Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almeyda reconsiders retirement Friday 2 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matias Almeyda has decided not to hang up his boots at the end of the season, but admits his future may lie away from Inter.

“Football is a big part of my life,” commented the midfielder. “It is too important to just let go now. I will continue to play.”

The Argentine had released statements over the last few months suggesting that it would be his final campaign.

At the age of 30 he commented that “this sport isn’t enjoyable any more and there is so much more to me as a man, a father, a husband and a farmer.”

However, despite sitting out much of the season with injury, he claims he is ready to continue in this career.

“All these months away from the playing field reminded me of how much I miss football,” he explained. “I have therefore decided to carry on, hopefully with Inter.”

There have been rumours of a return to Argentina for the international, as his future with the Nerazzurri remains in doubt.

“Inter is the best place to win,” continued Almeyda in today’s press conference. “This club has been without a trophy for too long and I want to be here when those celebrations kick off.”

channel4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts