Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This team is base on outstanding legends after thier 35 year olds !!

GK : Dino Zoff

He was a starter in Italian Series A until 41 year olds and played for Italy in the last game at the same age !!

DL : Nilton Santos

Nilton Santos is the greatest wing-back in history of the game. He start playing for Brazil when he was already 25 year olds and played for Brazil until 37 year olds. He retired from professional afterwards two years.

DR : Javier Zanetti

You may think it ois too early for him to include here because he is just 36 to 37 year olds now. Anyway, His speed and stamina are still in the top level as if he was not a human !!

DC : Paolo Maldini

How can I describe him !! He played for the top standard in Italain Series A until 41 year olds althogh some seasons he didn't win a starter all teh time.

DC : Alessandro Costacurta

Like Paolo Maldini, Costacurta is stand for AC Milan for two decades until 41 year olds. He was a very slow player in his late career but the great of his is positional play and tactical style of play.

DM : Lothar Matthaus

No one in history of the game could compare Matthaus in the side of immortal. He could sustain his level to play for Germany as well as th elast game in club level until 39 year olds. Nickname "Superman" is properly belonged to him.

AM : Alfredo Di Stefano

Di Stefano was famous as a buddy forward with Ferenc Puskas. However, He headed himself to play as Attacking Midfileder in his late career and became the world-class player in this position after his 35 year olds. He retired from professional football at 40 year olds.

ML : Ryan Giggs

It must be an incredible phenomenon for player in position winger to be still a very important role of the champion team in top league like English premeir league. He is still 36 year olds, won PFA player of teh Year at 35 year olds, and was expaned contact to be the time of his 37 year olds.

MR : Stanley Matthews

The oldest player to play football !! He played the last game for England at his 42 year olds and non-officially retired from footbal at 50 year olds !!. He is beleived still in his prime after 35 year olds !!

FW : Romario

One of the best goalscorers ever. Have you known he just retired in previous year at 43 year olds !! Romario played for Brazil until 39 years olds, and he won top scorer in Brazil Top League for 2 times when he was already more than 35 year olds (The second is 39 year olds !!)

FW : Arthur Friedenreich

One of the most prolific scorers of all-time. He retired while playing for Flamengo in 1935 at the age of 43. He won the last top scorer of Brazail state championship when he was 37 year olds.

----------------------Romario-------Freidenreich---------------------

Giggs--------------------------------------------------------Matthews

----------------------Matthaus------Di Stefano-----------------------

Nilton Santos----------Maldini--------Costacurta---------------Zanetti

-------------------------------Zoff-----------------------------------

" Average age of retirement is 41 years olds !!"

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
No....Cafu?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Yeah, Cafu retired in his 38 year olds of age but I think Zanetti is being a superb player at nearly 37 year olds. So, I'd prefer Zanetti.
:eek::eek::eek:
So are you telling me Zanetti > Cafu?
Ouch this is going to get interesting :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Zanetti is better than Cafu in defensive quality but the point is Zanetti is better than Cafu after 35 year olds !!

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Costacurta has no place here -he retired late, but for the last 5-6 seasons of his career ge was mostly a bench warmer and played his last NT game when he was 31.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Costacurta has no place here -he retired late, but for the last 5-6 seasons of his career ge was mostly a bench warmer and played his last NT game when he was 31.
Nonsense.:scream: Costacurta even dominated as right back in some games in his last season. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Costacurta played very good up until retirement. I remember a game against Fiorentina at 39 as RB - he was in the top 3 for distance covered in that game, according to the statistics.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Yes, he was OK, but he played 10 or so games a season when the starters were injured or suspended, there are plenty of other better players that can find a place in such improvised all star team.
Here - a good evidence
Costacurta - 458 serie A games
The above mentioned Vierchowod - 562 games
Ciro, who retried 4 or 5 years younger than Costacurta played 500 games.
Costacurta was a good player who had a marginal role in Milan for the last third of his career, which is the reason it lasted so long.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Yeah, Cafu retired in his 38 year olds of age but I think Zanetti is being a superb player at nearly 37 year olds. So, I'd prefer Zanetti.
Unfair comparison cause Zanetti has not been playing as wingback and switched to a less demanding role in midfield after 33. Cafu has played as RB till his retirement.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Hakan Sukur deserves a shout :howler:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Great team, Derman!

May I say that I think Djalma Santos should be the first choice for fight back. He won the world cup in 58 and 62 (second one as 33 year old) and was a starter in the 1966 wc as a 38 year old man. Plus with 40 years old, he joined Atletico-PR and was great playing there till amost 42 years of age.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Toninho Cerezo retired when he was 43 and scored a goal in the Intercontinental Cup when he was 38.
Cerezo did more than score the goal - he was essential for São Paulo's victory over Milan, and was chosen MVP of that match. Not bad at all for a 38-year-old player. And roughly one year before that, at 37 years of age he was playing the CL final against Barcelona (where he was marked by Bakero), so Toninho even managed to be consistent at that age. :proud: Huge player.

A brief trip down memory lane: São Paulo in the 1993 Intercontinental Cup, that they would win 3x2. The second guy in the lower row is Doriva (who would later play for Porto, Sampdoria, Celta Vigo and Middlesbrough, and surprisingly even went to the 98 WC), and others had passages through European teams - but the two kids standing next to Cerezo on the top row are probably more familiar. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts