Xtratime Community banner

American Players Abroad

147K views 7K replies 76 participants last post by  jonny ball 
#1 ·
I have seen similar threads in other forums, and I thought it would be good to have a thread where we could follow the progress of Americans not playing at home. There are quite a few more than I expected, which is good to see.

A great site for following these players and also for the US NT is http://www.yanks-abroad.com/. They do all sorts of articles on the performance of our abroad players and their progress. It is well kept and the articles are fairly well written.

Anyone who wants to discuss our players abroad is welcome here, and we encourage fans of the teams these players are playing for to come here and share their point of view with us.

#5,676 ·

lol mexico are now doing what the US have been doing....calling up talented players before they have established themselves...gomez is a talent and has played for the US NTs....Porto are interested in him. Berhalter may call him up if he goes to fc porto..we will see!

#5,681 ·
we play switzerland( a pretty decent team) this sunday

Aaronson............sargent.............Reyna

......mckennie......................musah

............................Yueill

Robinson.......brooks........Miazga......Dest

.........................Steffen

pulisic is playing for chelsea tomorrow and adams is still nursing an injury so he may not start. It sould be a good game!

#5,683 ·
pulisic wins the champion league...first american ever :eek:

anyway, busio is playing great and his MLS club had rejected 4 million from fiorentina :eek:

busio is finally showing da goods..... Caden clark has 4 goals on the season and he is gonna join fc liezpig this december.

paxton is healthy n playing well. I think they will all go to the gold cup!

#5,684 ·
pulisic........sargent........Reyna

...mckennie...............Lletgett

...............yueill or musah

robinson.......brooks....mckenzie....Dest

....................Steffen

pulisic n steffen are back so they will start on thurs v honduras.

I think robinson is ready to go too. Adams is still out with an injury. Llegett will start cuz he has been producing..

#5,686 ·

busio has been great this yr and he is finally living up to his hype...he may be gone soon!

Busio will most likely be added to the gold cup roster....he is silky smooth midfielder...pirlo passing ability . He is better than Lleget and yueill for sure and is much younger!

so he may be going to serie A ..another yank going to italy!

#5,687 ·

looks like folarin will fight for a striker pos. He got first team mins last yr and had 4 goals so u know...berhalter may call him up if he gets more mins n impress cuz we need strikers!

#5,689 ·
Of course adams is a hot commodity ...U can win trophies with players like him cuz he is an outstanding defender!

And yet that reality has done little to dissuade parties in England from monitoring Adams's situation in the Bundesliga. Arsenal are among the clubs who are seriously interested in the 22-year-old but they are not alone. Indeed CBS Sports understands that several other top-tier Premier League clubs are also showing interest, including teams that are in European competitions, and that some of them are better placed to secure Adams' signature than the Gunners.

latest rumors!!

Hoppe to italy?
Adams to an EPL team? Arsenal?
busio to italy? fioretina?
Dike to the EPL? everton?
robinson to macnhester city?

#5,696 ·

carter vickers is actually a good player but does he have the pace for da epl? In the past he would be starting for the USA. but we now have depth and competition ....u cant just walk into da starting 11 anymore...it aint easy! heck miazga is a bench player n he is a good player for ...........anderlecht ;)

now the newest US kid who is getting a lot of hype is gomez....I think fc porto really want him. MExico called him up recently but he will ultimately play for the US. Berhlater may call him up for the gold cup and cap him!

#5,698 ·
da 2003 group maybe better than this current generation:eek: gomez, che, clark, sealy, ect. just waves of players are coming through.

Aaronson , dest , richards, weah and musah are my players to watchout for next season. Man, if they continue to grow as players...Dest needs to be more consistent ...hes got the talent to be a top player. Richards can be better than brooks:eek: