Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CBF will arrange friendly on 27/4/05 in the Morumbi. It is not a FIFA date, so it looks like a domestic XI will represent us. The likely opponent is a SA team.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We will play against Argentina

É ROBINHO POHA!!!!! hauhahua

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Domestic team... hmm... let's see. One possible team:

--------------------Marcos--------------------
Cicinho?-------Anderson------Marinho-------Leo
-------------------Magrão--------------------
------------Josue---------Ricardinho----------
------------Roger (or Carlos Alberto)---------
---------------Fred------Robinho--------------

Not a bad eleven, not bad at all. This team might do quite well in the WC. :D
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Alex Dias, Tinga, Gustavo Nery, Rogerio Ceni, Luisão, Pedrinho, Mineiro, Dagoberto, Fernandão and Edu Dracena are other possible names on this squad.

The question mark next to Cicinho is because he doesn't really play as a fullback, but as a winger... however, being a home game an' all, maybe Parreira will take a chance and see what happens. ;) Look at it this way... If Cicinho flops, the fans will see that he doesn't work well there and maybe stop demanding his presence; and if he does well in the position Parreira will have another option for Cafu's reserve. :happy: It will be interesting to see what happens.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Garrincha said:
Domestic team... hmm... let's see. One possible team:

--------------------Marcos--------------------
Cicinho?-------Anderson------Marinho-------Leo
-------------------Magrão--------------------
------------Josue---------Ricardinho----------
------------Roger (or Carlos Alberto)---------
---------------Fred------Robinho--------------

Not a bad eleven, not bad at all. This team might do quite well in the WC. :D
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Alex Dias, Tinga, Gustavo Nery, Rogerio Ceni, Luisão, Pedrinho, Mineiro, Dagoberto, Fernandão and Edu Dracena are other possible names on this squad.

The question mark next to Cicinho is because he doesn't really play as a fullback, but as a winger... however, being a home game an' all, maybe Parreira will take a chance and see what happens. ;) Look at it this way... If Cicinho flops, the fans will see that he doesn't work well there and maybe stop demanding his presence; and if he does well in the position Parreira will have another option for Cafu's reserve. :happy: It will be interesting to see what happens.

Wouldn't Dininho also deserve a shot?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I actually thought he had been negotiated... I haven't really seen São Caetano play this year. :) If he's still here, by all means – take off Marinho and enter Dininho.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Garrincha said:
I actually thought he had been negotiated... I haven't really seen São Caetano play this year. :) If he's still here, by all means – take off Marinho and enter Dininho.
Cool. Unfortunately I hardly ever see São Caetano but he's the central defender I've heard most good stuff about along with Edu Dracena (but much of that is from his national team youth appearances).

Where is he going?

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
Dininho is in Japan, but Roger ? The Eternal promess for years and that just returned from nothing to nothing ?

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Sorry for the out of topic, but I just watched on TV that Sao Paulo not even never wn a single match in Argentina, they didn't even score a single goal here in Libertadores?..is that correct??????, I really think must be bullshit, if not Quilmes will be a great chance to debut, is really a small club in comparisson with Sao Paulo..

On topic, goo if that means Palacio, Lux, and some others have a another chance to gain at least REAL consideration for the NT, is ther any player you want to have the same consideration for yours?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
JCamilo said:
Dininho is in Japan, but Roger ? The Eternal promess for years and that just returned from nothing to nothing ?
Hey, it's not like I invested a long time elaborating that line-up. :D

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
So, You are just Like Parreira, Not taking much time for the calls; :tongue:

Fangio:

I do not know if it is bullshit (That must be Bordon or Liternit area), I remember a few games of Sao Paulo in Argentina and I think they lost both of 1 x 0, One Against Velez and the other in 1992...
I think with Robinho at least in the lists things are settled so far. Here now, perhaps Cicinho and Mineiro (although you will think, Mineiro ?)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Considering São Caetano has been the most consistently strong team in Brazil - along with Santos, São Paulo and Atlético Paranaense - over the last 4 years, will a lot of their players be called up or will they be ignored in favor of those on those three more traditional teams?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, Sao Paulo played 7x against argetinian tema sand never scored a goal when playing AWAY. It doesn't mean that he was eliminated everytime. In fact he was eliminated just once (94).... And in other competitions, Sao Paulo's history against argetinian teams is very positive.

Time TO BREAK this "tabu" hehe

·
Registered
181 Posts
By the way, my brasilian team would be something like:

--------------------Rogerio Ceni---------------
Cicinho-------Anderson------Edu Dracena----Leo-
-------------------Mineiro---------------------
----------------------Josue--------------------
--------------------Roger----------------------
--------Grafite----------------Robinho----------
--------------------Fred-----------------------

Others:

Marcos
Magrão
Pedrinho (the 3 of Palmeiras)

Alex Dias (Vasco)
Deivid (Santos)
Marcinho (São Caetano)
Fabão (São Paulo)
Junior (São Paulo)
Gabriel (Fluminense)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Gustavo76 said:
Yeah, Sao Paulo played 7x against argetinian tema sand never scored a goal when playing AWAY. It doesn't mean that he was eliminated everytime. In fact he was eliminated just once (94).... And in other competitions, Sao Paulo's history against argetinian teams is very positive.

Time TO BREAK this "tabu" hehe

Yes, these were all São Paulo results in Argentina:

1972 - Independiente 1-0 SP
1974 - Independiente 2-0 SP
1992 - Newell's 1-0 SP
1993 - Newell's 2-0 SP
1994 - Velez 1-0 SP
2004 - Rosario Central 1-0 SP

In 1974 they also lost another match to Independiente, but it was played in Santiago.

As for this friendly it will be interesting to see how home-based players from botth countries will do. I hope Tevez is called up by Pekerman.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts