Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almeyda admirers line up Thursday 2 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matias Almeyda’s spell in Italy could be coming to an end after recent interest from two European clubs.

The Argentine has caught the attention of Paris SG and Turkish giants Fenerbache amongst others and he could be tempted to leave the Gialloblu.

The central midfielder has never really left his mark at the Ennio Tardini since his move from Lazio two years ago.

And with the club set to start a new cycle during the summer, the expensive talent could be shipped out in favour of a younger and cheaper replacement.

PSG boss Luis Fernandez is a massive fan of the international who is set to star for his side at this summer’s World Cup.

The 29-year-old Almeyda has also attracted interest from a number of Premiership sides including Leeds United in the past six months.

channel4

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Good riddance.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
:yawn:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'd like to see him go, but I just know he's going to do really well for his next team, possibly because he'll have some choice in where he goes.

Here's the man who claimed he had nothing to prove in Italy, well he proved nothing for Parma.

KLP.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Article frm WLDCUp. I have no idea about this PSG guy of who he is.

PSG in Almeyda talks and Parma want Ogbeche
First Published: May 07, 2002

Parma AC are in talks to sell Argentine midfielder Matias Almeyda to Paris Saint Germain.

Almeyda joined Parma two years ago after helping Lazio win the Serie A title and the French club have offered £6 million for the player who will be confirmed in Argentina's World Cup squad later this month.

Parma want a pre contract to sign Nigerian star Bartholomew Ogbeche next year to be part of the deal for Almeyda.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I hope to do that deal. Matias 'injury' almeyda did not accomplish what we expected.

What’s about Bartholomew Ogbeche?

·
Registered
429 Posts
young nigerian. very pacey as you would expect from them. 18 years old, if im not mistaken. just broken into nigerian national side. juve are watching him aswell...

·
Banned
188 Posts
I think he scored for Nigeria against Paraguay at Loftes Road, London, but he is inexperianced and we have alot of that in the side, we signed Adailton, Alex, Luciano Galletti and Kader Coubadja a few years and are they in the Parma first team or even at Parma NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we should stop signing players that are young, we just loan them out to a team and we never see them again.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Adailton played for Parma in the 97/98 season but wasn't good enough. Most of all he was rated too slow. I really don't think he's good enough for us. I think he's been at PSG and Verona since then. Think he scored against Lazio for Verona a few weeks ago though.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Adailton was highly rated in Brazil before he joined us.

I can admit that he had no pace but when I did see him play his ball control stood out, it looked like he'd velcro'ed it to him. What I never understood was that in that season we ended up playing without a forward (I think) due to injury, but he was never considered.

KLP.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Almeyda in his hay days at lazio was an absolute freakish world class defending midfielder.

i know at Parma he wasnt the same, but injuries prevented him from that.

A good WC performance might see that very low 6 million pound offer from PSG turn into maybe a 10 to 15 million pound offer.

We all know what he is capable of doing and it is not like he is in his 30's yet, not far from it, but still.

Parma have been interested in players like Tacchinardi etc...why not try to swap him in deals like that. that nigerian player is good, but he needs at least another 3 years in serie a to develop and Parma dont have that kind of time waste. they need a cup now after the poor season they had this season.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I don't think that an Almeyda - Tacchinardi swap would be on the cards, as one report from the Coppa final put it "Almeyda always get's this fire in his eyes when he sees the black and white stripes".
Now maybe it's just because they are a strong team or maybe he hates them but I wouldn't see him going that way.
Having said that with Juve looking to swap Davids for a defender from Lazio they would need a defensive midfielder.

I somehow don't think he would play for Juve, he might be used in a swap deal though.

KLP

·
Banned
188 Posts
You know I read that Juventus are prepared to swap Nesta for Edgar Davids plus Juliano or Pessotto ?????

So I don't think Lippi wants a hard man in midfield,

If Juventus are prepared to sell Davids then Parma should at least try and sign him:D don't you think?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
No thanks Qasim, Davids is a thug & a cheat, which is why he fits in so well at Juventus:howler:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Parma braced for Almeyda and Micoud exits

Thursday 16th May 2002

Parma are set lose midfielders Matias Almeyda and Johan Micoud over the summer.

Paris Saint-Germain coach Luis Fernandez has confirmed he wants Almeyda, who is with Argentina's World Cup squad, on loan. He said of the 28-year-old: "We cannot afford the transfer but as far as a loan is concerned, anything is possible."

PSG had played Mikel Arteta in midfield last season, but the Spaniard, who was a loan signing from Barcelona, is set to leave to join Rangers. Fernandez added: "Arteta's departure must absolutely be compensated."

As well as losing Almeyda, who is reported to be keen to join the Paris club, Parma could be without Micoud too. The midfielder, who has played a bit-part role since joining from Bordeaux two years ago, has two more years on his contract.

But the France midfielder has urged the Italian side to drop their asking-price for him and let him go. He said on Thursday: "Parma are asking for £5 million for my transfer, but I hope the price will come down.

"I have nothing precise for the moment and I am still looking for a club. Something might work out before the World Cup, or afterwards if I score a goal in the final.

"England and Spain are my preferred destinations," he added after denying there had been any contact with Fulham or Aston Villa.

onefootball

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fener will surely get him at all costs together with Ortega, because their president told so ( they would just pay any money since they are stupid enough to do so, they think they can buy all the players if they want)

As a gala fan I am happy about this transfer but not very happy about Ortega. ( Parma will receive some money from this transfer too, as I've heard)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If Fener has enough money to make decent bids on both Ortega and Almeyda, then I'm happy. Almeyda is a ghost on the pitch, and Ortega was lost years ago. Getting money for them is good business.

I really don't know what the deal about Ortega's ownershp is, but from what I've heard he's River although we havn't received any money for him. I guess maybe we could use this and demand to get some promising youngsters or whatever in exchange, but I don't really fancy us using a team like River because of the economical situation in their country. It wouldn't be fair.

Anyway, if Fener would get Almeyda and Ortega they would have two of the best players in the world on their day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts