2.Ronalo Nazario
3.Romario
4.Artur Friedenreich
5.Garrincha
6.Leonidas
7.Tostao
8.Roberto Dinamite

Other Notable Players
Lucio , Juan , Edinho , Leo Moura , Cicinho , Daniel Alves , Maicon , Ze Maria , Leonardo , Cerezo , Dunga , Clodoaldo , Rai , Ronaldinho , Rivaldo , Paulo Nunes , Dirceu Lopes , Zito , Vava , Kuizao , Jardel , Chulapa , Menezes , Bebeto , Julinho Botelho , Canhotero , etc .

Best Brazilian Players
1.Pele
2.Garrincha
3.Zico
4.Ronaldo Nazario
5.Rivellino

Team 1

Taffarel

Torres - Pereira - Da Guia - Nilton

Zico - Didi - Rivellino

Garrincha - Pele - Canhotero

Team 2

Taffarel

Torres - Pereira - Da Guia - Nilton

Gerson - Didi

Zico - Rivellino

Pele - Ronaldo

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Taffarel above Gilmar? No. Dida above Leão and Manga? No.

Branco the 4th best fullback in Brasilian football history? HELL no.

Ademir da Guia better than Didi, and Socrates better than Gerson? Double no.

Ronaldo better than both Romario and Garrincha? I don't think even Dagoods would agree with that one, and that's saying something. Friedenreich also doesn't belong in 4th above Leonidas and Garrincha. Tostão was only improvised as a forward in 70, so I'm not sure he belongs on that list. And Roberto Dinamite shouldn't be among the top 8 attackers at all, especially when players like Vava and Dada were left out.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
romaldo = romario >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garrincha... Garrincha had success back when the sausage used to eat the dog.

Amateur player. I agree with gerson over socrates mainly because the 82 generation doesn't deserve to be on any list. Bunch of ****ing losers.

Oh and canhoteiro shouldn't appear not even in the 5th team.

Zico is a big choker so if my team was going to compete I would not use him, but since it's an imaginary team I can agree with him on the 2nd team. Not on the first, tho.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
oh and I wholeheartedly disagree with taffarel. He was good but not great on everything except defending penalty kicks.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
oh and pelé is not a striker ffs.

my team (using the players you selected):

---------Gilmar dos Santos Neves

CAT - Ademir dG -------- Luis Pereira ------ Nilton S.

-----------Zizinho -------- Didi

-----------Pelé ---------- Rivelino

------------Ronaldo ---Romario

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
romaldo = romario >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garrincha... Garrincha had success back when the sausage used to eat the dog.

Amateur player.
Amateur? At least Garrincha only went overweight when his career was finished, unlike the bum Ronaldo. And the walrus also didn't have alcoholism as an excuse for his increased girth, he was just a shitty professional (and so much of a primadonna that he actually got pissy whenever anyone pointed out that he was ridiculously overweight).

Garrincha pisses on Ronaldo from a great distance. And so does Romario.

·
Administrator
29,340 Posts
I like to think that Garrincha may have played in a bad period, but when he lists 11 players, only 3 didnt play in a squad that had Garrincha as a team member. This thinking he really wanted to Ademir da Guia as central foward, not his daddy, much older than Garrincha. Very good.

If anything, the best brazilian team ever is the 1958 team with a handful of improviments.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
yeh, amateur. When we watch some highlights of that game you can't do much other than laughing. Amateur football at its finest, but still amateur.

As felipão said: the sausage used to eat the dog back then.

Or was that Dunga? your hero Dunga said something like that too.

:smileani:

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
I like to think that Garrincha may have played in a bad period, but when he lists 11 players, only 3 didnt play in a squad that had Garrincha as a team member.
"(using the players you selected)"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Amateur? At least Garrincha only went overweight when his career was finished, unlike the bum Ronaldo. And the walrus also didn't have alcoholism as an excuse for his increased girth, he was just a shitty professional (and so much of a primadonna that he actually got pissy whenever anyone pointed out that he was ridiculously overweight).

Garrincha pisses on Ronaldo from a great distance. And so does Romario.
LOL :howler:

·
Registered
486 Posts
------Zizinho-------Didi-------
-----------Rivelino----------
---------------Pele---
----Garrincha
-----------ROMARIO--------

Reason y i put garrincha so up was because in all the clips and games that ive seen him in he is always the furtherst up the field on the right side. Reason for Pele being a little bit back was because he was a greater dribbler, passer, goal scorer.... a complete player. Romario is the striker b/c he is better at it than Ronaldo and arguably the best striker Brazil has ever seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, it's complicated.

An All-Time Brazilian Squad (any nation's squad) should at the most be a 22/33-player businness & would have to cover the most extensive possible period of its history.

I'd prefer a 22-player squad -- but at least in the case of Brazil it would be unjust to leave out many important players.

Since my favorites are mostly (although not exclusively) from the years 1950-1970 - in order to lend it tactical coherence - it'd have to follow an interchangeable 3-2-5 > 4-2-4 > 4-3-3 system -- i.e., systems that were predominant in those times.

The 3-2-5 was never a system played by Brazil (& probably not the best one) -- but IMO the best to fit all the legends.

My choice would be:

[3-2-5]
Gilmar
Carlos Alberto Torres Domingos da Guia Nilton Santos
Didi Zizinho
Garrincha Leônidas da Silva Pelé Tostão Rivellino

[4-2-4]
Leão
Djalma Santos Luís Pereira Mauro Marinho Chagas
Gérson Zico
Jairzinho Romário Ronaldo Ronaldinho

[4-3-3]
Taffarel
Leandro Bellini Aldair Júnior
Zito Falcão Jair da Rosa Pinto
Bebeto Dida Canhoteiro

1938-1958 (04 players)
1958-1970 (12 players)
1970-1990 (10 players)
1990-2017 (07 players)

Coach: Zagallo

PS: And still an infinity other cracks would be left out: Friendereich, Tim, Romeu, Perácio, Heleno, Fausto, Barbosa, Ademir de Menezes, Bauer, Altafini, Zózimo, Zagallo, Dequinha, Pinga, Piazza, Ademir da Guia, Silva, Almir, Reinaldo, Sócrates, Cerezzo, Éder, Oscar, Luisinho, Edinho, Mozer, Jorginho, Branco, Mauro Silva, Rivaldo, Kaká, Neymar you name it.

:nerd2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just with the 'left overs' we could mount a 'Mr Team' as we say in Brazil (or two or three):
Barbosa
Cafu Mozer Edinho Roberto Carlos
Mauro Silva Sócrates Ademir da Guia
Rivaldo Silva Altafini

Or:

Dida
Jorginho Ricardo Gomes Zózimo Branco
Kaká Pinga Dequinha Zagallo
Ademir de Menezes Neymar

Etc etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts