Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i the only one who is worried about Brazil in the upcoming world cup with CAP as the coach?
I mean since he took over, Brazil hasn't played anywhere near its potential. We have great player, but they're not being utilized in the right way, and some of them, not at all. It's more than obvious that his choice of formation is not working. CAP is too conservative. He seems clueless (blind) when a game is in progress. Anybody else feels that brazil will crash and burn in the WC with this coach?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Nah, I'm not worried at all. Personally I would prefer a 3-5-2 system, which IMO would be more fitting for our wingbacks; but overall I think Parreira's work is progressing at an acceptable rate. ;)

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
For a reason I have named CAP " the shephard of the holy cows"

And it is not a consolation to say that "only Argentina is better" it is one too many"

·
Registered
933 Posts
LUZ13 said:
For a reason I have named CAP " the shephard of the holy cows"

And it is not a consolation to say that "only Argentina is better" it is one too many"

I don't think Argentina is better than Brazil. But they are in my opinion the one that can prevent us from winning the WC (apart of some random surprising result which can always happen in football).

I don't fear the European teams. Nowadays they are (in general) a shadow of what they were in the 1990s.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I meant: Argentina is better lately, comparing with a year ago. Not better than Brazil

And if some NT argies are going to play in Brazil they may even improve (cinical smile and a sigh)

To lose the Mundial to the Argies would be the worst nightmare, but of course it is not going to happen .

·
Registered
933 Posts
LUZ13 said:
I meant: Argentina is better lately, comparing with a year ago. Not better than Brazil

And if some NT argies are going to play in Brazil they may even improve (cinical smile and a sigh)

To lose the Mundial to the Argies would be the worst nightmare, but of course it is not going to happen .

Sorry I misunderstood you in the other post.

Yes, Argentina is better now than a year or two ago.

Pekerman is going to be great for them in the near future.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Overall, you guys are comfortable with CAP as the coach?

·
Registered
933 Posts
PrimeTime said:
Overall, you guys are comfortable with CAP as the coach?

I am because the only better choice is Scolari (who is managing Portugal).

We have other good coaches but they lack international experience.

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
I do not like Parreira at all. He had two years, have not showed any progress except the development of the list of lame excuses.
In Europe the european teams are favorites, he refuse is unable to work outside a tatical and flawed ,for the players we have, system...

·
Registered
798 Posts
The biggest problema is one of complacency. We need shaking up. Certain players need to be dropped so they are reminded of the privilege of waring the camisa. It is in danger of becoming a cosy club. Somewhat demoralising for local players trying to impress.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
PMLF said:
And except Argentina, the other teams aren't really very good anyway.
But do not think it is great that the best two teams in the world are coming from our underrated continent?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well put Jcamilo, you see things the same way that i do.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't have a clue as to why the gave the job to Parreira at all. He is always goofing every now and then and he doesn't really give chances to youngsters.I would say that at Copa America he really didn't have a choice otherwise players like Dudu Cearense,Vagne Love etc would never have had the chance to play for the senior team. Parreira is the only coach who can be confused enough to think that Kaka and Alex play similar roles so Alex and Kaká can never play 2gether. Look at the last match da seleçao for instance...even though the oposition was relatively weak he didn't play inform Adriano and only introduced him when it was too late. I don't agree that Parreira has improved rather Juninho Pernambucano saved a Mediocre national team when he was introduced into the set up.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Parreira does not have a clue about what he is doing. I mean, he thinks kaka is a playmaker, he puts Julio Baptista to play as a DM (he is playing as upfornt in Sevilla) and likes to play with 3 volantes. You can say that ze Roberto and Juninho are not Volantes but they play like it in the Seleção, they rarely go upfront to help in the creation of plays. Brasil can win the next WC because of the talent of our players not of our coach. And I agree with JCamilo that the team has not made any progress. Parreira always uses the same tactic with no variations , he always does the same substitutions at the same time of the game, aroud the 60th minute of the game.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i guess i'm not blind after all.

·
Registered
933 Posts
brasileiro said:
And I agree with JCamilo that the team has not made any progress. Parreira always uses the same tactic with no variations , he always does the same substitutions at the same time of the game, aroud the 60th minute of the game.

This is extremely annoying. :mad:

I do think though that with or without Parreira we are the favorites to win the WC. The European teams look relatively weak. Argentina can stop us but hopefully they won (although a South American final in a WC played in Europe would be awesome).

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
PMLF, you must remember Brazil play against odds, like no one else. For once the last BI was in 1962 (and only Italy did the same feat), another thing is that no team ever got in 4 straigth finals, much less 4 semifinals. And the world cup will be in Europe, where they usually are more dominating. They are with ears up after the last failure in 2002 and wont be so easy. And the Cup is in a traditional football nation, meaning they are strong favorites. Against such odds and knowing the several happenings that make the path for us be open will not repeat, Parreira is a extra risk, a turn back, not a step foward.

·
Registered
933 Posts
JCamilo said:
PMLF, you must remember Brazil play against odds, like no one else. For once the last BI was in 1962 (and only Italy did the same feat), another thing is that no team ever got in 4 straigth finals, much less 4 semifinals. And the world cup will be in Europe, where they usually are more dominating. They are with ears up after the last failure in 2002 and wont be so easy. And the Cup is in a traditional football nation, meaning they are strong favorites. Against such odds and knowing the several happenings that make the path for us be open will not repeat, Parreira is a extra risk, a turn back, not a step foward.
I agree with everything you said but it doesn't change the fact that in theory Brazil still is the strongest team and as such is the favorite to win the competition.

And I didn't say anyway that Brazil will win it for sure. We all know that we may play against say Ireland and lose on penalties or other "accidents" that always happens in WCs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts