Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from Tuttomercato. Basicly says that there is a rumor that Man shittys owner is intersted in Milan and has made an offer taht Milan are seriously concidering. Alot of cash to spend and renovate San siro.

:confused:

Ha dell'incredibile la voce che è rimbalzata dall'Inghilterra secondo la quale lo sceicco Al Mansur, attuale proprietario del Manchester City, avrebbe pronta una maxi offerta da 500 milioni di Euro per far entrare nel suo patrimonio personale anche il Milan il che corrisponderebbe al 40% delle azioni della società di Via Turati. Secondo indiscrezioni, l'uomo che voleva portare Kakà ai Citizens a Gennaio, sarebbe disposto a mettere a disposizione degli uomini mercato rossoneri la bellezza di 100 milioni di Euro per la campagna acquisti ed avrebbe anche in cantiere l'intero restiling di San Siro. Mansur è anche proprietario del 5% delle azioni Mediaset e, sembra che gli alti vertici rossoneri stiano "Ponderando l'offerta" seriamente.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If our future otherwise lies in the hands of Marina Berlusconi I say go for it.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allready refuted by acmilan.com

Anyway... if such a deal happens, it is very important that the money gets spended wisely so that we can stand on our own, when the arabs get tired of spending. I kind of dont realy care about flashy names. I just want Milan to be able to stand on its own and be compatative. If it can be done with a push by the arabs so be it.

From what I understood, this sopposed offer is for 40% of Milan, meaning that 60% would still remain in Berluscas family.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I think there's this UEFA rule prohibiting individuals from dual ownership of european clubs.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just doing some math... 500 for 40 % woudl mean that Milan is worth 1,25 billion euros.
Is that fair? :confused:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Marina might very well advocate such a move. However, this club remains her father's best ever PR tool. Fester will refuse the move, he's been adamant we remain Italian. I, for one, would refuse oil money whatever the consequences are.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
You mean ManC owner/s want to own ACM as well?

wow you sure can be a good feeder to the EPL club.

·
Registered
15,586 Posts
I would guess staying in the family.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,019 Posts
I think there's this UEFA rule prohibiting individuals from dual ownership of european clubs.
Yes there is but it doesn't matter on this case. I read about this rumor on a ManCity forum weeks ago and apparently they could legally do it because the guy interested in taking over Milan has no formal connections with ManCity. so although the 2 clubs would be financed from a same source (Abu Dhabi royal family) the persons owning the clubs would be different.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I got that idea and adjusted my ProEvo's ManCity :happy:

___________________Abbiatti
Zabaleta - Micah Richards - Richard Dunne - Wayne Bridge
_____________________Pirlo
SWrightPhlips --- Elano ------- KaKa ------------- Robinho
__________________Craig Bellamy

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
reason being?
I am very skeptical, though of course it might work well. However, I will be very concerned, since Milan has been owned for ages by Italians, indeed Milanista. Milan is a family and has a special aura and atmosphere to it and already has a very rich owner. Few extra million/billion can help on a short run, but can destroy the club (as we know it) in the future.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Here is an illustration of what I mean:

Berlusconi was born in Milan and raised there in an upper middle-class family. His father Luigi (1908–1989) was a bank employee, his mother was Rosa Bossi (1911–2008). After completing his secondary school education at a Salesian college, he studied law at the Università Statale in Milan, graduating with a thesis on the legal aspects of advertising in 1961. During his university studies he was an upright bass player in a group formed with the now Mediaset Chairman and amateur pianist Fedele Confalonieri and occasionally performed as cruise ship crooner.

Mialnista :proud:

:D

1 - 20 of 501 Posts