Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i want info.about this Ghanaian international player. How regular does de play??? and what is your opinion about his defending??? any other Ghanaian footballer in Greece??
What about Kwame Frimpong-Pele. He featured in the 1999 U-17 together with Essien(lyon),Obodai(Ajax),Pimpong(Midtjiland) and was considered a great talent. He mobed to ao Kalamata and nothing was ever heard of him again.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
At one point Amponsah played for Olympiakos and he was a very promising player, however he got injured and was never the same again -- he followed his coach, Dusan Bajevic, to PAOK and then to AEK

I dont rate him at all because hes immobile and a liabilit defensively -- hes always out of position and is forced to foul a lot, which leads to a lot of yellows

He used to start for AEK, he does no longer

As for the other guy ive never heard of him.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
that would explain him not starting

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
He is officially cut now.

*PS He did play 1 game for us and it was agaisnt Lille in the UEFA cup. He did not preforme to well but he did score our goal.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,
Could any body post a link stating that Amponsah is a free agent. I have been searching all over the net but nothing points to Amponsah being cut off.
Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Kofi Amponsah:

04/05 AEK
03/04 AEK
02/03 PAOK 21-0
01/02 PAOK 16-0
00/01 PAOK 18-2
99/00 PAOK 7-0
99/00 Olympiakos 5-0
98/99 Olympiakos 5-0
98/99 Panelefsiniakos 15-1

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
He was great in his last year at PAOK but it was a one-off. He's been a liability before and after that single year. He's a good defender when he is concentrated, but he makes so many stupid decisions... Great athlete though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Isn't Addo from Ghana?
He just recently signed with Ergotelis after he was transfered from Maccabi Al-Taiv...

As for Abonsah, he was released to make room for a brazilian striker, Julio Cesar, who we just signed. He wasn't good for AEK except for his last 3 games.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts