Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you are wondering, is Vieira staying or going? I was once worried about him leaving, but now I think it would be better for the team if he left. Read this article:
http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2002-01-17-23-11-09.html
As Gareth can attest, Myles Palmer knows what he is talking about, and everything in this article makes perfect sense. And it is just like I though: we tied Liverpool because Vieira WAS playing and Parlour wasn't. Trust me, a hard working midfield of VannyB and Parlour or van Bommel and Parlour is a lot better than the midfield we have right now with vieira. It is obvious he doesn't want to play here, so I believe we should sell him for as much as possible.

By the way, where is Gareth anyway??

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
chris said:
I know a lot of you are wondering, is Vieira staying or going? I was once worried about him leaving, but now I think it would be better for the team if he left. Read this article:
http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2002-01-17-23-11-09.html
I have felt this way about Patrick Vieira for some time now and the article just shows more Gooners feel the same way...
He's going to leave and that's it...Quite honestly I dont give a damn anymore. He's not giving everything he got anyway, you can look at him and see he doesnt want to be in Arsenal...
Im more dissapointed then sad, how could a man like Vieira do a thing like this to us, the fans, to the club and mainly to the one that made him what he is today, Arsene Wenger.

Originally posted by chris
By the way, where is Gareth anyway??
Im afraid to say I dont know...I have been trying to contact him for a pretty long time now without any succes.
I know he can be away on projects for a couple of weeks now and then because of his job, I hope it's something like that...
I'll wait some days next week and hope he come's back otherwise I will do everything in my power to find out what has happend to him...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Dont worry guys, I'm here!

As Wakky said, in my job sometimes I am away for 1 or 2 weeks in London. (My main office is based in Leicester)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree.

I think anyone who has taken time to watch Vieira's performances will see he is not himself, he's going through the motions.

Wenger just needs to give Paddy a kick up th A*se and tell him to get his act together.

Does he think the fans are blind?

N

·
0 Posts
We went thru nearly the same thing with Zidane. But it seems to me Vieira thinks he's bigger than Arsenal and you can't have players like that in your team. No matter how good they are, if they don't treat the team's jersey with the respect it deserves, then kick him out as soon as possible.
I'm sure with the sort of funds you'd get in return for Vieira, there would be a feesible replacement.

Someone metioned Van Bommel; Excellent player.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like the article said, I don't think Vieira should even be given the chance to play for the next couple of games, just to show him no one is bigger than the team.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I Think Vieira Needs A Lesson

Alternatively Wenger could always bench Vieira. It's always the best thing to do when a player's head gets so big it's interfering with his performances: BENCH the moron FOR GOOD. He will be annoyed the first game, and will think it will be a brief stint on the bench; after a couple of matches as a sub, he'll get restless. Then he may complain about the situation to the manager, who can then say - the moment everyone's been waiting for - "You've suckked hard the past few games, another player has been better and more interested so he won the starter position. If you want to be a starter again you'll have to work harder, show more commitment, otherwise you'll be on the bench all semester". Vieira would then whine and go to the press and try to force a transfer; the club then would need to tell him to stay put, respect his ongoing contract (which probably doesn't say anything about Vieira being an automatic starter) and shut the f*ck up. The other players would probably get annoyed at this twit who demands to be a starter even when he's not performing well. So Arsenal would have peer pressure working for them too.

After a couple of weeks Vieira would want to play again hard enough, so he would work harder, after all his very place in the France NT might be endangered if he was benched for too long.

And who knows? He might learn some humility and might actually play well again, to prove his worth again. I mean, this guy isn't Pele, and he isn't Maradona either! He was treated like a superstar and he now acts like a prima donna; why not treat him as an employee with an ongoing contract whose recent performances have been inferior? Discipline him! Negotiating him just because he wants to be negotiated only confirms his impression that he IS, indeed, "superior to us mortals". It would be playing his game. I think Arsenal should try to teach him a lesson instead.

After all, Arsenal doesn't need to sell him, do they? So the bench would decrease his value - if the club decides NOT to sell him at all that ceases to be a problem, doesn't it?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
this is my opinion
maybe viera just need some talking to by henry or pires some french guy, some backig of the fans, show that we would like him to stay. his not playing well cose his going through a tough time.
think about it
a team that his been playing for most of his careeer
or a team that will give him medals, and big sums of cash
if it was me
it would be hard ok?
since we live in a world of money and crap etc.
if he will leave, he will leave. viera wont stay at arsenal and play sht cose he wants to move. he wants to move, he will.
we cant do much. just live without it. with the large some of cash he will bring us, i bet you the proffessor wenger will buy this midfielder.
and when he does
we ALL will go, " oh sht, why didnt i think of that? that guys perfect for arsenal!! can't wiat to watch him play. dam wenger is smart."
like his dun in the past
just show some backing to the arsenal team, we're concentrating on winning as a team, stop putting mind on viera and his personal wants and don'ts. he leaves then he goes!!
why do people always go, what if this, what if that.
SHUTUP AND SUPPORT ARSENAL!!

:devil:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
this is my opinion

or a team that will give him medals, and big sums of cash
if it was me

Hmmmm????

I wonder who that could be???

Real Madrid has stated they have not contacted PV and that these are rumours only. there has been no discussion with the player.

yeah right.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
It's getting very boring now,if he goes he goes so what he hasn't been playing well this season and we are still in the shake up for all the honours so we'll cope ;)
If he goes i will wish him well in Madrid he's given us nearly six years of his best years and is the best midfielder we've ever had but we don't own him,he hasn't treated us like **** like Anelka and Overmars did he could have dug his heels last summer but no he stayed for another year :cool:
Remember he wasn't born in Islington and you can't blame him for wanting to play in that dreamteam and with the sunshine on his head everyday plus a few extra million in the bank :D
But noone really knows what's going on so let's get behind him we've got some silverware to pick up ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If Paddy leaves us, will Terry follows him as well? After all, as Myles said, they are both big mates with each other. Is Van Bommel another GVB by the way?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I hate to say this :

But Vieira seems to have his mind on real Madrid

Damnit !!!!

Our midfield would not be the same without him

but live goes on....

Who do u guys think is the best replacement for Vieira???

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Van Bommel, from PSV Eindhoven. He's the type of player who is fairly good right now, but Wenger could make him into one of the best DM's in the world. Plus, he'd play well in the middle with VannyB, them both being dutch.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Well, you know what....I think reading that article has changed my perspective about Patrick Vieira a little bit.

Okay, this is my opinion. I think maybe Patrick Vieira really want to go to Real Madrid, no matter how important his position he has in Arsenal. Although he was the acting captain now, but from all articles and discussions I read in Xtratime, it seems that Patrick Vieira is in abnormal performance I'd say. I saw some Arsenal latest previous matches and I realize something that he isn't as aggresive and less dedicative then when Arsenal was on top of league table in the beginning of this season.

But, I think Wenger is a smart coach. I am sure he'll really put Vieira on the bench if his performance really don't help AFC to advance.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:

But, I think Wenger is a smart coach. I am sure he'll really put Vieira on the bench if his performance really don't help AFC to advance.
I hope so to but I really doubt he will...

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Wenger, diggs his heal's in.

WENGER: VIEIRA SALE WOULD UNDO EVERYTHING
by Patrick Goss

ARSENE WENGER has slammed suggestions that Patrick Vieira is leaving Arsenal for Real Madrid for the umpteenth time, insisting that selling their key man would send out the wrong message to the footballing world.
The Spanish press were incredulous at the French coach's muted response to the fact that Vieira had visited Madrid on his time away from the club.

However, Wenger's mellow reaction to the reports masks his anger at the constant speculation that is undermining his efforts.

"What is a bank full of money if you have no team?" Wenger asks. "To sell Vieira would undo everything I have done here.

"What message would we give out to the other players here if we sold Patrick Vieira? What would the fans think?

"I'm convinced that when all of our best players return from the World Cup this summer, they will start the season with us.

"You should realise that we aim to be the biggest club in the world.

"Real Madrid are a big fish, I understand that, but we want to keep our best players.

"This is why I do not think that any threat from Madrid is more serious than another club. It is only a threat if you want to sell.

"Why should Patrick need to give me an assurance that he will be here next season when he still has two years left on his contract at the end of this season?

"Madrid can go on spending all the money they like. They have done it in the past and now they might have nothing left because they have spent so much!"

Real have a habit of prying players from clubs that do not want to sell, with Zinedine Zidane brought from Juventus despite their assertions that he was going nowhere and, most famously, Luis Figo snapped up for £37.2 million from bitter rivals Barcelona.

Wenger insists, however, that track record counts for nothing on this occasion.

"The situation when they bought Luis Figo from Barcelona was different. Figo had a clause in his contract which allowed him to go.

"They bought Zinedine Zidane but again the situation was different. He was 29 years old and Juventus got nearly £50m for him at the last moment they could sell him.

"So that tells me Zidane's club at the time, Juventus, were a selling club. The difference is that we are not a selling club. Believe me.

"If Juventus had wanted to keep Zidane they could have kept him. And that is why Vieira will stay here, because we want to keep him

www.planetfootball.com

I been hearing that Wenger will not let PV to leave, since he has 2 years left on his current contract.

I think Wenger must be careful on keeping a player on the squad who dosent want to stay. PV could become a cancer to the current squad if he is not allowed to leave, Thats why Juve sild Zizou to Real.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Che, I just looked at your siggy...who is that dude?
He seems to be a bloody glory-hunter...

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Wakky said:
Che, I just looked at your siggy...who is that dude?
He seems to be a bloody glory-hunter...
a disgrace to all football fans!

He open this topic in the Barca forum, created a fire storm.

·
Registered
452 Posts
:D :D :D :D
Anything is possible in football. :) :)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Che said:

a disgrace to all football fans!

He open this topic in the Barca forum, created a fire storm.
I can imagine that! God damn, just as you say, a disgrace to football! :yuck:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts