Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this means nothing to Parma supporters(Just yet, I hope), but Emad Mohammed, who I have have talked about before(Use the search engine if you want to know more about him), could be playing in Italy next year and could be a future star for Parma :D .

He is only 19 years of age and has been nominated twice for the Asian Young player of the year, a Asian Youth Championship winner (Scored 2 goals in the final against Japan, the second a Golden Goal), played in the World Youth Championship and was linked to AC Milan this season. He signed for Iraq's top side at the age of 15, and made his first team debut at 16 or 17 years.

He was on-loan for Qatari Champions Ettihad and scored 7 goals in 7 games from May 6th - May 24th, outstanding or what and he was registered as a Ettihad player less than 24 hours before his first game (He scored 2 goals on his debut, he took the place of the club's leading scorer Algerian Rashid Amran

He has played 4 friendlies in Italy, he started 2 games and scored 5 goals, scored a hat-trick against Nuorese(Zola was going to play against Iraq but Chelsea would not let him play:( ), scored against Bologna and against Inter B team and will arrive with the NT during July for 3 games(Napoli, Torino and another unanounced club)

http://www.iraqsport.com/articles/05/25_2.shtml

Emad Mohammed on the way to Italy

By Hassanin Mubarak (IraqSport.com)

After helping Qatari club Al-Ettihad to a 4-1 Emir Cup win over Al-Sadd on Friday, Iraqi international Emad Mohammed dropped a bombshell on the Qatari champions, when he announced that he would hold talks with an Italian club about a move to Europe in the summer.

Emad, who been Ettihad’s best player in the Golden Four tournament and the Emir Cup has scored 7 goals in 7 games for Ettihad during his month long loan spell. After scoring two goals in the Emir Cup final, Emad said " We played a good match, we started strongly at the beginning and we succeeded in controlling the game and scoring 4 goals, the second goal dented Al-Sadd’s morale, the Al-Sadd is a great team and this stumble does not reduce its top position"

He later added "I am certainly happy with my professional experience with Al-Ettihad and the club’s administration approached me about the subject of continuing with the club but because of interest from one Italian club, I will go there this coming July to have talks with the officials about a move."

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
From what you are saying he looks like a amazing talent. I have never seen him play ot heard about him before. Well, You told us about him for a while ago, did`nt you?

It`s a big diffrent to play in a league in asia and to play in Italy. But let`s wait and see if it`s true what you are saying abou him;)

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I just hope he just signs for any Italian club(Serie B side, is most likely) and gets a chance. It does not matter which club, well if Parma buy him, well I would be happy but I just hope he is playing in Europe and Italy next season(Inshallah- God Willing)

Also he said during an interveiw on Qatari Satellite TV that the Iraqi FA blocked his move to join AC Milan(He was with the national team at the time), he also missed out on a move to Al-Ahly of Egypt and Fenerbahce and only joined the Qatari side Ettihad after they put in an offer(It was at the right time and place for the IFA so he joined)

He would like to play in Europe but he could play for Ettihad if that does not turn out(Ettihad want him, no question about it)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Qasim,
Do you live in Iraq? You must forgive my ignorance but I hardly know anything about life in Iraq, how common internet and even foreign tv is. If you want feel free to tell us something about life in Iraq. I'm quite curious. :)

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, sorry for replying so late (I had a few things to do)

I am not living in Iraq, I live in England.

About the internet access, well there are a few internet Cafes in Baghdad , but it is all limited and restricted(As expected), North of Iraq is more free and independent as it is not state run, and foreign TV is banned (I think it still carries a jail sentance).

Life in Iraq is difficult and not getting any better, we all pray for change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts