Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title speaks for itself. Just like last year, pick the players who you think have starred most and while you're at, pick your all star blunder team if you want (no prizes for which club will have most defenders in that team :howler: )

My All star team (in a positive sense)

-----------Timmer-------------

Trabelsi--Saidi--Alex--Lee

Landzaat--Cocu--Theo Janssen

Yildrim---Kuijt----Perez

Reserves: Boschker, Matthijsen, S. Kalou, Farfan, Goor, Hofs, Rosales

Picked Cocu since he's been the driving force behind making PSV more " adultlike". Also went for Theo J instead of Hofs cos Janssen was in a real dip a season or 2 ago. Really more grown up now.

All star blunder team:

---------Van Dijk------------

Song--Touzani--Paauwe--Mtiliga

Denneboom-Feher-Zongo--Sikora

--------Niedzielan---Sibon----

Reserves: Paauwe 2 (the GK), Heitinga, Redan and that's all :stuckup: :D

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I agree with your team Wally but for 3 players.
I'd change Saidi with Mathijsen, Janssen with Maxwell, and Kuijt with Vennegoor of Hesselink.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Haha, your blunderteam is great!!!

My allstar team:

Timmer;
Kromkamp, di Tommasso, Alex, de Cler;
Landzaat, van Bommel, Goor;
Yildirim, Boussaboun, Perez;

Bench: Jevric, Matthijsen, Cocu, Douglas, Koné

No Feyenoorders as they were poor as a team... except Goor who also reached a good level when the team was struggling, Alex and di Tommaso impressed me, just as Boussaboun who played surprisingly well.
Also don't forget Koné who had a hard time after his cancelled transfer, but he fought back great!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Timmer

Trabelsi - Alex - Saidi - Mathijsen

Landzaat - Kalou - Janssen

Yildirim - Kuyt - Farfan

Bench: Kromkamp, Rosales, Huntelaar, Hofs, Goor

I'm not too happy with the range of the goalies. I don't rate Timmer that high, but it was him or Gomes and since the last wears long pants I've to go straight away for Timmer.

Trab ahead of Kromkamp, since he came back like he never had that row with Ajax and even in a non-performing team he still did well. Unlike Kromkamp who had it easier with AZ. Since I've said before that in their team some average Joe's tend to look good (De Cler, Buskermolen, Lindenbergh to name a few). And of course I needed at least one Ajacied in the team.

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chivu said:
Timmer

Trabelsi - Alex - Saidi - Mathijsen

Landzaat - Kalou - Janssen

Yildirim - Kuyt - Farfan

Bench: Kromkamp, Rosales, Huntelaar, Hofs, Goor

More Feyenoorders than me in your first eleven :eek: thats generous :D

As for the goalie issue, I reckon Boschkers done well despite his defence being so weak, but other than Lodewijks or perhaps Vonk (who don't qualify I guess since they haven't played so many games), there aren't that many reliable goalies. Vandebusshe like plays a blinder against Stuttgart then makes a blunder in the next game and the same with other keepers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi guys.
I am tunisian and just wanted to know how Saidi is doing.
I knew he was among the best yougsters in Africa, now I can't follow him, so give me some news. ;)

Monaco was interested in him... :moan:

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's been excellent.Tall, strong and a good man marker. Possibly the best defensive signing we made in a long time. So much so, that he got a new contractextension within a few month. He's probably this season been the only defender in our team who deserves to be called "defender". I wouldn't be surprised were a real big club from a bigger league to sign him in the summer :( Check the Feyenoord forum for more info on him btw :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok wally thank you and have a good year. ;)
Always interesting to have news on dutch football, I thought Sneijder and Van der Vaart would have been in all all star teams...

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheva said:
Ok wally thank you and have a good year. ;)
Always interesting to have news on dutch football, I thought Sneijder and Van der Vaart would have been in all all star teams...
same to you too ! :)
Sneyder and vd Vaart would have made it when it'd be about player quality but not when it comes to current form imo. That saying, I must admit vd Vaarts playing better of late or at least working harder. He really had a dip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts