• No, he will lose something in his game

Votes: 10 55.6%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
Many people in the last 4 years or so have alwasy asked how Ronaldo would come back. HOneslty, I don't even believe his dcotor was 100% sure of how he would come back , if even he would come back at all.

The guy has fought through his injury, and through all the mental hassle of dealing with his professional problems, and now comes back showing a football that is just a beauty to watch.

He is not 100% fit and he is playing brilliantly, can you imagine how he will be in the World Cup??

the question is, will Ronaldo be better than he was before??

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who else voted taht he will be better?

I think he will be better, he's more matured, less spoiled and has gonne through tough times in the last couple of years.... so now he will give more valeu to his profession unlike before were he was many times a lazy bugger in the pitch!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
He's got the skills and is starting to get the physical level to be better then before but for me unlike what alot of people have said is his mentality. If he has the right mentality, he's got unlimited opportunities to be the best again!

:)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I cautiously voted that he will be about the same. But, for the same reasons Ze pointed out, I am hoping that he will be even better than before.

This reminds me of four and five years ago, shortly before the World Cup, when Ronaldo was showing off his great skills, and everyone was getting excited about how he would do in the World Cup. In this World Cup, however, once Brasil reaches the final, Ronaldo will not have the same psychological problems he had in the final four years ago, because he has learned and matured since then.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I voted no...but please don't hate me:D.There perhaps should be another option.Before,his pace was integral to his game,and nobody could really cope with it.Also,he dived far too much for my liking.However,much has happenned to,and world football,since then.He will not be the same phsically - question marks about his body performing over several long & high pressure matches need to be answered.I hope i'm wrong:).

Having said all that,i believe he will now be a more EFFECTIVE player.Peolpe are not only looking at him now,Rivaldo & Ronaldinho will definitely occupy the attention of defenders,therefore opening up spaces for Ronaldo to exploit.While being on the sidelines,he has seen Inter do perfectly fine without him this season - so i'm sure he has looked & thought about many things these last few years.So,as suggested earlier,his mental strength to prove people wrong,will be a big factor.Also,his awareness is much better,and now he is not so 1-dimensional in front of goal IMO.What he will lack in fitness,will be made up in other areas.He could be Brazils (not-so)secret weapon:D.Seriously,i feel he will be quite fit & sharp when the WC comes round,and better placed to help his team all round.Not the same & not as fast as before,but perhaps better in other ways to assist Brazil throgh the tournament.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.