Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALONSO: WE HAVE TO STOP LAMPARD
Paul Eaton 26 April 2005
Xabi Alonso has pledged to stop Frank Lampard bossing the midfield during tomorrow night's Champions League semi-final first leg.
Alonso is full of respect for the England midfielder and insists Liverpool's European dreams for this season could come to an end if Lampard isn't watched throughout the tie.

Ironically, it was Lampard who cut Alonso's season short with a tackle which broke his ankle at Anfield on New Year's Day, but the Spaniard holds no grudges and is looking forward to facing the Chelsea midfielder at Stamford Bridge.

He said: "Frank Lampard is having a great season at Chelsea so it's important we stop him playing well. He has a wonderful ability to break forward quickly from midfield, scoring and making many goals for his team.

"To stop him we need to look after the ball when we are in possession and win as many loose balls in midfield as we can.

"I will be trying to make sure Lampard doesn't get control of the ball too much. When he does get hold of it I will make life as uncomfortable for him as I possibly can. If we don't do that in the middle of the pitch then we know he can hurt us.

"Fortunately, we have a player in the same mould as Lampard, in the shape of Steven Gerrard. At the moment I can't say who is best out of Gerrard and Lampard, but one thing is for sure, they are two of the best players in the world. England are lucky to have them."
==================================================

Alonso will make Lampard his bitch :fero:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Lampard will shake Alonso's hand and his leg will shatter like glass. :pp Fragile little boy. :) Going to be an interesting battle even though the last one's were inevitable.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Fragile or a reckless (some may say calculated) tackle on a player who was dominating the PFA player of the year the last time they met?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if Lampard has any brains then he will be thinking the same about Alonso, Chavs can't afford to give him too much time on the ball.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Fragile or a reckless (some may say calculated) tackle on a player who was dominating the PFA player of the year the last time they met?
At best it was a crap tackle and whether intent was there or not players shouldn't go into challenges like that

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
CardiffRed said:
He won the tackle and his 'trailing' leg managed to break Xabi's ankle... his trailing leg. lol If that is reckless then guys like Savage and even Gerrard must be serial killers or something. Lampard isn't that kind of player, most of the time he just laughs in people's faces if he doesn't like them. Oh and I forgot Baros' 'challenge'. Plus that horror challenge from Hamann on Vieira

Only someone completely insane could actually think Xabi was beating Lampard in individual achievement before Xabi managed to break himself. ;)

Jern - Erm, mate, the article just had Alonso talking about stopping Lampard not the other way around. ;)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
When he does get hold of it I will make life as uncomfortable for him as I possibly can.
Does anyone else sense that Xabi's been taking tips from Keano.. :pp :D

Should be a cracking game..At least there's one sem-final to look forward to..

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Marc said:
Jern - Erm, mate, the article just had Alonso talking about stopping Lampard not the other way around. ;)
i know what the article said, i was just dispensing advice to Lampard in case he is reading. :shades:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
i know what the article said, i was just dispensing advice to Lampard in case he is reading. :shades:
He'd have to be a moron to come here....

wait...

:)

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
if Lampard has any brains then he will be thinking the same about Alonso, Chavs can't afford to give him too much time on the ball.

he dun have 1 :tongue: :tongue:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Alonso should play football that is what he knows to do and forget about Lampard because defending was never his strength. He should make Lampard to run behind him, not to run behind Lampard.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
are you taking the piss?
Alonso was way better than Lampard until the injury... now I'm taking the piss. :pp C'mon, are you seriously suggesting Alonso was doing better... I mean wtf did he do?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm asking you if you're taking the piss because Alonso got injured in the 27th minute (correct me if I'm wrong but I rarely am) 27 minutes is hardly enough time to make an impression on the match.

Alonso is the pimp and Lampard is his little ****in bitch

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
I'm asking you if you're taking the piss because Alonso got injured in the 27th minute (correct me if I'm wrong but I rarely am) 27 minutes is hardly enough time to make an impression on the match.

Alonso is the pimp and Lampard is his little ****in bitch
You know they played against each other at the bridge before then right? Although I was speaking generally rather than directly against each other as cardiffred refered to the PFA player of the year award. Which last I checked didn't just look at how Lampard and Alonso played for 27 minutes at anfield. ;)

Not the last couple of times, maybe this time... we'll see. :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Go Alonso!!! YAY!

Erm.

Yes, this little boy belongs to the Spanish gentleman type of players. I can't foresee him doing anything cruel to stop Lampard.

But if he does stop Lampard, it will be because he is stronger.

And I have faith he will.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Marc said:
You know they played against each other at the bridge before then right? Although I was speaking generally rather than directly against each other as cardiffred refered to the PFA player of the year award. Which last I checked didn't just look at how Lampard and Alonso played for 27 minutes at anfield. ;)

Not the last couple of times, maybe this time... we'll see. :D
tha what you said summet bout Lampard being better then Alonso before he broke his ankle.

**** it Alonso pwns Lampard neway!!!!!!11

Hey Casillas just visited your Alonso site :thmbup: pitty most of the pictures have got something wrote across em

1 - 20 of 30 Posts