Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....still has faith with Madrid?

We aren't as bad as people makes it out to be.

Let me refresh everybody's mind:

La Liga: Played 12: Won 7. Drawn 1. Lost 4.

Europe: Deserved to beat Leverkusen last night, but at least our destiny is in our own hands as a win against hopeless-Roma guarantees passage to the knock-out phase.

People act like we are out of the CL and trail Barcelona by 20 points, it isn't like that at all.

The attitude at the start of the season was poor, but we have generally played well since beating Valencia 1-0 late October. The performance at the Nou Camp was disappointing, but we've only won once in Barcelona for the last 21 years. What did you expect? I understand we should have put up a much harder fight, but sometimes there isn't a lot you can do about tradition either.

I am confident Woodgate will finally make his debut against Zaragoza in January, and provided he doesn't get injured again he will certainly make us far more stable at the back. I watch a lot of US sports and the Cleveland Clinic Foundation has healed a lot of athletes with similar muscular problems. If his latest comeback attempt fails- sell him. It's as simple as that.

Robinho will also arrive in January according to all the sources, and from what I've seen of him at Santos he is one hell of a player. Are we finally going to have the balls to drop Beckham and rotate between Solari and Robinho on the left?

Barcelona look great right now, but I doubt their squad can keep that kind of consistency (both physically and mentally) right until the end of the season. They are also suffering a lot with injuries. Larsson has now become the fourth player they have lost for more than 20 weeks. I am not knocking them, I do believe they have been the best team in Europe so far this season- but will they have enough left in the tank when the going gets tough in March/April...including that trip to the Bernabeu?

As for our own problems: We are not rotating as much as I would like. Why do Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham and Raul have to play every game? One of the reasons we collapsed last season the way we did is because we had no squad to rotate. And now that we do have the squad, we aren't rotating anyway! The whole thing is incredible. I would like to see Owen, Solari and Morientes start against Levante this weekend, with Ronaldo, Raul and Beckham all taking to the bench. Morientes and Solari are two of the best players at Real Madrid, and they get less minutes than everybody else. We complain about dropping points whenever we do, but the truth is that if we were a little smarter with selecting our first team (i.e dropping players like Beckham and Raul when they are off-form and playing Solari and Morientes) then we would be at least level with Barcelona at the top of the league right now. The one thing that is killing us more than anything else is that Ramon doesn't have the balls to drop anybody who is performing below-par because of Perez. Or Adidas.

Anyways, when push comes to shove from February-May, I still expect Madrid to come out on top in the league because we have more talent. Sure, Barcelona's 7-point cushion at the moment is sweet, but don't forget we had an 8-point cushion in March, let alone November - and still blew it. :D

Our forthcoming fixtures before the Winter break:

vs Levante.
@ Villareal.
vs Real Sociedad.
@ Racing.
vs Sevilla.

Against Sevilla right before Christmas it will be a very tricky game but at least it is at the Bernabeu so I expect 15 points to close out the first part of the season.

With Robinho (likely) and Woodgate (less likely) to feature for Madrid in the second half of the season, who knows what could happen?

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Dude, you're not the only one, Count me in, because, I’ve been trying to exhume optimism, devotion and ‘never say die’ allegiance to this undisputedly distinguished club. I like your positivity Ronaldo9, you are a true ‘Madridista’, never underestimates or undervalues the sleeping (Yes it is sleeping, my friends, lethargically affected by an atrociously sickening lullaby to say the least) giants destructive powers when awaken, we just have to be patient and it'll be fine and things will get back to normal, and let me add this, when Madrid hits a momentum of success and consequentially wins a title or two (and I am being optimistic here), those who suddenly change their pessimistic derision and criticisms towards the team and then detours to optimism, are not Madridstas but are fans who have been sucking the thumb of triumph and glory far too long to realise the wrinkle (which is inevitable).

El Mariachi Says: “Hala Madrid!”

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I´d say the players are less than half the problem, with the current coaching you can get the best players and RM will still struggle. Unless the more fit players start and the coach organizes who covers who RM will play like 11 individuals.

As much certain players seems washed I doubt they would not improve with a proper coach, someone with personality.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Also as much as I think Robinho is more of a team player today, Figo still is way ahead of him and he is well adapted to La Liga. So don´t expect Robinho to make a miracle, the team will still play the same way with the current coach.

You guys would be better off hiring a brasilian coach such as Luxemburgo than Robinho.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Liternit said:
You guys would be better off hiring a brasilian coach such as Luxemburgo than Robinho.
Yes Luxemburgo would be the solution for RM!!! I think that Felipão would be awsome too....

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coach? There is only one availabe man that I want: Otmar Hitzfeld. The guy is a great coach with a proven track record and his sides are always organised and well disciplined. If those two elements even existed in Madrid this season we would be a lot better...

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Ronaldo9,

You're setting yourself up for a big fall. The way I know it. Real's high standards mean that a trophyless season is not satisfying enough which is correct for a big club. I didn't see Real winning anything last season and I don't see them winning anything this season. My reasons are well documented in past posts regarding this matter and I don't have a habit of just insinuating stuff without thinking over the matter from various angles.

Seeing the numerous Barcelona avatars in this forum should be enlightening enough for the smart people. Review the PRE-MATCH Classico thread(s) in the Real, Barcelona and World Football forums to have an idea of who is closer to reality. You're not one of them. ;)

Here is the shortest description of your club's problems in a nutshell:

Zidane, Beckham, Raul, Figo, Carlos, Salgado, Garcia-Remon & Perez. Only Raul and Beckham have the potential to improve their current form. The rest are going swiftly on a one way trip to retirement city. I have a saying in my country which translated into English means that a hint is enough for a bright person.

Real will do well to make the top 3 in La Liga and Quarters of the UCL which will be pretty hard. A sting in the tail is quite possible with Roma doing the unthinkable.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
quickest way to rectify the season is bring in two DM's in the window revert to a 4-3-2-1 and go solid and just let Figo, Ronaldo and Zidane try to nick a goal here and there to get you some wins, go for the defensive route so you can play more fit and defensive players. :)

would the fans accept this ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Haroon said:
Ronaldo9,

1. You're setting yourself up for a big fall. The way I know it. Real's high standards mean that a trophyless season is not satisfying enough which is correct for a big club. I didn't see Real winning anything last season and I don't see them winning anything this season.

2. Seeing the numerous Barcelona avatars in this forum should be enlightening enough for the smart people. Review the PRE-MATCH Classico thread(s) in the Real, Barcelona and World Football forums to have an idea of who is closer to reality. You're not one of them. ;)

3. Real will do well to make the top 3 in La Liga and Quarters of the UCL which will be pretty hard. A sting in the tail is quite possible with Roma doing the unthinkable.
1. You don't see Madrid winning anything this season? That is fine by all accounts with me Haroon. I respect your opinion- you will actually be proved wrong - but I respect you anyway!

2. I don't think I need tips on a reality check coming from somebody who thinks Milan are actually entertaining in Europe (hey AC, it wouldn't hurt trying to cross the half-way line every now and again...) but thanks for the "hint".

3. Really? And there was me thinking we will win our 30th league title, which we will. There is no doubt about that in my mind. I don't know about you Haroon, but there is no way that a team with (on form or off-form, I couldn't care less) Casillas, Carlos, Samuel, Helguera, Solari, Beckham, Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Raul, Owen, Morientes and more than likely Robinho- can finish a season trophyless. Sure, something similar happened last season- but that was because we were leaking far too many goals at the back. This season, we actually have one of the best defensive records in Europe domestically.

As for Roma doing the "unthinkable", I think there is a better chance of Haroon posting something that isn't anti-Madrid or arrogant.

Dumbass.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
ronaldo9Robinho will also arrive in January according to all the sources said:
hell[/B] of a player. Are we finally going to have the balls to drop Beckham and rotate between Solari and Robinho on the left?
Yes, a striker is just what you need to turn things around. Maybe you should swap him with Samuel, he is teh suck. :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robinho is not a striker, he mostly plays on the left wing.

With Zidane in terminal decline, I think securing Robinho is actually a smart move....

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
ronaldo9 said:
Robinho is not a striker, he mostly plays on the left wing.

With Zidane in terminal decline, I think securing Robinho is actually a smart move....
you maybe correct about that, I only seen very little of him.

Anyway, he would come into a squad in disunity and have immense pressure on him, hardly a ideal enviroment for a young player to succed. and that is if he acutally would get to play, as I said, I don't think Remon actually have that much word in player selections.

I must agree with Haroon and some us here will have really fun with this thread at the end of the season (or several matches before that if I am correct).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only person who will be having fun with this thread come May will be me...as I am predicting the title to return to the Bernabeu right now.

Well, pretty much guarantee-ing it, actually. I don't care how crazy it sounds right now, sooner or later we will put a huge winning-streak together (we've already won 4 out of our last 5 games) and take over first place. I have a lot of faith in this team.

Talk to me in May.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I don't think you'll EVER be as successful as you think ronaldo9 as long as Perez continues with his habit of seperating the players.

How CAN there be any moral in the squad as long as Perez makes it BLATANTLY clear that if you aren't a Raul type or a Zidane type, you don't matter? It's all well and good him spouting his "Zidanes and Pavons" thing, but not every player falls into those categories. Guys like Guti, Morientes, Solari. Decent players, internationals, are being told that they simply don't matter as much as the Beckhams and Figos, regardless of the form of the players. It can't be good for the squad moral to have a small group of players who effectively control the first team regardless of form, and have a larger group of players effectively being told they won't play, they won't become first teamers because they don't sell shirts, something they can't do anything about if THEY DON'T PLAY.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know why you have addressed that to me, as I said the exact same thing on the previous page!

I agree with you!

But I still think we have a shot at some silverware this season, just too damn talented to be written off.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
ronaldo9 your last 4 wins have been against an out of sorts Valencia at home (but they still made you sweat for the win and should have walked away with a point atleast), a pitiful Getafe side, a Albacete side which is prime relegation material and a Malaga side which never recovered from losing Dario Silva and Dely Valdes two seasons ago.

The consequent CL games was a scrappy 1-0 win against Dynamo at home that precededed Dynamo Kiev 2-2 away and the Leverkusen draw yesterday.

The corresponding Copa games were the two wins, the first one against that 2nd division which was more or less expected and a hard fought win against Tenerife following two brilliant free-kicks.

Still cause to be optimistic ? Go figure !!

P.S.
I would recommend you not to take Levante too seriously as well by the way. Theyre what 2 points behind Im guessing and 3rd/4th in the league.

·
Registered
346 Posts
ronaldo9 said:
The only person who will be having fun with this thread come May will be me...as I am predicting the title to return to the Bernabeu right now.

Well, pretty much guarantee-ing it, actually. I don't care how crazy it sounds right now, sooner or later we will put a huge winning-streak together (we've already won 4 out of our last 5 games) and take over first place. I have a lot of faith in this team.

Talk to me in May.
Two questions for you, just by interest - not at all to be rude:

1. Ok, you have won 4 out of 5. But, except for the Albacete (whose defence sucked!) game, do you seriously think that your team has showed anything well enough to be champions?

2. Do you really think Real can be better than Barcelona THIS SEASON, after what you have seen so far and especially last saturday? Remember, Real Madrid hasn´t played well since March! It´s not just this season.

But for me, please continue to be unrealistic - it´s fun to read!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So what if Madrid have beaten smaller sides? That's what champions do. I know that we haven't seen vintage Madrid since March, but guess what? We are still winning- that's what Champions do. They even when they don't play well.

I find it funny how Barcelona fans can accuse Madrid of only doing well agianst the smaller teams.

Who have Barca beaten that is so great, huh?

Is it a coincidence that the top three teams you have played this season (Bilbao- draw, Atletico Madrid- draw, Betis-lost) are the games where you have dropped your points?

What hypocrites!

Beating Madrid 3-0 with "that" defense is nothing to boast about, neither is beating a Deportivo side that is out of ideas at the moment.

The arguement works both ways, but I guess many Barca fans don't think before they speak. :howler:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts