Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have no wish to appear to hijack this forum, we would just like to extend a friendly invitation to all Lazio Fans.

Hello!

We would like to introduce you and your fellow S.S. Lazio fans to a Liverpool FC website and we would like to invite you all to join us on our forum to discuss the match on July 30th.

We believe it is important that we encourage lively but friendly debate between supporters and we can ensure your members of a good reception and of course a lively debate. We don’t allow abuse on our site so we can be confident that the views of your members will be read and given a rational response. Your members will need to sign up with the site at http://www.noadvertisementallowed.com and they will have full access to The Visitors Forum as well as the ability to read other areas of our site. In return we will provide links to your site and forum on our Home Page.

COME & VISIT US. THE FORUM IS READY, NOW!

The Team
www.noadvertisementallowed.com

Matjaz: Sorry dude, but rules are rules.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,168 Posts
Quite sad .... :(

We have a good friendship with the Liverpool fans and this would be a great way to show that. For those interested in registering with Bromage's forum, the link can be found in his profile.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Thank you Jacob for explaining things for me.

The reason the post was edited because no advertisement is allowed on Xtratime. We, as Forum Managers must follow the rules.

·
39,168 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how eager some people are in following and enforcing other peoples rules. Don't bother to think for yourselves, just do what you're being told.

Bromage's thread was just a friendly invitation to open a dialogue between Lazio and Liverpool fans, not a commercially motivated act to lure internet traffic away from Xtratime. They extend their hand in friendship, and Xtratime-Lazio slaps them in the face! And then even call it 'great stuff' :rolleyes:

·
International
6,519 Posts
Man, this place is becoming an criticism-incoming-forum lastely. I was told many many times about the rules when I didn't follow them when not editing the advertisement threads, and I don't want the same BULL to happen again. Boyo, it does not matter whether the thread is about Lazio or not, anything that's not Xtratime URL must be deleted or edited.

I would like to change that of course, but I can't.

And please, ignore the :rolleyes: smiley next time...

·
39,168 Posts
Well, I thought a long time before adding the rolleyes smilie to my post, I know don't like to see that one Matjaz. But this time it was intended for the one who made the 'great stuff' remark, that would be jacob.

Still the essence of my words remain, to enfore rules without supporting them is like the old "befhel ist befhel" phrase. Why be a mod if you don't like the rules?

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Boyo said:
...Bromage's thread was just a friendly invitation to open a dialogue between Lazio and Liverpool fans, not a commercially motivated act to lure internet traffic away from Xtratime. They extend their hand in friendship, and Xtratime-Lazio slaps them in the face! And then even call it 'great stuff' :rolleyes:

I agree with Boyo here :(
I must admit this was a bit rude :depress:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Bottom line, advertising of any kind is not allowed on XT;) Especially another board. ;)

All he had to do is PM one of the Admins and ask for permission.

Matjaz, or for that matter, any FM has to edit any sort of advertising, no matter how subtile & genuine the intentions were/are.

·
39,168 Posts
I still don't see this as advertising, for reasons I've stated earlier. I feel a good mod should be able to see the difference. But that's another discussion. Not for this forum, maybe it would make a nice topic in the Debate forum.

I think that the way Bromage's post got treated was wrong and rude, and it sends out a message of a mentality that won't win us much sympathy with other clubs supporters.

Also, I have obviously joined Bromage's forum, and visiting fans don't have full access to the forum (only the match thread), so in that again I again see an indication that his invitation was not commercially motivated and only made to discuss the upcoming match.

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Boyo, stop complaining please. Matjaz edited out the link to the site, because advertising isn't allowed on the boards. Xtratime is really attractive because of the number of posters (maybe even the status of the site) and this form of posting is a way of getting a large audience to go to another site. It was a friendly post, given, no one said it wasn't, but it's still advertising. Matjaz could have moved it to padded cell or deleted it entirely, but didn't, so people could at least see it. If you desperately wanted to view the poster's site, then the link is in his profile as you said. But as soon as someone edits something according to the actual rules made by the owner around here, then people feel the need to scream and shout for "justice", "fairness", the occasional "abuse of power" and complete BS like that. Get over it. The poster in question has one post, which also indicated he was only trying to lure posters to his site. Advertising. Nothing more, nothing less. End of story.

·
39,168 Posts
Well, that would be very easy wouldn't it. You say it's advertising and that's the end of the story. How naive and arrogant. You automatically qualifying other members complaints as BS fits nicely into that catagory. What's this, the third site you've managed to get a moderators position? Why this need to be in control over others? Bromage has one post and you see in that proof he was advertising? Would you ever come back to a forum after getting such a 'welcome'? Your whole argument seems to be that moderators have to enfore the rules, simply because they are there. Well, you all became mods out of free will. And you actually seem to enjoy enforcing the rules, judging from your 'great stuff' remark. The root of my critisism lies with your rude behaviour towards vistiors, so don't pretend you're some sort of victem!

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I must agree with Boyo on this.

But this is no critisizm on them either, Matjaz did nothing wrong. But in my eyes it would have been better to leave this as it was, if that other site was an forum for only Liverpool then we know this was no advertising, just an inviatation as guest. Personally I would have left it as it was.

At any rate I guess you can follow Boyos suggestio nof checking his profile and visiting them.

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Who said I was/we were? Feel a need to be in control, oh gimme a break. It's much better not having to enforce anything, I think most would agree on that. The point is or was, that this post was seen as advertising and subsequently edited since it's against the rules of Xtratime. Nothing much to be confused about. How you interpret the rules is an individual matter - my "great stuff"-comment was because I thought it was a humourous way to edit the post instead of just deleting it for good. So what? You turn it into me being trigger-happy about editing and enforcing rules. When you say "your rude behaviour towards visitors", who exactly are you referring to? Me, on the basis of one comment? That's a good one.;)

I recall you and I having the exact same discussion/argument/whatever on Laziomania last year, where I edited out something in a post and you didn't like it. As far as I remember, we didn't get much out of that. The post back then was edited because of political contents, this one for advertising a personal website. Posts like Bromage's get edited or deleted daily on this site - how would you distinquish between what's advertising or not?

Another poster shows up with nothing but a link to his site. Bromage makes a nice post and then gives the link. That his post was friendly, nice and that he was inviting others to his site doesn't make it different from other posts with links to personal websites. It was edited because it was that - an invitation to another site which would qualify as advertising. It could have been left alone, but wasn't.

No one can blame Matjaz for following the rules which he's supposed to do. If you want to point fingers at me for making a "funny" remark, then so be it. :)

·
39,168 Posts
Hmm... so it's wrong to judge your attitude based on just one remark, but it's okay to judge Bromage's intentions based on just one post. :dazed:

In that discussion at LMF I remember me saying something like that you should try to see those kinds of things (a Bin Laden game) in their proper perspective. Which you then agreed to. So something did come out of it then. What has come out of this one? Well, it's kind of a funny thing... but by having this whole discussion in this thread, Bromage's forum has gotten much more attention than it ever would have if it hadn't been edited. Now that's humour! :cool:

So if Bromage was advertising, his hit counter must have gone through the roof! :D And you helped along with that Jacob! :eek: Shame on you, for a Xtratime CM to help direct traffic to other sites! :tongue: ;) :D

·
International
6,519 Posts
Funny to see how "old" Xtratimers are coming back after a little missunderstanding here at Xtratime...

Well, there's nothing more to add to Jacob's post. I do not want to enforce any rules, I do not want to show people my "powers" and at last, I followed the rules and did absolutely nothing wrong.

But Boyo, you got your point. Because of this argument his side was very very visited and that was his intention. To get the guests there.

Chillz ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
There are certain guidelines to follow and that is why the person is handled the responsibilities to moderate. About the subjectivity, the moderator is not suppose to judge the depth of the issue. Does it matter if someone advertise on humane grounds for donation to the afghans. Lets say its soccer team needs addtional funding or support. If yes, then this site can be contaminated with all forms of introduction etc. Sure....only if the rules say so....

Just an opinion

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.