Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dejan Stankovic was not present at Formello for morning training. Secure rumors say he has flown to Milano where a deal has been agreed that sees the Serb midfielder move to Inter for 4 million euros plus the loan of 19 year old Goran Pandev (Macedonian) who was up until now part of the Ancona squad.

LazioFever

Sorry to start another thread but I thought the official thread deserved one.

It's unofficial yet but we'll soon know, 45 mins to go to the deadline, but it seems like the deal is done.

Anyone know anything about Pandev? And it looks like we are going to go through the nightmare Parma fans went through, with loan deals...

Ciao e Grazie Deki!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the transfer of Stankovic to Inter was formalized on a 4mln euro basis and the 50% of Pandev.

Goran Pandev,a prospect striker currently playing in Ancona, will play in Lazio from next season.

LazioFever

Mancini live on Radio Spazio Aperto:

"I'm very sorry, I really thought he was staying, but the club decided something else. But we still have our goals to reach..."

LazioFever

Arrivederci Deki, I for one will miss you! :(

50% of Pandev, well better than a loan!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Quite devastating for Lazio actually,he's been great for the Biancoceleste and viceversa in Dejan's development.Lazio lose a ighty fine player in Stankovic.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
:(

It's been officially confirmed.

Bye Deki. He was a good man to us and I'll remember him for all the good he did to Lazio but I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the way this whole contract dispute dragged on for way too long.

Four mio. € and 50% of an unknown, unproven striker from the beginning of next season. I say it's a crap deal but it's buyer's market and we're not in a position to demand much. :(

We need a midfielder now.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Oh well atleast he didn't leave for nothing...:)

I still don't see why Inter bought him now...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well, I knew that we can not demand a lot of money for Deki. Everybody was saying 4 millions and 4 millions it is. Deki created a lot of tension in the team with his unwillingness to sign a new contract and frankly I am not too sorry to see him leave. The bad thing is that we are streghtening an opponent for the 4th place but with Inter's curse Deki may well be be yet another failed player there.:) Thank you, Stankovic, for a lot of great moments you have brought to the fans while wearing the biancoceleste jersey.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Same here. And off you go Deki.
At one point I feel saddened, since I have always liked Deki,from the start and even when things were not going for him the way he, and us wanted it to be.

Let's see if he will be placed in the overcrowded Inter squadra, or that he will watch them most of the time on the bench....

I still don't understand why 4 million would be so helfpul to us. Anyways, they say every little things leads to some bigger thing....or how to say that? :confused:

Our management must have learned their lesson by now. Especially to let your most valuable or promising players sign a contractextension sooner!! :fero:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
"With due respect to Lazio, who gave me the chance to play in Italy and express myself at high levels, I considered it right to renounce a part of my signing-on fee with Inter so Lazio can receive compensation seeing as my contract expiry date was 30 June 2004.

from inter.it

gotta respect that tho ...

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Favalli
Couto
Miha
Gottardi
Inzaghino

left from the 2000 team.
Next season, only Inzaghino will be left.

Ah well....time to look forward instead of back, no? :rollani: ... ^^

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Michel said:
Favalli
Couto
Miha
Gottardi
Inzaghino

left from the 2000 team.
Next season, only Inzaghino will be left.

Ah well....time to look forward instead of back, no? :rollani: ... ^^
At least you have something very valueable in your memory...unlike us :rolleyes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's a pity... our propective captain wants to leave and sits the bench of other team. Is Lazio really that bad for him? or he just want money that bad?

I'd rather get Stam/Stan to Juve and get Micolli/Marcesa, now who's Pandez? we can't use him this season and we don't know! Everything is hanging in the air now... what is the management thinking about...and... how about Pizarro? Why don't we get him?

We lose a good player, without any promising replacement, sigh.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

wait a minute, they want Pandez, so that means they wanna sell Inzagchi or Lopez in the near future?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
The name is Pandev and I don't know whether he is a striker or an attacking midfielder according to the gazzeta dello sport he is a midfielder.

I'd rather get Stam/Stan to Juve and get Micolli/Marcesa
Of course, the problem is Moggi would never make such a deal.;)
At least we got something rather than gambling on a CL spot which we can still reach without Deki.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I searched "Pandev" on search engine and found this:

Goran Pandev
Position : Midfielder
Date of birth : 27 July, 1983
Team : Internazionale (Italy)
Nationality : Macedonia
Impressed scouts with his performances for the Belasica Guras Cunev youth side in the Viareggio tournament in Italy in 2001. This led to a trial with Inter and an eventual move. This move would follow in the footsteps of Darko Pancev, the great Macedonian player who played for Inter between 1993 and 1997. Pandev became the youngest ever full Macedonian international at seventeen in December 2000. This move came after helping Belasica finish fourth in the league in the 2000/01 season
<endlesssoccer.tripod.com>

He's one of the best player in Macedonia... soccerage listed him as forward... may be he plays forward in Ancona and midfielder in Macedonia? Anywayz, we know he's the attack type.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well Pandev is our greatest talent and he started off as a forward but he has played as a midfielder and also as a left winger so he is very versitile. He played a great game against Lazio for Ancona earlier this season had a few chances to score and hit the post once i think and maybe Mancini was impressed!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
dragan20, thanks for the info. Any further info about Pandev would be appreciated (at least by me:)) .

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter switch delights Stan Saturday 31 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dejan Stankovic has spoken for the first time as an Inter player following his move from Lazio.

The Serbian joined the Nerazzurri on Saturday in a £3m deal that will also see the capital side get Goran Pandev, on loan at Ancona, in the summer.

"I thank Inter for their interest and belief in me," Stankovic told his new club’s official website. "I have great respect for Lazio who gave me the chance to play at the highest levels.

"Because of this I felt that it was necessary to give up part of my signing on fee in order to give Lazio a bit more cash seeing as my contract was set to expire in June 2004.

"I’m now at the start of a new adventure with a great club and a great squad. I’m immediately at the disposal of the Coach and my new teammates."

Stankovic will be given the No 11 shirt and boss Alberto Zaccheroni has admitted he may feature against Siena tomorrow.

"If he is in good shape then he could play straight away," stated Zac. "However, he will need to train with us today otherwise it will be tough for me to select him.

"Stankovic is a player that I know well seeing as I was with him at Lazio. He’s an attacking midfielder who with time could become an excellent central midfielder."

Lazio boss Roberto Mancini, who yesterday insisted that the midfielder would remain, was obviously disappointed.

"We’ve lost a great player," he stated. "I was convinced that he would stay until the summer but the decision was made by the club.

"We must now just look to the future. Lazio remain a strong side and I’m convinced we can still finish in the top four and win the Coppa Italia."

However, there may be further bad news for the capital side. Whispers suggest that Inter have also netted an option to sign Jaap Stam in the summer as part of the Stan deal.

Stankovic - still just 25 - spent six seasons with Lazio, where he scored 22 goals in 137 games.

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok here we go with the pandev info.
Goran Pandev is 20 years old. He was the youngest macedonian to ever play for the senior national team at the age of 17.And score his first goal at the age of 18, in macedonias 5-0 win over malta in 2002.
He was bought at age of 17 in inter along with his team mate Ace Stojkov.He palyed in inters youth tame along with martins and adriano ( i think for a short time, not sure ).
Inter A.Manager Vardelly ( formelly inter youth manager ) has said that Pandev and Adriano are the future of inter, cause Martins will never get a better player he`ll just stay at this level ( his quote ).So far he has scored another goal for macedonia in there 3-1 win over albania, he was also named man of the match.
In his second year at inter he was sent to spezia where he scored 4 goals in about 19 matches. He played there as a FC or AM.
This year he was loaned to Ancona, He went to this team cause he thought that he could get more play time, and didn`t go for better offers.He scored 1 goal in 8 matches ( he didn`t play more then 4 hall games ). He did socre a goal at the game with lazio but with his hand.I hope he will get more play time now but who knows.
He also has a younger brother who many people think that is better the goran.His brother was the youngest macedonian to ever score a goal in our first league, at the age of 16 and 5 days. he is currently on a try out at lens.
With out a doubt Pandev is a great player great dribler, but he isn`t Macedonias best young player in my opinion.
hope he can play good for lazio.
And now i have made a switch for Juve to Lazio, because of him.
sorry for spelling errors i was in a hurry.
need more info just ask.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts