Xtratime Community banner

4661 - 4680 of 4723 Posts

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts

Gio can be a good one. We know dortmund like him a lot

i am not sure if mendes is good enough for ajax...he has not been a regular first choice for their 2nd team. we will see

Llanez is about to make his debut for wolfsburg soon? we will see!

weah, adams, steffen, n pulisic are out with injuries.....again lol. i think pulisic and adams are closer to return from injuries. Adams has a pulled calf muscle! but hell be back soon! I think weah torn up his right hamstring...he will be out for awhile tho:mad:

with weah and arriola out with injuries...suacedo could get called up in march, I like him, he has been good so far in mexico. Hes got a deadly left leg. pulisic and adams could still get called up if they r healthy enough

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts
Good read.

Bayern wants dest to be their RB
adams is a good player as a DM

pulisic has flaws but if he can fix em...hes still a very nice talent

mckennie has the talent to be with da above players..his ceiling is high. He just needs to be more consistent.
Gio reyna? who can be a stud....he can be a better than pulisic cuz hes got a shot, is more of a team player and is bigger too. we will see!

Tier 1 – The Stars
These guys are the players that would be starters on nearly any national team. They are performing well for clubs in one of the Top 5 leagues and are undroppable for Berhalter. (No particular order)
  • Christian Pulisic
  • Tyler Adams
  • Sergino Dest
Where’s Weston McKennie? – is the question I imagine many are yelling at your phones right now. He (or John Brooks or maaayyyybe Gio?) are the closest to joining the stars, but his utility role and lack of consistent performances prevents him from joining those three imo.
Tier 2 – Good Starters
Players that are playing well in a first team, professional environment. If you put these guys in a USMNT lineup you are confident that they will play well and not be an area the opponent would target. (This list is in order from best to worst as I see it right now btw)
  • Weston McKennie (nearly a star)
  • John Brooks (needs to stay healthy and get back in the starting lineup)
  • Duane Holmes (possibly upwardly mobile)
  • Zack Steffen (he’s a keeper)
  • Jozy Altidore (a healthy Altidore would really help the US)
  • Reggie Cannon (a good European move could push him up a tier)
  • Jordan Morris (Gregg’s system isn’t his best fit)
  • Tim Ream (the LCB version not the left back version)
  • Aaron Long (passing limits his upside)
  • Matt Miazga (pretty good player – looks like he may have hit his ceiling though)
  • Fabian Johnson (I think he’d be a good fit at left or right back but tbh I don’t think we’ll see him with the NT again)
  • Sebastian Lletget (I’m not a huge fan, but he’s fine for now)
  • Jackson Yueill (not sure there’s a ton of potential here, not confident in that assessment though)
  • Michael Bradley (he may not be here anymore, almost put him in the “Meh” tier, but I’m not sure about that yet)
  • DeAndre Yedlin (begrudgingly)
Tier 3 – I’m Coming for You
The young guys to the current starters after the Olympics
This is the exciting tier for me. When the Olympics are over the U23 players are no longer going to have separate camps or that team to aim for. They are going to be coming for a full national team spot and at least some of them are going to get it. Jordan Morris is a fine player, but would you bet on him keeping his spot if some of these guys below are the ones coming for it? (No real order to these names)
  • Gio Reyna (he might already be beyond this tier, but I’ll leave him here for now)
  • Tim Weah (those moments of magic at the U20 World Cup have me hopeful)
  • Uly Llanez (you watched the last friendly, right?)
  • Paxton Pomykal (please don’t turn into another injury prone dude)
  • Jesus Ferreira (I’m probably unreasonably excited to see Ferreira with the NT again)
  • Richie Ledezma (ready to break into PSV any weekend now)
  • Miles Robinson (Miles is the next evolution of Aaron Long)
  • Antonee Robinson (there’s some pretty good teams that see something in this guy)
  • Brenden Aaronson (not sure his ceiling is as high as some of these guys, but who knows how development is going to go)

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts
Gio is a special player by USMNT measures, this much is obvious after his minutes today. His velvety touch, confidence, and seemingly high soccer IQ (sounds like his pops, yeah?) are always a needed commodity on a US squad. I'm just happy as hell for the kid and his family, they have a had a rough go of it (his bro passed away a while back).

is gio the new golden boy for the US? I thought pulisic was dat guy for the US ? or was it Dest? we have more talent coming!...Dude is barely 17 yrs old and is doing very well v men...its quite amazing...hopefully he continues to progress

dest is only 19 and could become a starter for bayern next season! amazing times for u yanks!

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts
gio can actually play for england, he was born there. His parents are americans/portuguese. His father is, of course, claudio reyna. How far will this kid go? who knows. Hes in a great program at dortmund so that helps. He is a BIG kid already who can shoot. Pulisic doesnt have a shot on him..maybe he can fix it and he is small...gio is playing better than him when pulisic was 17. :eek:

"Argentina is going to invite Geo if the USA doesn't"

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts
Llanez(wolfsburg) can be a player for us. Ledzema(psv) can be a good player too. Lets hope they get first team mins!

to compete against the world...we need more talent. I think we r producing a decent amount right now. We have enough talent to be respectable right now and we also have players who are good ass dribblers...We rarely had good dribblers. Adu was a good dribbler, nvm:D This new generation is gonna bring some sauce like dest...ahhh, dude has flair!

However, we ARE NOT producing centerbacks or keepers....we only have good offensive players coming up :eek: maybe owen(wolvesa) can be a good centerback for US!

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts

ledezma has been training with PSV first team for awhile and gloster too. Gloster is a LB. I really like him. Ledzema ...dude is fast and smooth.

We could have 2 americans playing for PSV first team real soon:eek:

that sucks for holmes...if ledzema gets spromoted and paxton does well in march...holmes may not make our squad and hes a good player. He has been derby countys best player so far.

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts

The number of injured players in the USMNT and U-23 pool is growing to alarming levels.

• Duane Holmes
  • Tyler Adams
  • Christian Pulisic
  • Paul Arriola
  • Zack Steffen
  • Tim Weah
  • Paxton Pomykal
  • Jonathan Amon
  • Miles Robinson
  • Antonee Robinson
  • Sebastian Soto
  • Bradon Servania
hmmm, this sucks, we cant even put out a team:howler: Dortmund wont release gio for olympic qualifiers cuz him and haaland are their golden boys.

The sky is the limit for Reyna who will almost certainly be called up to the U.S. national team in March (unless there is some sort of deal worked out where he would play with the U-23 team for Olympic qualifying in a few weeks). But Dortmund seem to have him on an elite path where he will get the chance to develop with Haaland – who will take some of the spotlight and pressure off Reyna.
The opportunities he will continue to see this year for Dortmund are exciting and are very similar to what Christian Pulisic experienced just a few years ago.

adams, pulisic and paxton should be healthy by next weekend?

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts
start him! Dest and Reyna could be da US golden boyz! Hope he continues to progress....pulisic, reyna, weah, dest, adams, mckennie and maybe Ledzema, Llanez, and gloster. I mean thats a good ass core of young talented players!

·
We will ROCK u
6,663 Posts
pulisic.............Morris...........Reyna
.........adams.............Holmes
.....................mckennie
chandler.......brooks......long.......dest
....................Steffen

thats a good, good starting 11 if they can play together. I like morris, He has been our best player last yr.

hey, we might actually have a good bench!:eek:
Bench: Ledzema(psv), gloser(PSV), Paxton, Bradley, yedlin(newscastle), robinson(wigan), jozy, morales(fortuna), Llanez(wolfsburg), owen(wolves), weah(lille)

this yrs qualifiers is gonna be fun to watch!

4661 - 4680 of 4723 Posts