 and now plays for FC Twente (Dutch). Probably not good enough for the National Team and too old for youth teams.
plus he's only a reserve too at FC Twente.

He has a decent technique and he might make his real break through one day but right now honestly not the type of player the senior Russian NT should be scouting for. The Estonian or Moldovan NTs maybe if he came from there, but a Russian NT shouldn't be looking at FC Twente reserves.

he actually has played over 70 games for various Russian youth NTs and came to Anderlecht as a 17 year old for 1m euros. Lot was expected of him hence football manager rating him so high but he's never broken through really in senior football

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wally said:
plus he's only a reserve too at FC Twente.

He has a decent technique and he might make his real break through one day but right now honestly not the type of player the senior Russian NT should be scouting for. The Estonian or Moldovan NTs maybe if he came from there, but a Russian NT shouldn't be looking at FC Twente reserves.

he actually has played over 70 games for various Russian youth NTs and came to Anderlecht as a 17 year old for 1m euros. Lot was expected of him hence football manager rating him so high but he's never broken through really in senior football
Thanx very much for the details. Hm so it looks like he hasnt really been living up to the expectations, a shame. Hope he will do better in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts