Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
40,453 Posts
Quite sad .... :(

We have a good friendship with the Liverpool fans and this would be a great way to show that. For those interested in registering with Bromage's forum, the link can be found in his profile.

40,453 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how eager some people are in following and enforcing other peoples rules. Don't bother to think for yourselves, just do what you're being told.

Bromage's thread was just a friendly invitation to open a dialogue between Lazio and Liverpool fans, not a commercially motivated act to lure internet traffic away from Xtratime. They extend their hand in friendship, and Xtratime-Lazio slaps them in the face! And then even call it 'great stuff' :rolleyes:

40,453 Posts
Well, I thought a long time before adding the rolleyes smilie to my post, I know don't like to see that one Matjaz. But this time it was intended for the one who made the 'great stuff' remark, that would be jacob.

Still the essence of my words remain, to enfore rules without supporting them is like the old "befhel ist befhel" phrase. Why be a mod if you don't like the rules?

40,453 Posts
I still don't see this as advertising, for reasons I've stated earlier. I feel a good mod should be able to see the difference. But that's another discussion. Not for this forum, maybe it would make a nice topic in the Debate forum.

I think that the way Bromage's post got treated was wrong and rude, and it sends out a message of a mentality that won't win us much sympathy with other clubs supporters.

Also, I have obviously joined Bromage's forum, and visiting fans don't have full access to the forum (only the match thread), so in that again I again see an indication that his invitation was not commercially motivated and only made to discuss the upcoming match.

40,453 Posts
Well, that would be very easy wouldn't it. You say it's advertising and that's the end of the story. How naive and arrogant. You automatically qualifying other members complaints as BS fits nicely into that catagory. What's this, the third site you've managed to get a moderators position? Why this need to be in control over others? Bromage has one post and you see in that proof he was advertising? Would you ever come back to a forum after getting such a 'welcome'? Your whole argument seems to be that moderators have to enfore the rules, simply because they are there. Well, you all became mods out of free will. And you actually seem to enjoy enforcing the rules, judging from your 'great stuff' remark. The root of my critisism lies with your rude behaviour towards vistiors, so don't pretend you're some sort of victem!

40,453 Posts
Hmm... so it's wrong to judge your attitude based on just one remark, but it's okay to judge Bromage's intentions based on just one post. :dazed:

In that discussion at LMF I remember me saying something like that you should try to see those kinds of things (a Bin Laden game) in their proper perspective. Which you then agreed to. So something did come out of it then. What has come out of this one? Well, it's kind of a funny thing... but by having this whole discussion in this thread, Bromage's forum has gotten much more attention than it ever would have if it hadn't been edited. Now that's humour! :cool:

So if Bromage was advertising, his hit counter must have gone through the roof! :D And you helped along with that Jacob! :eek: Shame on you, for a Xtratime CM to help direct traffic to other sites! :tongue: ;) :D

40,453 Posts
Matjaz said:
But Boyo, you got your point. Because of this argument his side was very very visited and that was his intention. To get the guests there.
That is exactly the opposite of my point. :rolleye... nah forget it.

40,453 Posts
Razor, it's not the rule that I have a problem with. What I have a problem with is that Bromage's thread was seen as advertising, which it clearly isn't, and that he got a rude treatment. But this matter has already been thoroughly discussed and resolved amongst ourselves. No need for you to start the discussion all over again.

PS one thing though, I'm kinda curious what you mean with 'pointless advertising'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.