Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some genius lines here from Almunia - and I think there could be some mileage in this one so I'm giving it a thread. LOL great article...

Lehmann hates me - Almunia
20080412 11:14
Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia claims rival Jens Lehmann "hates him" after the Spaniard took his first-team place.
Lehmann's erratic early-season form saw Almunia installed as Gunners boss Arsene Wenger's number one with the Germany international marooned on the bench and likely to leave in the summer.

Almunia has now lifted the lid in the bitter split behind the scenes after a series of public comments against him.
"To have someone here who hates me is just amazing. I know he hates me," Almunia told the Guardian. "Every morning I wake up I know it is going to be the same. I've had to put up with it every day since he was out of the team and even before then. I wake up and I know what it is going to be like.
"But I don't care about him any more. He can say what he likes. I come into training and I work with Lukasz Fabianski and Vito Mannone. They are better goalkeepers than him anyway."

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Lehmann is a fu cking cu nt. Why take it out on Almunia and not Wenger who is the one who took him off? Lehmann is getting paid by Arsenal, the least he could do is impart his knowledge to the younger guys. Fu ck Lehmann. I hope he misses out on the Euros and when he leaves us this summer I hope he ends up at Cottbus or Duisburg.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
i concur.. lehmanns a fckn tosser.. he is funny at times when on the field.. with his time wasting antics vs wigan and a couple other times when he went nuts at the oppostion but most times he is just an outright ******.. this kind of attitude would only be accepted at a club like man utd.. we dont need players like him at the arsenal..

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Lehmann has handled the situation like an idiot. It's funny how he puts down Almunia for only starting to play regularly at 30 when he only started playing his best football towards the end of his career. He also criticised Wenger for not making it clear that he was second choice, which is ridiculous because by January Wenger had made that clear and was practically pushing Lehmann out of the club only for him to turn down the offers to return to Germany.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Agreed he is a c*nt but it's ok with some people because it is Mad Jens. When he first joined he was a liability with his hatred of any physical presence around him in the area. It got so bad that opposing players would target him. Never really left him. He did have a good season when we reached the CL final and of course the penalty save in the semi-final. Riquelme was sh*tting himself though and hit a poor one. Then of course we had his catastrophic errors at the start of the season. A love or hate character. Be glad to see the back of him.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
i concur.. lehmanns a fckn tosser.. he is funny at times when on the field.. with his time wasting antics vs wigan and a couple other times when he went nuts at the oppostion but most times he is just an outright ******.. this kind of attitude would only be accepted at a club like man utd.. we dont need players like him at the arsenal..
Exactly. It's like there's no spirit of camaraderie in him. Keepers are always a tight knit group in every team so I don't see how Lehmann has to be such a dick to Almunia. It's Almunia's first season as a starter and it should be the happiest time of his life, but no. He's got the German international goal keeper, who has played in and seen everything there is to see in football, spoiling it for him. Lehmann is a fu cking bully. Fu ck him. I hope he breaks an arm or something.

·
Registered
449 Posts
For me Lehman should have been recalled by Wenger in January, he is a class goalkeeper if a little manic, Almunia is a run of the mill keeper and always will be.
How can u even compare the two? World class keepers make the defence feel solid and organizes them well. World class keepers make an error once a year. You can't tell me that Mad Jens gives you confidence. He is so erratic, no defender can understand what he'll do next. And the amount of errors, (CL, beginning of season, headbutting, charging out of his box) is countless. When he's in goal, you just wonder what stupid thing he'll do next.

Almunia is reliable. He has made fantastic saves and he deals with run of the mill shots very comfortably... unlike Jens, who stuffs up even parrying simple long shots or collecting crosses.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Watch Almunia, he is transfixed to his line, never comes out to gather the ball, when he does it is the wrong time - second goal v Man U @ Emirates, Liverpool equaliser @ Emirates (CL), Liverpool equaliser @ Anfiedl (CL).

He instill no confidence in the defence,

His distribution is lousy.

He is a makeweight sqaud goalkeeper who can't believe his luck this season.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about there. I've seen Almunia rush off his line very quickly and clear the danger several times, his kicking is undoubtedly miles better than Lehmann and instilling no confidence? It was Lehmann who was instilling no confidence with the clangers he was making early in the season, not to mention the messing around from corners that goes way back.

We can certainly do better than Almunia but he's fully deserved his place ahead of Lehmann this season.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.