Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baia has been far from impressive, to say the least, if ya ask me.

In his games VS Romenia and Turkey he's been mishandling the ball like a monkey whos wahsed his hands in butter. He continues to find himself out of position way too often. And, in some dangerous intances, is too slow making decisions.

We got extremely lucky on that corner kick where he went into the crowd and attempted to catch the ball, instead of simply punching it otta there, just to have it drop in front of a Turk for an easy giftwrapped goal. Fortunately, the turk's ineptness saved us the trouble of having to deal with a Turkish renewed life.

Make no issue that we are a great team. So is France, with better goal keeping. I hope that one element will not be the difference of the game on wednesday.

Viva Portugal.

O' MALHAO, MALHAO...QUE VIDA E' TUA...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
He is your worst player with Dimas. You might hae a lot of problems with those 2.

It will be a great match, seeing two teams with extreme technical capabilities. However, when it comes to playing as a team, i have to say France is better. Good luck :)

·
International
5,629 Posts
Pilinha, you're somewhat right over you concerns with Baia. However, let me add that he has been better with every game. It's takes a while to get it back, especially for a goalie that's had to work very hard to get here. However along the way he had made the necessary saves, and his positioning has improved.

BTW one thing about Baia...He is a money player..You can count on his best against France! As well as Figo's!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope yer right!

I like the fact that you chose yer handle as Red Eagle.

I knew, secretly, you had a thing for Eagles. The other being green.

Hehehe!

BTW, saw your comments on "ForcaPortugal" site.

Well done. But, try not to be too dramatical. You continue to surprise me with your poetry aspirations. Who wudda thunk it!!!

Hehehe!!!

G

·
God who saw Barthez's save vs. Spain when he was off his line??? no one says anything about that no one says anything about V.BAIA'S p.Save,no one says anything when he pulled out that save on the Hagi shot why cause all u guys look at is The **** tyhings he does so u guys can go against him... He has been completely out of form 2 months out no one says anything about that...

Vs. England i don't think the goals were his fault the 1st when Beckham had the ball Dimas was meant to be there but no leaving him 2 J.Costa and opening a huge gap in the middle of defence where the trinco's should have been covering...

The second goal was exactly the same thing but F.Couto went to cover and it was completely open in the middle... come on guys you can also look at BAIA'S positives !!!

Who else do u guys want in goals ??? Espinha is good but no 4 a national team...

The goal keeping future is Quim & Nuno Santos (SPORTING)

G

·
Hey I'm not the biggest Baia fan but ever since he gave up those 2 goals against England he hasn't allowed a goal yet tho he didn't play against Germany! Plus he made that save against that penalty! He's gotten better as the Euro has gone on!!! Expect his best against France!

·
Registered
986 Posts
who else do we have to play goal. Baia scares me a little but not enough to start someone else. As long as the defense continues to play well and not allow many shots I think we will be OK. Couto and Costa have been amazing. Hopefully against France Paulo Bento keeps zidane in check. We are good enought to beat them. I just hope we do it during regulation time, my flight to the homeland leaves at 7pm.

Pila,redeagle - you guys need me to pick you up anything while i'm there?

·
International
5,629 Posts
I heard the game is at noon so you should have no problem.
Nothing needed here...

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Baia

Jardel-

I give him credit for the penalty save. I understand the he may be a little rusty from the two month absence, and that's my point. He seems rusty and concerns me.

He's been sloppy at times, and that concerns me.

He's been caught out of position several times, and that concerns me. We need everybody at their best if we hope to beat France.

Nothing to get you panties in a bunch. It wasn't a personal knock on your goalie.;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yes, he is a little out of shape. But he had _no chances_ in the English goals. He also made some good saves (specially that against Romania) and although the Turkish player didn't kick well that penalty, he had merit on defending that - if you notice, he didn't jump too soon to the side, he jumped at the right moment, watched carefully where the ball was going, and was lucky to have a chance and save it well.

My fear is if he stands to far from the goal (he has that habit) and gets a volley into it, and the other is his kick. Notice how many kicks he makes that just go too low at the reach of the opponents. There was one (against England i think) that he just passed to the attacker! That's why some of the goalkicks are made by a defender.

Another positive thing about him is that he's an experienced player and captain who gives the other players some confidence - that's my opinion.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Baia loves the big games

Baia will be looking to this match just as much as the other players. Remember Real Madrid 3 Porto 1 ?? Baia was outstanding although unlucky to concede 3 goals.

He also done it in Bremen when we won 5-0 - I have that game on tape and I still watch it nearly every week!! :)

FORCA FIGO
FORCA BAIA

ZIDANE NA CASA DA BAIN

or something like that

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well i think that Baia has done good overall but you have to say that he has done some F U C K ups in the matches.

As for Dimas i think 4 what he plays ( which is not alot) i think he did pretty good against Turkey!!!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Nothing to fear about Baía,he was good against France.They all were,that´s not their fault if we lost.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Baia proved that in big games he is a money goalie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts