Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here the fixtures of the Dutch amateur Cup 2008;

Participants are the winners of the regional cups. (in brackets level the play at)
Noord: Hoogeveen (4)
Oost: Achilles'29 (3)
West I: Ajax amateurs (3)
West II: Rijnsburgse Boys (3)
Zuid I: GVV Unitas (4)
Zuid II: Gemert (3)

Only two clubs with a good support, as far as I know. Would be really amazing if Glanerbrug edge it, but they already qualified for the real Cup next season, so probably they don't really care if they win the regional cup.

Draw;

Quarter finals;
Saturday May 31st
A - Gemert - Hoogeveen
B - Unitas - Achilles'29

Semi-finals;
Saturday June 7th
C - Winner B - Ajax amateurs
D - Winner A - Rijnsburgse Boys

Final;
Saturday June 14th
Winner C - Winner D

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Achilles has beaten Glanerbrug, very well done by them as they're also still in the race for the overall amateur championship.

Because their win they've got to play in two competitions, the overall amateur championship and the amateur cup 2008.

Next opponent waiting is Hollandia, probably Achilles will be very tired so I can't see them win in Hoorn, but you never know... at least their cup quarter final versus Unitas is replaced at wednesday june 4th.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Does this mean an 8th division team is playing the KNVB Beker next season? Bring on Glanerburg-PSV then :party: You cannot go wrong with a fixture like that: either the amateurs cause the upset of a lifetime, or either it's goals festival...

What are the criteria for KNVB Beker participation? I thought the spots were mainly distributed to teams doing well in the Amateur Hoofdklasse?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this mean an 8th division team is playing the KNVB Beker next season? Bring on Glanerburg-PSV then :party: You cannot go wrong with a fixture like that: either the amateurs cause the upset of a lifetime, or either it's goals festival...
Well last season Ajax struggled in Werkendam versus Kozakken Boys :D.

However, all amateur teams first meet in the first round so only half of them will have the chance to draw a Eredivisie club.
There's a huge chance Glanerbrug get knocked out very early, except if they draw Xerxes or something like that :D.

Never say never...

Coincidentically I went to Glanerbrug this season in pre-season, Athletic played there, when you drive from Enschede to the border, about the last thing you see is the pitch of VV Glanerbrug :D.

What are the criteria for KNVB Beker participation? I thought the spots were mainly distributed to teams doing well in the Amateur Hoofdklasse?
Did my best to explain it here. :)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quarter finals;
Saturday May 31st
A - Gemert - Hoogeveen 2-0
Wednesday June 4th
B - Unitas - Achilles'29 1-6

Semi-finals;
Saturday June 7th
D - Gemert - Rijnsburgse Boys
Tuesday June 11th
C - Achilles'29 - Ajax amateurs

Final;
Saturday June 14th
Winner C - Winner D

So Achilles and Gemert reached the semi-finals.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rijnsburg have beaten Gemert and reached the finals. :thumbsup:

Quarter finals;
Saturday May 31st
Wednesday June 4th

Semi-finals;
Saturday June 7th
D - Gemert - Rijnsburgse Boys 0-2
Tuesday June 11th
C - Achilles'29 - Ajax amateurs

Final;
Saturday June 14th
Winner C - Rijnsburgse Boys

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Achilles have beaten Ajax amateurs and will play the final on Saturday versus Rijnsburgse Boys.
The match will be played in Rijnsburg, who'll have home advantage...

Quarter finals;
Saturday May 31st
Wednesday June 4th

Semi-finals;
Saturday June 7th
D - Gemert - Rijnsburgse Boys 0-2
Tuesday June 11th
C - Achilles'29 - Ajax amateurs 2-0

Final;
Saturday June 14th
Achilles'29 - Rijnsburgse Boys

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rijnsburgse Boys have beaten Achilles (2-0) and are this seasons Amateur Cup winners, congratulations!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts