Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the course of the past few days, some writers on Core de Roma have been calling on the tifoseria to boycott the upcoming Roma-Milan clash in the hopes of showing the suits up at top what calcio would be like if the fans didn't bother showing up. The reasoning, as can be read here, is nothing new: the way things are ran now is intolerable and it's up to the fans to demonstrate their feelings using non-violent means.

What do you think? Would you, as a season ticket holder or even an occasional visitor go along with the boycott? If so, why? If not, is it because you think the brass already stopped giving a crap long ago? Do you think it's a noble but quixotic sentiment?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
As a neutral, I would have to say pointless. Why? I think any self-righteous fan would want to do it, but knowing that some people would disregard it and still come to the games (b/c of not caring or money issues), the overall effect would not be heard. Either everyone do it or no one do it. And its unlikely others will follow suit. So I would still go to the game.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If Delneri is still in Rome - YES, and don´t go back until he has left us. Otherwise - NO, support the new Roma anyway possible, even if the very f**ked-up Rosella still is about to literaly rape us.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
If Del Neri is gone, we have to give all our support to the persons taking over the team, we have to give them a chance

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Boycott Distini Sud, Curva Sud and Curva Nord for the opening 10-15 minutes of the game.

I also think Carlo Zampa should boycott his anouncements this time, as the società didn't stenghten his back after his wonderfull way to welcome the traitors.All supporters are with him anyway...

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Well, we've already lost millions of dollars to stadium bans this year at a time when we are broke. I don't think further hurting the financials of the club will help us in the long run. Plus, we could protest, but would that bring new players to Roma? A more confident set of owners? A new coach? I don't think so.
I'm all for getting rid of Del Neri - so long as we recognize the club may not suddenly become immediately better. We have other problems that need to be fixed. And our problems run deep.
Del Neri really seems to have lost his mind recently. He has had so little to work with, but he made some fundamental and basic errors by allowing our midfield and defense to deteriorate so quickly. Still, the ban of Mexes during our most important six matches hasn't helped one bit.
There are a lot of factors involved with our seventh place showing. But the protest is premature, I think.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well boycotting a game is pretty much the only thing the fans can do, the strongest statement they can make. So if you really want things to happen, that sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Primo said:
Well, we've already lost millions of dollars to stadium bans this year at a time when we are broke. I don't think further hurting the financials of the club will help us in the long run.
A protest like this hardly include anyone else than the ultras in sud and nord, and the most of those have, as we know, already payed the entrance since they are owners of a seasonticket. And IF they decided to not show up, then probably not more than a thousand of the occasional visitor would care about it and stay at home. So the loss Roma would do in Euros is pretty much noting at all.

But this little protest seems to be out of the question now so...

:jester: :howler: :dielaugh: :happy:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
il_principe said:
How come juventini boycott delle Alpi in 8 out of 10 games?
Too many bad Referee decisions against you? ;)
Yeah there must be a reason, mustn't there? :D Management has a hardline policy it seems :D

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Good point, Fedayn.
Maybe we can save the protest for a smaller match than Milan, though? I don't think we should shoot ourselves in the foot just yet, especially when the club seems to have taken action against part of the problem (Del Neri).

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
No chance of a protest now and I voted against it anyways. Bruno Conti should be welcomed the proper way with a full house against the defending champs Milan.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
That's foolish IMO. These are the exact things that make football so violent, tifosi going political. Let's just root for Roma and drop the protests etc. It doesn't bring us anything or anywhere.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
With Bruno managing the club,ROMA must pack the stadium full.He is one of us,a player who lives for AS ROMA.He deserves nothing but the respect of the fans.Also,packing the stadium will send out a message to the GEA,WE WILL NOT LIE DOWN.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts