Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all fans i have a question regarding the Anderlecht player Giannis Anastasiou. I think that he is a good player and he score goals when he plays its strange that he dont get many chances . Whats going on with him now? does anyone know?

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
well anastasiou is ok and yes it's remarcable how easy he scores. on the other hand he's extremely slow and for his lenght his heading and his ability to keep a ball is just not good.

anyway anastasiou would be a great player for a team as gent (look what happened to arst there), but for anderlecht i don't think he has got what it takes. anderlecht has koller, a forward with european class. if he is injured anastasiou is a good back up (for a couple of matches!).

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Anastasiou is great and would have a starting role in every team in Belgium except Anderlecht (maybe Standard). They have Koller-Radzinski and strange enough Anastasiou isn't used that much as 3rd striker. When Ekakia is fit he will get his chance before Anastasiou and i think also Dindane will play instead of him.

He scores easily and many teams want him but Anderlecht don't want him to leave and i can understand it ;) Maybe when Koller leaves Anastasiou gets his chance and otherwise they will loose another good player.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
All this about Anastasiou? I think he sucks,and he sucks big time.Fortunately he doesnt get any call ups to the national team anymore and we got rid of him and his dinosaur walk.Now,as soon as they stop calling Machlas things will be even better...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well Amo, you may have better strikers in Greece but in Belgium he is one of the players who scores the most easily. I'm not saying he belongs to the best strikers in the league but he sure knows how to score goals and that's also important..

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anastasiou is a good player and i cant understand Amoroso that you say such a thing for this player. I agree with the most guys that he could be a regular at all other teams in Belgium except Anderlecht. He is a goalscorer thats enough however i think the best him for him is to move to another club in Belgium as GEnt And Brugge. AMO can you take it again about MACHLAS i didnt get it do you mean that he is good or bad? In my opinion he is a classy player no doubt.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
If Anastasiou ws any good do you think the big Greek teams wouldnt buy him? he was 27 when he moved to Belgium and he was playing for years with OFI,if he worthed something Greek teams would know it first.OFI is also a club which sells its best players and he wasnt that expensive.

Machlas is slower than an elephant and he wastes an incredible number of chances.The sonner we kick his ass out of the national team everything will be better.Lybe and Nikolaidis are so much better than him its scary.Even Nalitzis seems to be better.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i don't think anastasiou is good enough for anderlecht. still he was an international before he came to us. this means he's one of greece's best strikers even if he played for ofi kreta.

i completely agree on machlas though. this guy had only luck when he played for vitesse. he just hasn't got what it takes!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'm sure he is not good enough for Anderlecht.But he was never one of Greece's best striker,and he was getting calls to the national teams because of other reasons.Thats why Greece will never make a decent national team...other reasons and not common sense picks the team...:(

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha dont talk about your football Anderlecht . OK even if you dont use the greek you suck.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greek soccer is much better then the Belgium league. Ok you played in the EURO2000 but you wouldnt if you had to qualify. The only players that are good are Mpenza and Goor all the others are going down.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The Greek national team was/is divided in camps.Anastasiou was a main man in this camp so his "friends" did not want to miss him.I know it sounds extremelly stupid (and it is) but that is how things were (I hope).

Its hard to explain in English.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amoroso whats your problem friend you dont seem to love the national team thats ok but you dont have to tell everybody.
It looks that you are trying to disgrace the greek nationalteam strange!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Actually I love the national team thats why I'm concerned.Its so incredibly frustrating to have so good players as Greece has and dont manage to beat Lietuva and Slovenia.I frankly belive that talent wise we are among the top 8 in europe but we simply dont have a team.Just a bunch of primadonas who dont care.I'd rather kick them all out and play the young guys,at least they care.

This is not the right forum to discuss this however.

As for Belgian football their national team is a bit better than ours and our league and teams are a bit better than them.So we are even.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts