·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Different players different styles.

Xabi is certainly the better passer.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
In fairness no....at the moment anyway but Xabi was a great buy, look how the team went downhill when he got injured. I say sell Gerrard he doesn't want to play for us so Fu*k off and play for scummy Chelsea and retire referees and chant racist comments.
We'll get 30mill for him and get someone good who wants to play for the club.
For attitude, passing, vision and creativity.......Xabi
For being able to turn a game on its head, deliver the killer pass, basically pull a goal out of his arse, and tackling....Gerrard

I'll say one thing cannot wait till Xabi and Gerrard are centre midfield again because lets face it i don't rate Hamann he's a Houlier player.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Good post Keane

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I would say yes and no

Yes because for the team Xabi Alonso was needed the most. when Gerrard was injure it wasn't much difference, but with Xabi it is, we NEED Xabi.

and No because Gerrard can turn the game in our favore aand scores more goals, and he inspires the team.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Alonso is for the ball circulation and Gerrard for the Bryan Robson style energy and making things happen.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
be objective guys. Its a straightforward comparison of the abilities of gerrard and alonso.

it has nothign to do with what gerrard wants to do with his future.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry for being an interloper into this private hell of yours, but if Alonso is a better player than Gerrard ( I see you are already preparing for his inevitable departure by re-writing history before its even happened this time) then why do you think that Benitez dropped him for the derby at Goodison, which, as with Sunday's was your biggest game of the season?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
If Gerrard was to move to Real then wouldn't you think that he will have a re-think before he makes such a move?

In Chelsea's case it would be different though and that is his likeliest destination.

Gerrard and Alonso are a fine pairing. They work well as a team and with Hamann as the experienced back-up it is a wonderful central midfield. If only Liverpool would strengthen their defence and wings.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
don't have to harp on the fact of losing gerrard in a hostile manner.

How short memories can be sometimes.
Too true. I prefer both in our midfield but unless he signs a new contract before too long then we may have to sell to avoid the Owen situation over

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I love Gerrard to bits, great player, but he can hurt us more than he helps us sometimes with us always playing through the self proclaimed "Man" all the time.I dont think its dumb luck we do very well with him out of the team.Xabi can do anythin Gerrard can do with a football but with more finesse and grace, Gerrards style is the opposite, aggressive, inspirational and in general he's a mad man.And that has many, many advantages to.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
King of the Kop said:
I love Gerrard to bits, great player, but he can hurt us more than he helps us sometimes with us always playing through the self proclaimed "Man" all the time.I dont think its dumb luck we do very well with him out of the team.Xabi can do anythin Gerrard can do with a football but with more finesse and grace, Gerrards style is the opposite, aggressive, inspirational and in general he's a mad man.And that has many, many advantages to.
Good post :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts