Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Wow, just impressive. Unfortunately i am not old enough to remember the good old time of Stade Rennais when they were able to win the French cup. But i believe that if Källström deserve a spot, Monterrubio with his great passing skills or even Alexander Frei with his finishing, deserve a shot too. Not sure M. Silvestre stayed long enough to make himself a name, while John Mensah was literally a rock during his time spend for the club, minor the injuries, of course.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow, just impressive. Unfortunately i am not old enough to remember the good old time of Stade Rennais when they were able to win the French cup. But i believe that if Källström deserve a spot, Monterrubio with his great passing skills or even Alexander Frei with his finishing, deserve a shot too. Not sure M. Silvestre stayed long enough to make himself a name, while John Mensah was literally a rock during his time spend for the club, minor the injuries, of course.
I must admit that the Stade Rennais' Team was the hardiest to make, and is the more strange "Dream Team" coz, individually, there was some "quite surely" better players than the legends who won the cup to make the 11 but as you say with the exemple of Silvestre, they didn't spent much time in the club. I have Silvestre because he was really good for the club, he gave something the time he played and it's not only 12 matches. Also I think the club hadn't much confidence into his young players during this "Silvestre-Dabo-etc." period and then after with Mvuemba or others. That's the opposite since a couple of years (and after some transfers failures). And it's all benifits to let play Briand, Danzé, Lemoine...right now M'Vila with Antonetti as a coach.
So what I was saying? yeah maybe a 2000-2003 team beats the all-time Stade Rennais in terms of global quality what is unique with all of those dream teams, but also, yeah the players from the 70s with more than 12 appearences by far must be honoured as they served the club and won la Coupe de France.
Maybe it's long (my post).
I could easily put Freï into the Team of Rennes. I will surely change some line-ups making the benches (what consists of players close to make the 11) but not too much. Once again, Rennes was the more difficult team to make.
Yes, it's long.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
6 Bosnians in there (Susic, Osim, Katalinski, Halilhodzic, Antic, Bazdarevic), strong case for 7 as Hadzibegic wouldn't be out of place in the Sochaux XI.

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Great work as always. Like the Guingamp one, a bit easier too make since their success in top football is newer, i guess. But that would be my pick. Ha the duo Malouda -Drogba !

I think Isaksson did not came close to Petr Cech in term of pure performance with the club. Petr saved our ass from the relegation one year all alone, when the team was poor. Sure this is not a qualifying for one european cup. But for every Rennais fan, i don't think there any kind of competition there between thoses two.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Finally on the teams to be found there, Montpellier it's Montpellier-Hérault only and Toulouse, it's «*Téfécé*» only so the first version of the both clubs are not considered in a same time.

OM: at midfield you have Stojkovic and Francescoli as the biggest stars and talents who don't make the 11 for some reasons.

ASSE: Johnny Rep is here preferred to Hervé Revelli only due to the abilities that made him a star (what makes the pair with a certain behaviour) but in greatness for the club the French Center-forward is equal, so the name of Hervé Revelli had to be mentionned one way or another and it's done.

FC Nantes: Landreau is not far from Bertrand-Demanes, we can arguably think they can share the spot.

AS Monaco: Weah is certainly an all-timer of Monaco and his absence in the ASM 11 could be explained by his presence in the PSG team. Also to let the picture readable in attack for what concerns the 11 of Monaco.

Auxerre: it could be Lamouchi/ Saïb. I had choosen Lamouchi alone for there were yet 2 «*pure*playmakers*» in Scifo and Martins. I don't always ask so many questions to make a 11. it's mainly about to have the best ones, as far as it's possible with a balanced organization. It's still probable I'll edit for Saïb/ Lamouchi (with Lamouchi's name on the side the most, to point out that more than a midfielder, he could also play on the left-wing with success when Saïb is of course known to be a CM/ playmaker).

Nancy: Zappia and Jeannol could effectively play on the sides (even Curbelo did it in the National team) but that must be said the four defenders in line are all Centrals by formation.

Rennes: editings: Back to Hiard/ Cech for Hiard/ Cech/ Isaksson. … and finally, only Cech.
Also I have included Mangane (Mangane/ Cédolin). Cardiet used to get the place of Cédolin in the axxis at the time but I have him on the left for he has no concurrent. Mangane alone maybe? i think yes.... So the editing in defense is a central-pair Mensah – Mangane, Réveillère on the right.
At the CF position (2 CFs), it's embouteillage for now...traffic jam...Kaiser/Grumellon/Rodighiero/Nonda/Freï and the other central position behind them is shared with the two more gifted, Pokou and Takac even if Takac didn't remain in the memories as Pokou. Maybe the solution will be to have only Pokou and Takac for the 2 spots despite of the collection of D1 top scorer (except Rodighiero who was not it but had 3 consecutive seasons with 20 goals..."Monsieur 20 buts" c'est lui).
Hum, Pokou and a Nonda/Freï, I think it will not be bad...that's it now.

Sochaux: Mattler is a Left Full-back. If you don't know him, don't think Bazdarevic was a DM, he was a midfielder with playmaking abilities, he was quite tough too, a leader. You have here the players to make a 2-3-5 but organized with a back-four. So the legendary Sochalien Mattler is displaced but still here (no other solution, or he lost his place for Quittet, a central-defender, another very important figure of the club that must be said). Sauzée and Marcel could effectively played at these positions in defense.

Nice: De Bourgoing/ Van Dijk for De Bourgoing/ N. Bjekovic, N. Bjekovic/ Fontaine for Foix/ Fontaine and Ujlaki/ L. Eriksson for Ujlaki alone. Still maintain Ujlaki despite for some, Leif Eriksson is not only the famous Viking but also the best OGC Nice player ever.
The question of the RB is resolved by taking the option of a 3 men defense: Adams – Gonzales – Chorda and a dispatching of Katalinski/ Bonifaci at the centre of midfield with now one more CM position. It's evident Adams is not a Full-back, he's a Central-defender or midfielder, a n°6 what.

Montpellier: please read Ferhaoui and not Ferahoui.

Toulouse: in defense, Cetto and Tarantini is the Argentinian alternative of Lopez and Domergue.

Sedan: since it's J. Broissart/ Al. Cissé/ G. Hatchi at the CM position, it could be J. Broissart/ Al. Cissé/ G. Hatchi/ P. Michelin.

Valenciennes: Fugaldi and Piumi are known the most to be central defenders.

Nîmes: why to disassamble the historic-pair Adams-Charles-Alfred? Because Adams is in the Nice Eleven and because i do what I want.

Red Star: at midfield, two other French international players are certainly equivalent picks in quality and greatness combined: François Hugues and I don't remember the other.

Caen: if there's any question...

Brest: you can pick anyone of the list above the pic instead of Brown, but with him the CF of the opponants is paralyzed, only by fear.

Guingamp: just to precise Luizinho and Szarmach stand out the list that follows.

Lorient: i know well some will prefer M. Vahirua to Darcheville but it's still Darcheville who has the spot.

Niort: Amanallah can be considered as to be more than an alternative for the LW position, and Pierre Morice is not in since he was too good for the club he was formed by. He was back there for the relegation, but not for the accesit. Just the opposite of Abedi Pelé.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts