Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massimo Ambrosini:

I'm thrilled to have scored 2 headers yesterday :star: As lately we've conceeded a number of them, I think it's an asset to the team to be able to score threw them :shades: This season, for one reason or another, I've always failed, like in the golden opportunity in the Derby :nervous: It's not the firt time I'm fielded in front of our defence, fair to say that I'm not Pirlo :star: he's unique, always consitant at the highest level, but when called upon, I always try to give my best :star: but for the Livorno match, where we all failed, when fielded, both in Campionato as in CL, we've always won :star:

Grande Mr Humble Ambro :star:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,435 Posts
He almost had a hat-trick yesterday.:D

Ambro is certainly a good backup midfielder, as he can replace Pirlo, Gattuso and even Seedorf/Dhorasoo if needed. I hope he stays with us, even though I wouldn't blame him if he moves forward to find a regular first team football.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy Christ said:
He almost had a hat-trick yesterday.:D

Ambro is certainly a good backup midfielder, as he can replace Pirlo, Gattuso and even Seedorf/Dhorasoo if needed. I hope he stays with us, even though I wouldn't blame him if he moves forward to find a regular first team football.
In certain matches, IMHO, Ambro can even be more valuable than the regular starters :stuckup:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,435 Posts
Diavolo said:
In certain matches, IMHO, Ambro can even be more valuable than the regular starters :stuckup:
Yes, i quess he certainly has more motivation than our regular starters in a low-importance matches like yesterday's.

Actually, IMO the main reason why he doesn't belong to our regular starting eleven is that he is one of those midfielders who does everything well, but nothing great, e.g. he's too allround midfielder. He is not as good as Gattuso when it comes to ballwinning and pressing, he doesn't have the playmaking qualities of Pirlo, he is not as good in going forward as Seedorf. At the same time he is a more complete central midfielder than any of them. I quess our current system in midfield doesn't suit well to a versatile players like him, but more to a midfielders who have certain very strong areas.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy Christ said:
Yes, i quess he certainly has more motivation than our regular starters in a low-importance matches like yesterday's.

Actually, IMO the main reason why he doesn't belong to our regular starting eleven is that he is one of those midfielders who does everything well, but nothing great, e.g. he's too allround midfielder. He is not as good as Gattuso when it comes to ballwinning and pressing, he doesn't have the playmaking qualities of Pirlo, he is not as good in going forward as Seedorf. At the same time he is a more complete central midfielder than any of them. I quess our current system in midfield doesn't suit well to a versatile players like him, but more to a midfielders who have certain very strong areas.
In one thing he exceels though. Headers :stuckup:
It's not the first time he scores vital goals. Lazio vs Milan last season was decided by him :shades: As said, in certain games, he could be a better option than all our aother midfieders :stuckup:

His fantastic goal vs Lazio last season :shades:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Ambro works best when we have to defend or when we otherwise have offensive players on, with Gattuso he is a bad choice. While he makes us better on dead ball situations and puts in some crosses he slows up our play and distributes the ball much worse than Pirlo, he is a alternative to Pirlo, surerly not a replacement.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
It's not the first time he scores vital goals. Lazio vs Milan last season was decided by him :shades: As said, in certain games, he could be a better option than all our aother midfieders :stuckup:

It is very true. Ambrosini is the best aerial ability player in our squad. His most important header IMO was the flick-on for Pippo/Tommo to score the winner vs. Ajax in the San Siro. He did extremely well to outjump the Ajax defender from that LONG BALL (something that Milan is weak at) from Maldini to direct it beautifully for Pippo to take advantage of that situation. That is his most precious header ever! A big part of Number 6 is owed to him. :star:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Is he better at heading than Sheva?
I think in some occasions, like high headers he is, and he is almost just as accurate
I recall his header goal against Juve a while ago, and then Juventus came back from 0-2 and tied it in the 91st minute with trezegol, what a bastard...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Diavolo said:

this would be the best goal he ever scored. and the most important one as well. :thmbup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
A player I've always admired i hope he stays at Milan because I value him so much.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yeeh, his goal at "Olimpico" last season was great... but f.e. at Livorno he performed very bad game...

IMO, we need him only to protect our victory in some matches...

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I wouldn't say he is a better header than Shevchenko, IMO Sheva is one of the best in the world. Pippo ain't bad either. But Ambrosini is very handy in the air.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Max demonstrated his aerial threats again today, he had a goalbound header cleared off the line by Zagorakis :boxing:

I think it's inevitable that we need Ambro for setpieces now that we had problems scoring goals from open play in the last few games :sigh:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Genio ... you are right that we need Ambro for set-pieces but we can't afford to start him with Rino. That makes it a classless midfield.

We need to do something about this set-piece situation. We are the worst in the world at it unfortunately.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Massimo Ambrosini ha dato la scossa nella ripresa contro l`Atalanta. Il centrocampista ha segnato la rete del momentaneo 1-0. "Sono felice per il gol, anche se avrei potuto farne tre - ha spiegato a fine gara - Io ci tenevo ancora una volta a dimostrare di poter essere decisivo per questa squadra, spero di esserci riuscito" .

"I'm happy for the goal, I could have scored 3" "I wanted to show that I can be important for this team, I just hope I managed" :shades:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
One header, also indirectly assisted the second one by heading it to the penalty box. :proud: Ambro! :proud:

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
He deserves to play much more than he does

1 - 20 of 66 Posts