Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys.
A new season in the Allsvenskan.
Who will be champion and which team will play in the Superettan in 2010?
New season, new discussions

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
From what I've seen so far the fight for the gold will be between Göteborg, Elfsborg and Helsingborg. Malmö and AIK might be able to grab a UEFA cup qualifier.

Biggest disappointment is (for me) unfortunatly Djurgården :sigh:
Along with Hammarby and Kalmar, DIF have not delivered to the expectations so far.
In Kalmar and DIFs case the squads are strong enough to bounce back. Hammarby on the other hand seem to have financial trouble (as always) and if they were to sell players like Davies and Chanko things look pretty grim.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
It's not like DIF has a better economical situation and with Daja and the boys are going on a free transfer so...

Chanko has been shit and I think we can make it without him. Charlie is the hardest thing though because he's always scoring and has some speed worth more than anything else. I'm more worried about Emil Johansson then because he's been the best LB in Allsvenskan!

AIK will not grab a Europa League place I think, they're too damn dependent on Obolo and they have been actually bad when playing.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Komac and Rihilahti are good players, but they can be replaced. If Aki wouldn't have been injured all the time he would've been our most important player.

The financial situation isn't very good. But is not our biggest problem. We have a squad that is delivering below it's capacity.

I think it's a pitty that Zoran didn't want to continue, lets hope legend Galloway will lead the way :party:

I think it is sad that Drunken-Dulee is taken back to AIK.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Aki is constantly injured so don't get your hopes about him to replace any of your players...
Underachieving, tell me, do you actually rate Rajalakso, Dahlberg, old Kuivasto, crap Tauer etc.
Alot of players in your starting XI are pure crap, you can't disagree with the expectations of you, there weren't any high really.

Galloway... seriously, what the, I know that he will get respect in the locker room though :D

Dulee ain't just a drunkie, that's nothing really because he's a fucking woman violator!

Liten Dulee Johnson skulle ut och åka, ingen hade han som körde
Liten Dulee Johnson skulle ut och åka, ingen hade han som körde
Och en slank han hit
Och en slank han dit
OCH EN SLANK HAN NER I HÄKTET!

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I wouldn't rate any of our players as "pure crap". Underachieving - yes. Crap - no.
I'm not sure what you mean about Rajalakso and specially Dahlberg whos been one of our best players so far this season. Rajalakso has not been good, but he has potential to play on a higher level. But pure crap?

My expectations were not high before the season. The reason was not because the squad isn't good enough but the fact that we got a lot of new players and new coaches and it always takes time to adjust to a new team and a new way of playing.

It would be interesting if you could evolve what you mean by "pure crap"?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Well, pure crap is a bit taking it over the top but still, I don't rate your players at all. It's one thing to be a Gefle, who doesn't have the great players but is a team and it's one thing to be a MFF who has the players but not the team.

Rajalakso hasn't showed that much, just because he scored some goals in the beginning just doesn't tell me that he's good to be a player on the higher level. He's a hardworker for me, that's all. Youssef is then a player with talent. And Dahlberg being one of your best players, which I agree with, just says it all for me. He's not close on being good enough.

With Siggi and Paul, you came 3rd or whatever your place was now again and then you changed them for what, Zoran Lukic and Jeglertz?
Zoran hasn't done shit since he was at your team last time and Jeglertz has been with women football which is, by all means, totally different. Add your change of system aswell for a squad that's totally built for 4-4-2.

It wasn't like I was thinking about Hammarby being a title contender for this season and I was expecting it to be fight for survival, just like with you. The problem is what I saw though, you got frigging OUTPLAYED by a Bajen that misses a good attacking midfielder, has 2 of the most sideway passing midfielders etc. You also drew against the worst team in Allsvenskan.

If you call 2 years as underachieving... I wonder when the team is going to be "normal"

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
AH, what a day, what a game! What started with heavy clouds and a hangover of epic proportions ended with sunshine and 3 important points!

The 2nd goal gave me some sweet 2002/2003 vibes :proud:
Seems like Galloways respect in the locker room was quite enough against Allsvenskans #3 :rollani:

One could tell that we were scared of losing the game in the 2nd half so not that much happened at the other end.

Ayuba made a very good debut as a left defender. He had several of good offensive intentions on his flank.

All in all, everyone on the pitch made a good impression, Johannesson won several duels on the midfield, Jonson spread a calm and stability upfront, just a pitty he only lasted 55 minutes. But when he can play 90 minutes with Mwila it'll be lethal. Rajalakso but especially Milic made some perfectly timed runs and Kuivasto/Haginge had the HeIF strikers under control most of the game.

It's difficult to tell after one game, but the first half we made yesterday is one of the best in a long, long time! If we keep this up this autumn might not be that bad after all :excited:

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Watched Halmstad-IFK and again was reminded how meaningless it can feel to follow Allsvenkan, especially not if you don't have a favorite team and live in the town it plays. One good season the player can say goodbye. Unless some team would suddenly get a lot of money and dominate the league we will never see a team in UCL, apart from a miracle.

IFKG. Wernbloom left after a half season. Bjärsmyr will leave soon. Söder after one more season. Lund I guess too.

Kalmar for UCL? Lost their best player... I can understand people that wish back to before Bosman really, sometimes I also do.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Congrats Cracker, does it feel good... I was hoping that HeIF could beat you guys down but was let down :pp
Atleast my man Totte was back, despite some idiotic mistake, he was all good again. Him and Armas will be frigging crazy together!

Johan, not even money helps, look at Malmö FF. They got loads of cash, they own their own stadium and will get loads of cash from that and so on. Still, they're miserable. Swedish teams need some good management and actually must learn to say no and to sell for a good price, which is really hard for nearly every team except MFF and IFK who seem to sell players for crazy sums all the time.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
A problem also seems to be the contracts. I see so many players breaking out that sit on short contracts. Still as for money I think it would suffice if they just had even more of it ;)

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Hammarby have been very unlucky. The team isn't that good but many games has been very dominated by Hammarby but haven't been able to score.

Djurgården... well, they're just shit. Nah but they're in a total chaos. Changing systems, firing coaches and sport directors. They also have the worst debt by ALL teams in Stockholm and that's quite impressive in a way because Hammarby are in crazy debts and AIK ain't that much better.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
See Hammarby climbed a bit but are still in danger, for DIF things are looking really bad, how many teams go down in Sweden?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
As I recall it 3
No. The last two are relegated and the 14th goes into a play-off with the 3rd placed of the 2nd division.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts