Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we signed amoruso he has barely been used and I don't see a real future with us,Instead his likely destination would be Udinese come the end of the season with the strong possibility of bringing back Carlo Ancelotti's pupil Hernan crespo back to the Devilhood.So what is the probability of this happening?I think it's a strong one,especially given Crespo's desire to return to Italy and especially to play for Milan. :hopefull:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bandiera said:
Since we signed amoruso he has barely been used and I don't see a real future with us,Instead his likely destination would be Udinese come the end of the season with the strong possibility of bringing back Carlo Ancelotti's pupil Hernan crespo back to the Devilhood.So what is the probability of this happening?I think it's a strong one,especially given Crespo's desire to return to Italy and especially to play for Milan. :hopefull:
When we use Amoroso so little, why then get a replacement who has a higher wage?

Why would Crespo want to come back as 4. striker?

Since Carlo loves Hernan he would probably start to rotate him with Gila and Pippo, and that would probably slow down Gila´s develoupment.

I don´t see one good reason to get Crespo apart from sentimental ones...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicolas said:
When we use Amoroso so little, why then get a replacement who has a higher wage?

Why would Crespo want to come back as 4. striker?

Since Carlo loves Hernan he would probably start to rotate him with Gila and Pippo, and that would probably slow down Gila´s develoupment.

I don´t see one good reason to get Crespo apart from sentimental ones...
He wants to come back to Italy so much and has expressed his desire on numerous occasions.Understandably he wouldn't get much playing time but he knew that last time and still joined us.He probably would be happy in lowering his wage demands in order to being more happier with a move to Italy and Milan especially.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bandiera said:
He wants to come back to Italy so much and has expressed his desire on numerous occasions.Understandably he wouldn't get much playing time but he knew that last time and still joined us.He probably would be happy in lowering his wage demands in order to being more happier with a move to Italy and Milan especially.
When he joined us the last time he had a much bigger chance of getting playing time, since Pippo was off form and there was no Gila, now the situation is quite changed.
Last time he joined us when he was in a situation where he even considered quitting football, and his reputation was quite bad, now his rep is good, he has done well for Chelsea this year. He will have no problem finding a new club

You still haven´t explained why we would pay more to a replacement for Amoroso who will hardly ever get used.

Hernan will not come to Milan for the same salary as Amoroso, and he will not just sit on the bench week in and week out and smile of happiness just to be here.

Recently he has stated that he is happy in Chelsea and if he decides to leave there will be plenty of clubs willing to offer him more than a very low salary and a spot as 4. striker

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nicolas said:
When he joined us the last time he had a much bigger chance of getting playing time, since Pippo was off form and there was no Gila, now the situation is quite changed.
Last time he joined us when he was in a situation where he even considered quitting football, and his reputation was quite bad, now his rep is good, he has done well for Chelsea this year. He will have no problem finding a new club

You still haven´t explained why we would pay more to a replacement for Amoroso who will hardly ever get used.

Hernan will not come to Milan for the same salary as Amoroso, and he will not just sit on the bench week in and week out and smile of happiness just to be here.

Recently he has stated that he is happy in Chelsea and if he decide
s to leave there will be plenty of clubs willing to offer him more than a very low salary and a spot as 4. striker
Amoruso to me is definately not in our future plans and someone who surely seems on his way at seasons end.I doubt Amoruso will have much of an influence on our team anyway,Crespo surely loves to be getting first team football,but' it's his desire and love that he had playing for Milan that is the key.If he is'nt willing to be a 4th striker or take a drop in wages then fair enough,but I surely see him and waiting for the opportunity to retuen to Milan at whatever cost.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inzaghi on the offensive Thursday 23 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan striker Pippo Inzaghi has told the club to not waste transfer funds on any new forwards this summer.

The Rossoneri have been linked with possible moves for Chelsea’s Hernan Crespo and Ronaldo of Real Madrid, but Inzaghi believes there is no need for any alterations up front.

“Our attack is envied across Europe by everyone, there is no need for me to give the club any advice on whom to buy,” he said.

Inzaghi is just one of four international forwards plying their trade at the San Siro, seeing as he is accompanied by Andriy Shevchenko, Alberto Gilardino and Marcio Amoroso.

Although the latter has hardly featured since his arrival in January, the other three have been alternated with success by boss Carlo Ancelotti.

“I’m happy that Ancelotti has renewed his contract with the club,” the former Juventus and Atalanta player added.

“We have opened a winning cycle with him. The team is right behind the Coach and I think that the club have made the right decision in keeping him.”

Milan are next in action on Saturday when they take on Fiorentina, before they travel to France to play Lyon in the Champions League.

“Lyon will cause us more problems than Bayern did in the last round,” added Simone Inzaghi’s older brother. “We’ll need to be at our best to reach the semi-finals.”

Winning the Champions League is now the Rossoneri’s main ambition and Inzaghi is hoping to finish the campaign in style, also because of this summer’s World Cup Finals.

“I must just continue to do well for my club as I have always attempted to,” continued the player who hasn’t featured at all for Italy under Marcello Lippi.

“Whatever comes after that is a bonus even if playing for Italy is the dream of all footballers out there.”

channel4

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bandiera said:
Crespo surely loves to be getting first team football,but' it's his desire and love that he had playing for Milan that is the key.If he is'nt willing to be a 4th striker or take a drop in wages then fair enough,but I surely see him and waiting for the opportunity to retuen to Milan at whatever cost.
Well I disagree with you, and I have not seen Crespo state unconditional love for Milan, sure he enjoyed a good season here but don´t tell me that he because of that season will go from a huge wage in Chelsea and lots of playing time to a minimum wage and nearly no playing time here.

Also I don´t see why you want him to come back? Do you want Gila to get less matches and slow down his develoupment and his partnership with Sheva?

I don´t see any logic in it for either part

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nicolas said:
Well I completly disagree with you, and I have not seen Crespo state his unconditional love for Milan, he enjoyed a good season here but don´t tell me that he because of that season will go from a huge wage in Chelsea and lots of playing time to a minimum wage and nearly no playing time here.

Also I don´t see why you want him to come back? Do you want Gila to get less matches and slow down his develoupment and his partnership with Sheva?
I've read on numerous sites Crespo's love for Milan and desire to one day hopefully return.I wouldn't like to see Gila slow down and get less playing time but I still like Crespo alot and dream of a return for him to Milan as he is one of the best going around and loves to play for our club.I disagree with you on another point,is that you say Crespo is enjoying his time at Chelsea that I disagree on based on what I've read about him on wanting to return to Italy.
Also the facts that I know are that his family are from and possibly still live in Italy,his wife is Italian and children were born in italy and has stated on countless occasion's his wish to hopefully return to Milan in the future.And if given the chance despite the circumstances I'd say he'd jump at the chance to come back. :hopefull:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bandiera said:
I disagree with you on another point,is that you say Crespo is enjoying his time at Chelsea that I disagree on based on what I've read about him on wanting to return to Italy.
I never said that he is enjoying his time there, only that I am quite sure that he prefers his huge wage there and the playing time rather than taking a paycut and sitting on the bench here.
I am sure that he has fond memories of his time here and my heart would love for him to return, but I still don´t want him back because it makes no sense, and I fear that it would shift the balance of our forward line.
Carlo would obviously play him a lot and he is not the future, Gila is the future and therefore he should be allowed to develoup as good as possible, and you don´t allow him to do that by adding another class striker.

Also what kind of gratitude would that be to Pippo if we reward his great performances by showing that we don´t have faith in him by signing a new competition for him?

I am glad that you say that your reasons for wanting him back are sentimental ones because I still don´t see any logic in it.

It would make more sense to bring back Pozzi or some other prodigy IMO

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nicolas said:
I never said that he is enjoying his time there, only that I am quite sure that he prefers his huge wage there and the playing time rather than taking a paycut and sitting on the bench here.
I am sure that he has fond memories of his time here and my heart would love for him to return, but I still don´t want him back because it makes no sense, and I fear that it would shift the balance of our forward line.
Carlo would obviously play him a lot and he is not the future, Gila is the future and therefore he should be allowed to develoup as good as possible, and you don´t allow him to do that by adding another class striker.

Also what kind of gratitude would that be to Pippo if we reward his great performances by showing that we don´t have faith in him by signing a new competition for him?

I am glad that you say that your reasons for wanting him back are sentimental ones because I still don´t see any logic in it.

It would make more sense to bring back Pozzi or some other prodigy IMO
I don't have sentimental feelings for Hernanito to retuen because the guy is simply class and we saw it in the final of Istanbul despite the result.Despite Crespo's past with Injuries he is complete class and that's why I want him back,as much as i love Pippo we aren't sure of his future either.But in other respects there are other players I have in mind as a 4th striker i.e Suazo or Tavano.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Bandiera said:
I've read on numerous sites Crespo's love for Milan and desire to one day hopefully return.
When asked he would say this about ANY club. they always "love" to play for this or that club.

There are many players that we need mroe than Crespo. So I say a "nay" on this one.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
I think Hernan is a great player, I wouldnt mind having him back at Milan; however it makes more sense to get someone who is cheaper and younger and has no problem with sitting on the bench. Crespo is too good and too expensive to keep as a backup.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
If Crespo comes (which I doubt) then Pippo would have to leave. Sheva-Gila-Crespo is a very strong attack. I love Pippo to death though, would hate to see him leave.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
yeah pipo wud have to leave....

but Id say Inter shud bid fr Crespo.. hows his relationship with Moraati and the team? He'd get MORE football, playing alongside Adriano..hes box/finisher kinda like VAn Nistilrooy... and he'd get CL football

Martins isnt making it and Recoba is waaaay to injury prone, cant rely on him forever...
if he wants to stay in Milan as such(the city) then

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Crespo set for Inter comeback? Friday 24 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the paths to Ronaldo and Thierry Henry increasingly difficult to negotiate, Inter could make a bid to bring back Hernan Crespo.

It is no secret that the Nerazzurri are looking for a new hitman to take some of the pressure off Adriano’s shoulders next season and the main targets are beset by problems.

Henry is hot property on the transfer market and reportedly closer to Barcelona than anyone else, assuming he does leave Arsenal after all.

Ronaldo would be willing for a return to the San Siro, but patron Massimo Moratti faces stiff opposition from the fans and many of the club directors, who feel he betrayed them when he walked out to join Real Madrid in 2002.

The key could be in another familiar face, as Crespo has always been at his happiest in Serie A and played some of his best football in the peninsula.

Although he has earned more room in the Chelsea squad this season under Jose Mourinho, he is by no means guaranteed first team football.

Crespo reached the Champions League Final with Milan last term, but has already worn the Inter jersey in 2002-03 and would have no problems settling in to the already vast Argentine contingent at the club.

channel4

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
nahtino said:
yeah pipo wud have to leave....

but Id say Inter shud bid fr Crespo.. hows his relationship with Moraati and the team? He'd get MORE football, playing alongside Adriano..hes box/finisher kinda like VAn Nistilrooy... and he'd get CL football

Martins isnt making it and Recoba is waaaay to injury prone, cant rely on him forever...
if he wants to stay in Milan as such(the city) then
Crespo going back to Inter is like a drug addict who has been clean for years going back to using drugs :D Milan will feel sorry for the rehabilitation efforts they made ;)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I dont know if you guys belive in fate, magic, etc.
I belive in fate at least, and during the time that I have been watching football I have noticed that some players are , how can I say it , maybe "not winners".
EX. Vieri, Crespo, J.Zanetti.
All ouf these players are personal favorites of mine, but they allways seem to somehow ,not win.
Take Crespo for instance: he won the Cup winners Cup or the Uefa cup with Parma but after that he went to Lazio just after they won the Scudetto and maneged to win nothing, after that he went to Inter, than he went to Chelsea didn´t win anything,he than came to us, who had just won the scudetto. This time Chelsea won the league and we maneged to loose both scudetto (after twise catching up an eight point defecit) and the CL after leading by 3 at HT. He could win the league this year tough. But somehow to me it seema that he is at the right team at the wrong time most of the time.

Its a simmilar story for Vieri, he allways went to the right team at the wrong time.First he left igobbi for Athletico M after they had won La Liga and won nothing, than he went to Lazio only to leave at the begining of the year when they won the scudetto and than he lost the scudetto with Inter at rome. I realy like Vieri (and Crespo also) but ,how can I put this right, maybe: I feel mroe secure when these kind of players are not in our squad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts