Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
41,573 Posts
I have very little hope for this match which is sad cause in the end the Amstel Cup could prove to be vital for a possible European adventure next season.

I too think he'll now start with Pardo and Lazo, but even that won't change much, since we're talking about mentality issues and a loser-syndrome that Gullit and co have slowly but steadily introduced in the squad.

Don't know what's up with Babos, but that first goal was truly depressing, I also think that he's a good goalie, but he's going through a rough patch, which is not all that surprising with a hardly existing defence in front of him.

Sheesh, look at how negative Gullit has made me and no Wally, I won't start anymore threads. ;)

· Registered
41,573 Posts
Welcome tfas! :)

Although I too intially liked Mtiliga's attacking drive, this season we've come to see that he hasnt got a clue when it comes to defending and positioning. And since Gyan is a decent backup and Ostlund was really signed to fill the gap Song left, I don't think they'll move him to midfield.

Other than that I think you have a decent team there. I agree with giving both Pardo and Lazo a shot since both seem very eager to shiow their skills.

Hopefully they surprise us tonight with a win, I don't care if it's AZ scoring own goals or penalties, as long as we go through.

· Registered
41,573 Posts
hahaha lady luck has been very gentile towards us tonight! :D

Now I expect us to completely kill them off, 10! 10! 10! :cool:

Great header by Kuijt and Lazo's joy after he scored almost made me emotional. :proud:

· Registered
41,573 Posts
Typical, we can't even control midfield against 9 players! :rollani:

If someone had told me before the match that we would win 1-3 I'd be extremely happy, but I can't help but feel a bit dissapointed we didn't kill them off completely.
Still, hopefully this indeed proves to be a turning point.

As for the players, no more Castelen and Basto, both were crap. Pardo needs to play since we lack a playmaker in Ono's absence, Ghaly seemed to be the chosen one tonight and he actually did pretty well in that role. Ostlund started out good but dissapeared a bit during the rest of the match and Gibbs is clearly a decent defender, but his constant long balls make me wonder if he's really a footballer (and not a NFL kicker or sth). Hofs did ok, worked hard and ran a lot. Lazo had a tough time with Opdam and Kromkamp but he should have scored that second goal. Kuijt once again deserves all praise and Babos did well too.

BTW What was up with that gesture (shhh) Gullit made at the end? This win didn't have anything to do with him and if he thinks that we'll all just forgive and forget, he's got another thing coming. :fero:

FORZA FEYENOORD! And let's bring the cup home!

· Registered
41,573 Posts
:howler:

Did any of you guys see the Hans Kraaij/Ruud Gullit clash just now?

Hans Kraaij might not be the brightest guy out there, but I have no doubt he's honest and Ruud once again made a fool out of himself in what looked like a typical third grade fued.

Better an idiot than a fatso, right Jorien? :wallbang:

· Registered
41,573 Posts
Hans Kraaij claimed that he'd asked Gullit at the start of the season if Bosschaart wasn't the best option for leftback, Gullit told him that just wasn't possible. Now Gullit denies he ever said that. :eek:

It went something like this:

Hans: Ik durf te zweren op alles dat je mij dat verteld hebt
Ruud: Dan doe je dat maar, je zuigt t uit je duim

And it went up and down like 20 times before Ruud just walked away with that fake smile on his face. Real quality interview :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.