Xtratime Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started the thread since we'll lose anyway.

As for the line-up. I was real surprised that PArdo didn't play yesterday after being praised so much by Gullit. Also the same with LAzovic but you'd expect it more after the way K2 clicked before the winterbreak. That saying I think some changes need to be made.

First of all, this diamond shape. Fine, it worked against Rosenborg who hadn't played for like 3 months but in the game against Excelsior and again yesterday in the first half (before Castelen came on making it no diamond anymore), it was clear that our midfield was unable to dominate. Reason being, it's a formation for counterattacking sides and it has no width, it was plain simple for our opponents to block us by simply packing the centre of midfield. I'd go back to a flat 4-4-2 with 2 real central midfielders and wingers.

Second change I'd make is to rest Kalou. He was on fire earlier in the season as we all know but his last performances, also before the winterbreak, have been well below his level. Not strange considering he's still very young and kids always have a dip, so it'd be best for him to be benched imo for the new hungrier Lazovic.

Other than that, I'd maybe play Pardo and Ghaly in the middle. Hofs or de Graaf on the right since Castelen even though he's a natrual right winger can't pass any left back on his current form.

I'd keep the back 4 as they'll need time and I'd rather have Gibbs than Paauwe who's a complete turtle. At least Gibbs has a little pace.

Babos I'd keep too since if Gullit was to drop him now, it'd shatter his confidence even more and be the end of his Feyenoord career. I'd stick by him and keep him till the end of the season. If he doesn't do well enough, then perhaps look at Gentenaar whos transferfree (and also cancel Aerts contract since he doesn't look that good this season), but I still believe in my heart that Babos will make it for us. A good keeper at NAC can't suddenly turn bad for us overnight.

So my line-up for Wednesday night

-------------Babos------------

Östlund--Saidi--Gibbs-Boschaart

Hofs----Pardo---Ghaly--Goor

----Kuijt---Lazovic------

We'll probably lose and who knows, if we get thrashed Gullit might even resign! but we'll let AZ have this game as long as Co comes south :shades:

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Mtiliga's been poor this season. Last season under Van Marwijk he looked to be a steady stand-in and looked defensively neat, but now under Gullit the whole defence has basically turned into a completely unorganized bunch of clowns :eek: and Mtiliga in particular has looked poor when going forward. He basically just boots the ball out of play everytime he tries to pass forward :eek:
Pascal Boschaart's been ruled out today for tomorrows game as he's injured (no real loss as he showed he couldn't pass either against Vitesse :eek: ) so a chance for either Basto or Mtiliga to play.

btw nice to see we have interested fans from as far as Poland, tfas :thmbup: Dudek will always be a legend in my eyes. As for Smolarek, he's alright, not spectacular but I think his loan spell at Dortmund will do him good as it'll make him stronger and hopefully it'll convince the not so great trainer of a Gullit to use him more.

Prince, yeah it's live on SBS6 so prepare yourself for a night of laughter while I'll be preparing myself for another night to sob into my chips :( :D

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
--------Gábor Babos------

Östlund-Saidi-Gibbs-Basto

Castelen-Ghaly-Hofs-Goor

---Lazovic--Kuijt----

Ref: Luinge :yuck:

Pascal & Kalou injured.

Surprisingly I have a good feeling about the game :googly: dunno why, lets hope it's a good sign!

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahahaha

loser Van Galen sent off :cool:

Perez should have been sent off for elbowing Kuijt but now has been sent off for handling the ball in the penalty area. :thumbsup:

Filthy AZ :yuck: hope Aachen trash them :cool:

but Kuijt misses a penalty :rolleyes: back to earth. Still 0-0

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dirk Kuijt :kiss: :D 0-1

hope my feeling is right!

surely we won't give this away :hangover:

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dirty AZ :ass:

0-2 DANKO LAZOVIC! :proud:

Alkmaar, good night and God bless! :D

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Van der Vaart said:
: I don't know if I'm happy that Feyenoord is winning, but maybe it's better....
you should be happy :pp since AZ will be demoralised now after this and will miss Van Galen & Perez for at least 4 games imo. We've basically given PSV the title imo and you the 2nd CL spot tonight I think

No 10 as you ordered Drulo :groan: :D Instead we even managed to let them score, typical. Thank goodness Kuijt finished it off.

Good performance from Hofs and it would have been even nicer if Danko's shot went in off the woodwork instead of rebounding out. I hope Gullit keeps him in the first eleven for the game against Twente since it'll be stupid to bench a hungry striker and to put an out of form Kalou in. Nothing against Solomon but I think he needs a rest now and with a little brak now I'm confident he'll come back stronger.

Still nice to see us take revenge on AZ and see 2 of their thugs get sent off. Van Galen again :D
I've got a little bit more confidence now. Before today I'd have said we'd have no chance of getting a point away against Twente but now I reckon we're good enough for a point at least. Lets hope this is the turning point !

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Roelof Luinge rocks!

Kluivert said:
That's a bit harsh, Perez will be suspended for one, maybe two games tops.
Nah I expect more, because of the elbow he gave Kuijt which wasn't spotted by Luinge (now my fav ref :proud: ). Since Ghaly was done earlier this season for the same, I expect the KNVB to take the same action and also give him 4 games.

------------------

Van Galen berustte in zijn actie. 'Spijt heb ik niet, maar ik begrijp wel dat ik door mijn actie de wedstrijd voor ons heb verziekt. Maar wat gebeurd is, is gebeurd. Ik kan er niets meer aan doen. Die rode kaart is mijn eigen schuld, maar ook Luinge treft blaam. Hij zag dat ik eerder door die Östlund werd geraakt, maar deed daar niets tegen. Tussen Luinge en mij komt het nooit meer goed.' :howler:

In het verleden lagen Van Galen, AZ en scheidsrechter Roelof Luinge al geregeld met elkaar overhoop. :thmbup: Zo zou Van Galen bij Feyenoord-AZ in het najaar van 2000 Luinge in diens maag hebben geslagen. :nono: De zaak tegen de AZ'er werd geseponeerd wegens gebrek aan bewijs.

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Drulo said:
:howler:

Did any of you guys see the Hans Kraaij/Ruud Gullit clash just now?

Hans Kraaij might not be the brightest guy out there, but I have no doubt he's honest and Ruud once again made a fool out of himself in what looked like a typical third grade fued.

Better an idiot than a fatso, right Jorien? :wallbang:
damn, I missed it :groan:

What made Ruud go all upset ? :D

as for his shhhh, :howler: Jorien would say that it was cos Gullit's an emotional guy.

· Registered
59,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Prince-O said:
*cough* Hypocrite *cough*

:lala:
Every ref is allowed to make a mistake like he did with Sla-tan against us in the cup with that elbow :irritate: but after last night I've come to see that Luinge is a good, consistant and honest ref :proud: one of the most underrated referees in the league! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.