Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the signing of Tevez I'm just curious how you feel about the Argentinian wonderkid soon to shine in Brazil

Don't ge me wrong I like Tevez and he is the best player in South America along with Robinho who will leave next year so Tevez will be the biggest star in Brazil ... but I feel kinda sad that Corinthians didn't find a Brazilian alternative to strengthen their squad ... the question is: aren't there enough Brazilian talents left that makes Brazilian clubs sign foreign talent ?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Ronaldo2001 said:
... the question is: aren't there enough Brazilian talents left that makes Brazilian clubs sign foreign talent ?
Sure there are. Dagoberto is absolutely high-class and would probably come for much cheaper, to name one.

BUT... and this is a significant 'but'... Tevez is an international star who will attract much more headlines, not to mention capture the fans' imaginations – which is what the shady "foreign investor" who wants to associate with Corinthians needs to push the club's council into approving the partnership.

It has nothing to do with the absence of quality players here, it's all about making explosive headlines. Santos' Robinho would have been a natural choice to make those explosive headlines, but he announced that there will be no further negotiations about his future club until his mother's kidnapping is over, so he's out of the market for now.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
So is Tevez's signing more for commercial reasons than footballing (though there is no doubt that kid can play)?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ronaldo2001 said:
After the signing of Tevez I'm just curious how you feel about the Argentinian wonderkid soon to shine in Brazil

Don't ge me wrong I like Tevez and he is the best player in South America along with Robinho who will leave next year so Tevez will be the biggest star in Brazil ... but I feel kinda sad that Corinthians didn't find a Brazilian alternative to strengthen their squad ... the question is: aren't there enough Brazilian talents left that makes Brazilian clubs sign foreign talent ?

Foreign talent was a big factor in Brazilian soccer in the past; why not again?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Bordon is gone! said:
Foreign talent was a big factor in Brazilian soccer in the past; why not again?
You mean like Mazurkiewicz, Figueroa, Fischer (Botafogo ;) ), Rodriguez, Fillol, Marcico and a handful of others?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Or more recently Romerito (this one was Brazilian football's MVP at his best), Gamarra, Rincon...

(Fillol was not a big hit, I do not remember Marcico)

Another big name was Pedro Rocha...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
..and many come back with no glory either..at this moment Tevez thinks too much grand of himself, and if he doesn't focus, he won't shine a bit..anyway I think can be great to buy players from each other, to create a market, to have better TV contracts, and in that way avoid our players to go to Europe to show themselves, I love that him receiving the same money goes to a Latin American team, GREAT FOR HIM (bad for Boca btw, we are officially under the ground..better buy someone, and not precisly a Matelllan, Guly, etc..what a way to throw money, instead of buying Sosa to Estudiantes, LAvezzi to San Lorenzo, etc..Boca buy those oldies and never good ones, and sell tevez, man we are doomed..)

Well sorry for the Boca part, back in track, in an ideal scenario, we can strength both championships, and preserve our players...IN real world is just a transfer to make sme laundry of dirty money, a possible station for the future in Europe of two promising argies, and the 5 brazilians too, btw who are the brazilians mentioned to arm the Super Corinthians, man this smell pretty bad, how far we are of the "Stratosphere Team"...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
in this trend Ramos Delgado, SanFilipo, Dobal, form the recent ones Mancuso did pretty well, and Sorin of course, which one was the worse in last times? of the argies specifically..

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Congratulations to Ze & Co for a great signing. I just hope that Tevez uses his peanutsized brain and steps up to the challange insted of being in Brazil to party, do drugs and cashing in easily before heading to Europe. I'm very sad to see him leave though. Dale Apache!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
ilgenio said:
So is Tevez's signing more for commercial reasons than footballing (though there is no doubt that kid can play)?
Of course Tevez is a major signing for Corinthians' team – but the investors' need to make a high-impact signing to impress the fans was the biggest factor in going after the Argentinean, IMO.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Did he already signed the contract? What are the financial details and more importantly, how for Christ's sake did Corinthians manage to sign him before Chelsea, Inter Milan, Barcelona, Spartak Moscow and similar teams...

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
That's a great signing for Corinthians. Now, they have to sign at least 7 more players because todays team only with Tevez wont go anywhere.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
brasileiro said:
That's a great signing for Corinthians. Now, they have to sign at least 7 more players because todays team only with Tevez wont go anywhere.

Even Pele needed 10 guys on his side !!!!!!! Carlitos might need twice your stated amount !!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Robban said:
Congratulations to Ze & Co for a great signing. I just hope that Tevez uses his peanutsized brain and steps up to the challange insted of being in Brazil to party, do drugs and cashing in easily before heading to Europe. I'm very sad to see him leave though. Dale Apache!
tevez will be the best player of the brasileiro next season, but i suspect he'll also be visiting the 'help' nightclub a lot...guy likes to party hard. :embarass: :cool: :shades:

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
in this trend Ramos Delgado, SanFilipo, Dobal, form the recent ones Mancuso did pretty well, and Sorin of course, which one was the worse in last times? of the argies specifically..
Latelly there was a huge list of non-famous players...I remember Kanapiks, uruguayan defender, in 1994/1995, played for Atletico-MG. In 1994 he was even elected to the best 11 of SA...really awful...
YOu must remember also Perfumo. It was funny how in the early 70's two players like Perfumo and Figueroa are here. If I am not mistaken Sastre (sp?) also played here for Sao Paulo...
In the 80's 3 very good central defenders of Uruguay are here: Oliveira (Atletico-MG), Dario Pereyra (Sao Paulo) and Hugo De Leon (Gremio) and also the great Rodolfo Rodriguez in the goal of Santos. The already mentioned Romerito, the from Paraguay Benitez (Internacional), a very good goalkeeper and Fillol all had momments together here.

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
Yes, he did well and when he seemed to settle for Atletico and even conquer the fans, he left in 2000, played one year for Santos and vanished.

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
The water flows and the memory works, there was other players, Forlan father played for Sao Paulo, there was another Benitez, left-winger for Flamengo, Fisher for Botafogo, Ancheta for Gremio, Ruben Paz, Fernandez (the paraguay keeper), Astengo (chilean defender), the colombias Asprilla and we forgot to mention Ariztizabal. Andrada was the keeper that suffered the 1000th goal, Before Marzukiewicz, Atletico had another uruguayan named Circunegui. Cruzeiro had Revetria, who is only famous for scoring 3 goals in a single derby with Atletico, and that derby ended a bit the carrer of Ortiz, goalkeeper with long hairs, a bit of a copy of Gatti. Sao Paulo had ROjas and Sierra, and in the starting line-up of Vasco in 1988, when they won the league, there was a central defender from Ecuador named Quinones (who dont remember him ?) and even Maldonado (not this one now, the first Venezulean player to score against Brazil in the Copa America of 89 played quickly around here, i think in Fluminense...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sao Paulo had several foreign players of varied quality in the last 15 years...

Alex Rondon, striker, Venezuela
Nestor Isasi, right full back, Paraguay
Celso Ayala, defender, Paraguay
Roberto Rojas, goalie, Chile
Gustavo Matosas, midfielder, Uruguay
Diego Lugano, defender, Uruguay
Mendoza???, right full-back, Chile (in 1996, horrible player)
Claudio Maldonado, defender-midfielder, Chile
Jose Luis Sierra, playmaker, Chile
Victor Aristizabal, forward, Colombia
Diego Aguirre, striker, Uruguay

1 - 20 of 31 Posts