Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
left out? let me explain

i live in central jersey, and i am NUTS about our Portuguese nat. team. my family living in america is too far for a convenient drive,(at closest being about 35 minutes away) and the majority of my family lives in Portugal. Now, when our games are going in, i feel like i just have to be with the crowd, other portuguese people, and yell and have a good time, yet im confined to a town of people ignorant to soccer or people who think they know soccer but really dont. i cant drive, newark is too far, so im left to watch the games alone at home and hten come here on the boards to chat with you guys. does anyone else know what im talking about, or am i just weird. i want to be with all the rest of those crazy pork chops!

·
Registered
31 Posts
i feel you, i live in DC. although there is alot of crazy chops, they still dont REALLY get together, and if they do, its the older(im 19) generation. These past few games, and even qualifiers, ive been confined to my house, maybe a friend comes over.

Although for friday, ive decided to say Effff it, there is a bar near my house, me and a fello porkie are going to hit it up, maybe there will be people, maybe there wont, but at least we will be in a different enviorment.

untill then...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I Kinda know where your coming from Por2gal !!

I have that feeling when the qualifying is on !! Most people dont give a sh!t !! But after we have qualified -everyones an expert :rolleyes:

But all I say Man , Is go with the flow, Do whatever damn well pleases you !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
actually to tell you the truth man, there are tons of clubs near my house, and me and my family actually likes to whatch the games at home, occasionally freinds or family would like to ome by, and whatch, well have a couple of beers, and its all free. But there is also apart of me that loves going to the bars, watching it because your with a group of people who loves the team, and has different opinoins of them also. so im 50/50

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Move to Toronto.

Plus you get free medical care and no crazy Al-Quaeda types trying to fly planes into buildings.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Tinto said:
Move to Toronto.

Plus you get free medical care and no crazy Al-Quaeda types trying to fly planes into buildings.
That's cause Canada is the entryway for all those Al-Quaeda types into America. ;)

DFP, I feel for you man. But whether you're amongst 10,000 chops or just flying solo, the party and the happiness of the win is still with you. That's all it matters. Plus it'll get better for you.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Tinto is right...move to T.O..

by the way Tinto...i'm told by my friend that there'll be big screen on College for Friday's game....just in case your interested

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Tinto said:
Move to Toronto.

Hey man, that Sh!te ain't funny wether you're a canuck or not. Some of us lost people in that mess you know, so watch it Tinto..

Besides, screw Toronto and their $12 dollars a six pack for beer....They don't have their priorties straight up there....

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Unless your up for a drive down near Sayreville...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you guys can bet that when 2004 comes around, i will be driving down to newark or south river to watch those games!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Hey man, no offense, but the ridicule was aimed at the morons that did that stuff, obviously not at the victims. Read a bit closer...and lighten up.

By the way, most expensive 6 pack up here, (with 5% alcohol) is $10.00, that's about $5.75 U.S. ;)

and you American/Portuguese are always welcome up here, I got lots of family in Hartford.

big screen on College huh? I might be there...unless it's raining. It's closer to work anyway.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
dfport7 said:
you guys can bet that when 2004 comes around, i will be driving down to newark or south river to watch those games!
Screw that. I will be there in Lisboa for that?

Who's comin with me?

Tinto, no worries bro. You seem like a smart cat.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i will be going too, but i will have to stay back here for the first few games, most of them actually(graduating) but hopefully i can get there ASAP and Portugal wont be knocked out yet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts