Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amauri gains Italian citizenship

TURIN, Italy (AP) -Brazilian-born Juventus forward Amauri has become an Italian citizen, possibly paving the way for him to join Italy's World Cup squad.

Having decided more than a year ago to become an Italian, Amauri finally got his legal documentation in place and was sworn in Monday.

Afterward, he said that if the opportunity arises to join Italy's national team, "I'll be the happiest man in the world.''

The 29-year-old forward has struggled somewhat this season, scoring only five goals in Serie A. He scored a total of 27 goals over the past two seasons.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Amauri gains Italian citizenship

TURIN, Italy (AP) -Brazilian-born Juventus forward Amauri has become an Italian citizen, possibly paving the way for him to join Italy's World Cup squad.

Having decided more than a year ago to become an Italian, Amauri finally got his legal documentation in place and was sworn in Monday.

Afterward, he said that if the opportunity arises to join Italy's national team, "I'll be the happiest man in the world.''

The 29-year-old forward has struggled somewhat this season, scoring only five goals in Serie A. He scored a total of 27 goals over the past two seasons.
good to know, men. thanks.

·
Administrator
52,179 Posts
Lol he is getting italian passport after being there for a decade , doesnt mean more then that.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Lol he is getting italian passport after being there for a decade , doesnt mean more then that.
It shouldn't mean more than that, but the repeated references to a hypothetical Azzurri call-up are kinda sad. Like finding out that someone you know has been reduced to looking for meals in garbage bins.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
If Lippi calls him (most likely reason being he plays for Juve) then I will be very mad :palm:

·
Registered
590 Posts
GL to him..

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
OBaixinho- youre always hilarious :howler: !
best of luck to the guy... I hope he does well and fails against the nation that taught him how to play ball. That would be the best for everyone :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts