Xtratime Community banner

4441 - 4460 of 4501 Posts

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts
Not only I was wrong about him (purely because I did not watch his Dortmund performances), but I actually thought he was supposed to be a right winger and nothing more, I was absolutely sure he was bought for that position only.

He looks so damn good on the left and frankly for me the way he drives forward and glides past players he seems to be the closest player to Eden Hazard in European football atm. Sure Eden is a different type of animal, but there is shades of him in this guy and I feel he's more driven to score goals than Eden is.

Now, I am getting on the Pulisic hype train. His close dribbling is insane and he did not play that well when he played for BVB last Season

I didn't expect him to hit this form so quickly as earlier in the season I thought he looked pretty poor and out of his depth and therefore it would take a lot longer to adapt.

We all know Favre didn't fancy Pulisic and it also didn't help that he had little, niggling injuries. Hard to build up any sort of form/consistency when you're in and out of the team. He did finish the season strongly once he recovered and was put back into the team.

What is most pleasing for me is his two goals yesterday and against Watford. He seems an intelligent and willing runner into the box to get on the end of things, very much how the likes of Mane, Sterling, etc get a lot of their goals. As he continues to improve and gain confidence he could become a very productive and important source of goals for us.

some of the chelsea fans....i also have criticized pulisic...hey, i will gladly eat crow:)

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts
Llanez(wolfsburg), ricards(bayern) and ledzema (PSV)are close in getting promoted....we will see if some of them get promoted after the winter break?

Weah(lille) and adams(Leizpig) are getting back

The potential of this generation is BIG. Lets get them healthy so we can kick some bootay! Pulisic is already flying high!

dest is taking no shit!

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts
Richards could possibly get promoted at bayern. They like him a lot...hes been getting alot of training with bayern first team.

Llanez is avery productive player...can shoot from anywhere!

Booth is a fantastic midfielder...some bayern fans think he has more upside than richards.....but injury has hampered his development ...hes healthy now so we have to see if he makes the jump at bayern.

scally is really good prospect when he was healthy.

Gio reyna has been training a lot with dortmund first team...they like him a lot. I wont be surprised if he gets promoted this season...i think they need some competition for sancho(hes not been in form)

ledzema and mendez could also make it...ledzema has already been seen sitting on the bench for PSV first team...dest made it at ajax...will mendez make it too?

lets see what happens to them!!??

https://twitter.com/outspokenusmnt/status/1194281519118004224

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts
cool!

Who is the best goalkeeper in Germany? Manuel Neuer, Zack Steffen, Yann Sommer or Alexander Nübel?

One of the pretenders for Neuer’s crown comes from an unlikely source: Düsseldorf. While Steffen may not have overtaken the Bayern captain just yet, there are signs that he is on the right track.

For starters, there is the USA No.1’s stunning Bundesliga debut on Matchday 1, when he made 10 saves – more than any other goalkeeper has managed in a single game this season – to help Düsseldorf to a 3-1 victory away to Werder Bremen. So impressive was Steffen’s display that he drew praise from Bremen head coach Florian Kohfeldt, who lamented his side being "up against a brilliant goalkeeper today".

It was no one-off either. After 11 rounds of matches in 2019/20, Steffen has saved a greater percentage of shots than Neuer (69.4 per cent to 66.7 percent) and also foiled more clear-cut chances (35.3 per cent compared to 14.3 per cent) than him. Indeed, in the latter measure, he is better than anyone else on this list (Nübel: 33.3 per cent; Sommer 28.6 per cent)

Still not convinced? Well, Steffen also kept out the only penalty he has faced this term, he has the second-most saves in the division after Matchday 11 (tied with Sommer on 43) and has kept two clean sheets. For context, Neuer, Nübel and Sommer each have three shut-outs, but they all play for teams expected to be competing for European places, whereas Düsseldorf’s primary aim is to avoid relegation.

As such, it is no wonder Fortuna considered it a major coup when they secured Steffen’s signature on loan from Manchester City over the summer. "Zack’s a modern goalkeeper who has everything," said club sporting director Lutz Pfannenstiel, himself a former professional goalkeeper. “He's technically good, strong in one-on-ones and a great footballer. It's no coincidence that Manchester City have decided to give him a long-term contract."

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts
weah and adams are coming back...great news! i would like to see a full strength of the US squad....with adams, sergino, pulisic, mckennie, brooks, steffen , jozy, argent, weah and yedlin

pulisic..........jozy(sargent)..........weah(morris)
............mckennie.........bradley
.........................adams
dest........brooks........long..........yedlin
..........................steffen

dthis team has potential be good..

·
We will ROCK u
6,379 Posts
gio reyna will prolly get promoted this winter?? some say he can be a bit better than pulisic...hes got more size too

There are high hopes for Gio Reyna—son of former United States internationals Claudio Reyna and Danielle Egan Reyna—who joined Dortmund from New York City in July. In an example of the careful manner with which Dortmund ease their young players into first-team action, the 17-year-old attacking midfielder has been playing with the club's under-19s while he adapts to his new surroundings (and attempts to get to grips with the language) but is due to be promoted to the senior squad for their winter training camp in Marbella.

4441 - 4460 of 4501 Posts