Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday Feb 15th there's going to be an all star game in the Camp Nou to raise money for the Tsunami disaster.
Many big name players are going to be participating and it should be a fun game.
Which team do you think is going to win?

Shevchenko's team:

Coaches: Lippi, Wenger

GK: Buffon, Cassilas

Defenders: Kaladze, Karembeu, Kompany, Maldini, Puyol, Stam, Thuram.

Midfielders/Forwards: R.Baggio, Ballack,
Beckham, Deco, Del Piero, S.Gerrard, Henry, Nedved, Raul, Sergei Semak, Shevchenko, Totti, Vieira, Johann Vogel, Zidane.

Ronaldinho's team:

Coaches: Parriera, Rijkaard

GK: Dida, Idriss Kameni

Defenders: Cafu, Cordoba, Cris, Heinze, Jaidi, Samuel Kuffour, Lucio, Marquez Alvarez,Lucas Radebe, J.Zanetti.

Midfielders/Forwards: Adriano, Delron Buckley, Cambiasso, Cha Doo-Ri, Drogba, Emerton,
Michael Essien, Eto'o, P.Juninho, Kaka, Li Tie , Mehdi Madavika, Martins, Nakata, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho.

Ref: Collina

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sheva's team is certainly more balanced. Every position has a world class performer. But the match is gonna end 5-5 anyway...

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
it's a euro team vs the world team formation anyway., imo the euro will crush the world team.

4-4 imo

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
hahahahah crush ? and then u say 4-4 ? man are u thinkin str8?

unless im miss reading something... u dont make any sense

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
interms of ball possetion, they will crush the world team, but it will end 4-4 cuz it's for fund raising.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Interista said:
Wasn't there 2 other threads on this already?
Yea mine but is was called world football for tsunami appeal

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Why are people making a huge deal about this?? Don't these type of allstar/charity games happen all the time? i understand its for a very good cause, but how come none of the other games ever got this much attention?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well because there are more big names in this event than any other event I've ever heard of and it's going to be fun seeing them play together. Plus unlike most charity matches, this one is actually going to be broadcast on TV so I'm excited about it.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Lyon rather disgracefully have pulled their players out. While Shevchenko is actually injured and it's questionable if he'll be back in time.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
lol seems like the match is going to be rescheduelled. both of the sides are good but i think ronaldo's side would play better and still be a draw :p

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Giovanni said:
Well because there are more big names in this event than any other event I've ever heard of and it's going to be fun seeing them play together. Plus unlike most charity matches, this one is actually going to be broadcast on TV so I'm excited about it.

ok thats fair but havent these type of games been on TV in their home countrieS?? anybody have any examples of past charity game/allstar/retirement games where they can name the players that participated?

Dusan why is Lyon not allowing their players to play?

Kyp where did you hear the game is being rescheduled? whats the reason? injuries?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The game is going to be on the 15th of feb, Sheva is already fit to play today vs Lazio although he probably won't start.
I'm sure he'll be completely fit until then.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts