9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did this come from?:)

Hasan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0:proud: and it has been the best game of the cup so far:excited:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Great fight by Turkey, but i guess the result was deserved.
The red card to Alpay was deserved, but there was no penalty. The foul happened outside the penatly box.
The red card for Hakan Unsal was soo stupid, what was he thinking. :(

Overall great game by Turkey. I have no doubt they will qualify for the next round!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Deniz . . . You ARE dreaming, and it is a NIGHTMARE of a referee's call n a P.K.!

Oldplayer

(From US forum. Good luck to you guys!)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Oldplayer;)

Thanks for wishing us good luck, and I am glad I am not the only one who saw the foul was outside the box:groan:

It should not have been a penalty:wallbang:, I was really impressed with Rustu, though. He always plays like this, he is really world-class.

The rest of the team did not look as sharp, especially in the second half, but we still got a draw, in reality.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Although I was kind of rooting for the Brazilians, I have a deep sympathy for Turkey and when Rivaldo went to take that penalty I prayed he'd miss it. It was so cruel losing like that. :(

It's a shame you lost like that, I know how bad it hurts, but you gave an excellent fight to Brazil and should feel proud of that. Don't waste your time crying over that game, move on and think on the next one because I have no doubt in mind that you will qualify from this group. :)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
It's a shame you lost like that, I know how bad it hurts, but you gave an excellent fight to Brazil and should feel proud of that. Don't waste your time crying over that game, move on and think on the next one because I have no doubt in mind that you will qualify from this group
Before the games, I was thinking losing this game wouldn't be a big disappointment. Losing to a team of Brazil's class is not really losing.

However, after seeing this game, I was disappointed because we could have get through this game if it wasn't for refrees mistake.

Anyway, I am proud of my team, I started watching the game 4 A.M. and thinking does it really worth it. I think it did:cool:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Although I was really disappointed by the end result, I am pleased with the team's performance, especially the play of Hasan, Yildiray, and Rustu.

I thought I would be really tired after the match, but that was not a problem at all. I have gone the entire day with 4 hours of sleep:D

·
*the drum drum*
42,998 Posts
Deniz said:
I thought I would be really tired after the match, but that was not a problem at all. I have gone the entire day with 4 hours of sleep:D
It was on at 7pm here, and I still got less sleep than you :eek:

BTW, does anyone know why our stupid coach took off the best player on the field (yes, Yildiray) ??? :mad::confused:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prince-T said:
BTW, does anyone know why our stupid coach took off the best player on the field (yes, Yildiray) ??? :mad::confused:
No reason whatsoever. I don't think one man, woman, or child would have done it.:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts