Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to make the decision again.....

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Ibra everyday for the last 2 years ;)

Dont let his bad form (with injuries) fool you, when he is fit he offers everything that toni offers and more.

Also I thought Toni was supposed to come instead of renewing Crespo of Chelsea or have I got the seasons mixed up?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that is true, but I meant kinda in the big name signing of post-WC 2006 summer. So I guess you can effectively compare Vieira + Ibra + Crespo vs. Vieira + Toni

In that case it makes an already strong case unbeatable due to Crespo's 1st season form.

·
Registered
62,630 Posts
Also I thought Toni was supposed to come instead of renewing Crespo of Chelsea or have I got the seasons mixed up?
You mean loaning, right?

It's reported that the Della Valles convinced Toni to stay for 1 season to help the club in its time of post-calciopoli difficulty. He scored 3 goals against us last season, btw. :D

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Being biased and realising the amount of goals he scores (without being pens) I would say Toni... I know Zlatan does alot, but as a target man I believe Toni is excellent, probably the best in the world with Drogba. However Zlatan is younger and will be the better player for the next 5 years out of the two, comfortably ;)

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
You arent being biased Deano, you broke your biasm meter to the sky if you arent really jesting with the above post.

I was about to say Pulsy must be God, because his mind works in mysterious ways if he really bothered to compare when the outcome is so obvious, but here we have Deano naturally finding Zlatan not as good as Toni :pp

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
You arent being biased Deano, you broke your biasm meter to the sky if you arent really jesting with the above post.

I was about to say Pulsy must be God, because his mind works in mysterious ways if he really bothered to compare when the outcome is so obvious, but here we have Deano naturally finding Zlatan not as good as Toni :pp
:D

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think its reasonable... if we are to consider what the two do for their teams, they are totally different players. Toni keeps all the defenders on their toes, moves well behind them... also wins nearly every header and scores more than 25 goals a year, sometimes more than 30, or considering all competitions, even more.

Zlatan is totally different... he rarely moves in behind the defenders, he is more likely to come back and pick the ball up, he is strong, good in the air too, but not so good nearer the goal with the header. His box movement is clearly not as good as Toni, but he is much more creative and on form, almost a magician.

Zlatan is a better 'footballer' no doubt, but a squad could do with both, because Toni is the goalscorer.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why is it such an act of God

I would easily take 40 goals over the last two seasons- although I like what Ibra contributed more

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
If you ask me... I believe Inter could have done more in the CL with Toni... he is what they would have needed against Liverpool to keep the ball in attack for a bit and win some FKs, espec. in the first leg... one thing of Zlatan is when things dont go his way he gets lazier and lazier... Toni battles till the very end.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He can make nothing out of something- like a Vieri

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Basically that is Toni... Inter should have got him last year when they could... Toni and Zlatan would win everything :pp especialyl if they also got a half decent AM behind them too. The Bayern signings (Ribery and Toni) should have been Inter's ;)

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
Cant believe I am reading this :eekani: :dielaugh:

Actually I can considering the duo it comes from :D But we are talking about FRIGGING Zlatan here :googly:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
What Osman? Is Zlatan THAT good as a target man striker as Toni? No he is not, he is more of a creative striker... Toni is a totally different striker.

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
We arent talking about type of player, but quality of a player.

Zlatan is CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY and CONSIDERABLY the better player then Toni is, 100 times out of 100, if you dont choose Zlatan over him as a player, you are bit mental or a biased nationalistic Italian.

Which somehow is fitting for you two :D (Kiiiiiiidding, Pulsy :pp).

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Considering you live in Sweden maybe you are biased. I know many people here in England (whether I like them or not, or agree with them or not) who would take Toni 100 times out of 100 because they think Zlatan is an over-rated arse who has under-performed on the biggest stages and who is very lazy. I dont agree with this of course, but the fact remains, they are totally different strikers. To argue who you would want, you would need the know the 10 players who play with them already. If I had Cassano or Totti, I would want Toni. if I had Trezgeuet or Drogba I would want Zlatan.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I think its reasonable... if we are to consider what the two do for their teams, they are totally different players. Toni keeps all the defenders on their toes, moves well behind them... also wins nearly every header and scores more than 25 goals a year, sometimes more than 30, or considering all competitions, even more.

Zlatan is totally different... he rarely moves in behind the defenders, he is more likely to come back and pick the ball up, he is strong, good in the air too, but not so good nearer the goal with the header. His box movement is clearly not as good as Toni, but he is much more creative and on form, almost a magician.

Zlatan is a better 'footballer' no doubt, but a squad could do with both, because Toni is the goalscorer.
But Ibra's goal return has been excellent for us this season and last + his assists need to be taken into acc

Me personally I would also add the special goals only he is capable of...that's the beauty of football after all, the unexpected. Toni although may get you alot of goals also needs the team to function for him to get the best out of him

1 - 20 of 80 Posts