Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its getting kinda hectic around here. Pila asks why the sublimely serious and insightful commentary amongst the humor challenged youth in the Where is Osama thread went unvetted for 3 days. It was a very good question. I'll go for his reward of snacks... it went uncensored because there is a double standard being applied. Freedom and Libery Loving Americans do not tolerate that. And we build bad-ass guns and planes and shit, so watch out.

I'm Serious.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Freddie said:
Its getting kinda hectic around here. Pila asks why the sublimely serious and insightful commentary amongst the humor challenged youth in the Where is Osama thread went unvetted for 3 days. It was a very good question. I'll go for his reward of snacks... it went uncensored because there is a double standard being applied. Freedom and Libery Loving Americans do not tolerate that. And we build bad-ass guns and planes and shit, so watch out.

I'm Serious.
:insert music from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly:

The gauntlet has been thrown. Will Freddie's one good eye outlast Tim's flaring nostrils?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Chips and points in the mail, Freddie. Air sealed for freshness.

Speaking of liberty - read that they finally pulled the plug on Howard Stern. Parent company claiming company decency standards being violated. Guess they don't listen to the music they air all day after Howard goes home. Corporate hypocrisy rears its ugly head again.

Down with Whitey!

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I listened to him for about 20 minutes today, they were bantering with Tom Chiosauno and joking about getting the axe, they really did?

and please note, I AM BEING SERIOUS.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Boyo closed that thread, not because Pila posted in it or because everyone's out "to get the Yanks," but because it never had any value and should have been closed much sooner.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Pila said:
Chips and points in the mail, Freddie. Air sealed for freshness.

Speaking of liberty - read that they finally pulled the plug on Howard Stern. Parent company claiming company decency standards being violated. Guess they don't listen to the music they air all day after Howard goes home. Corporate hypocrisy rears its ugly head again.

Down with Whitey!
Good Riddance. Howard Stern is a moron pig from hell. the only people stupider are the women who appear on his late night tv show.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Tim said:
Boyo closed that thread, not because Pila posted in it or because everyone's out "to get the Yanks," but because it never had any value and should have been closed much sooner.
It should have been closed 3 days ago. Even the "question" thread should have been closed sooner - once you answered the question, it had no more purpose.

I hate to give you a hard time, Tim (I can only imagine you pulling out your hair in frustration ;) ) but if you're going to be diligent about enforcing the rules, than I think it only fair that you extend those efforts to every thread, not just the ones we, the troublemakers, participate in. I'm even willing to admit I deserve the profiling, but I can't respect the authority that doesn't have the balls to come clean and call for what it was. That it wasn't closed because no one bothered to check it since none of the "troublemakers" had posted in it.

Freddie - just read it a little while ago.

Personally, I was fan back in the 90s when he was at his best. I still listen to him, but it hasn't been as good in a loooonnng time. Still, whitey f*cked him over, gave in to pressure from the religious looneys. A victory for the bad guys.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Weren't Stern's ratings slipping a while back? Maybe that's the reason.

At any rate, though I can't say I'd been following the Osama thread that was closed, (I was just posting to it for the first time when it was closed), I don't see how the whereabouts of OBL merit the comment "it never had any value and should have been closed much sooner."

It's in the news today afterall.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
They were still strong in major markets. Ratings weren't the reason for the plug.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
BTW, the bad guys here are Clear Channel, in case anyone was wondering who whitey was. Those guys have done more to destroy live radio than the religious loonies had ever hoped.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Freddie said:
Whoa there Hum, he just is who he is. I like him.
It must be a male thing then. When I'm queen of the world, he'll be the first for the chopping block.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
I think we're discussion censorship. What's wrong with that?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
If Stern has to go cause nobody checks it out anymore, then perhaps Osama hides in his studio.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I am not pulling my hair out in frustration, Pila, but I am a bit dumbfounded. You can freely move around and joke around in most of XT and even FF, so I do not understand why it is so important for it to continue to take place here when everyone has been asked several times to cease the behaviour out of respect for the forum.

Things aren't always as easy and clear and black and white. And the people monitoring this forum are only human and cannot be 100% consistent and objective.

I did not close Lav's thread after replying because I wanted to give others the opportunity to respond and to post other concerns they may have about this.

As for the Osama thread, that would have been closed by the second page if the moderators and managers were on the lookout for you or other specific people.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Tim said:

As for the Osama thread, that would have been closed by the second page if the moderators and managers were on the lookout for you or other specific people.
Not so because you weren't closing threads with renewed enforcement back at page 2.

Sure, moderators are human too (so I'm told), but the Osama thread was only one of the three running the last three days. If the moderators can only handle two threads at a time, I think this forum is big trouble.

Fer crissakes, let's admit profiling and we can move on already.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
double post

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
That's why you Yanks can't find Osama. I just presented the solution, and you are so engaged in your own discussion, you totally overlooked it........ ;)

1 - 20 of 229 Posts