Xtratime Community banner

7361 - 7380 of 7380 Posts

·
Registered
13,070 Posts
We sold Alisson and have no good plan in place to replace him or even smartly invest the money we're getting for him. We're now scrambling, talking about getting Olsen and Malcolm. Trading another great player and leader to Liverpool and getting two mediocre players in a rushed attempt to hush the fans' complaints.
SUPERMARKET

·
Registered
866 Posts
We sold Alisson and have no good plan in place to replace him or even smartly invest the money we're getting for him. We're now scrambling, talking about getting Olsen and Malcolm. Trading another great player and leader to Liverpool and getting two mediocre players in a rushed attempt to hush the fans' complaints.
SUPERMARKET
Really? Olsen is not mediocre, he is Szhecny good, obviously not Alisson class but still. Never seen Malcom play but what i have understood he is really good.

·
Registered
46,133 Posts
I'm not impressed by Szczesny but least of all I'm impressed by Olsen after watching him with the Swedish NT. The Swedish NT have a very efficient defensive system which hides (to a certain extent) technical flaws of their goalie which looked gigantic even in games in which he didn't concede (and was hardly tested anyway) like the two games vs the Italian NT. I hope for Roma that they won't rely just on him but get another, more reliable, option. Oh wait, they got Mirante. Well, it is not a huge option but it is probable that will become #1 at Roma anyway.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm not impressed by Szczesny but least of all I'm impressed by Olsen after watching him with the Swedish NT. The Swedish NT have a very efficient defensive system which hides (to a certain extent) technical flaws of their goalie which looked gigantic even in games in which he didn't concede (and was hardly tested anyway) like the two games vs the Italian NT. I hope for Roma that they won't rely just on him but get another, more reliable, option. Oh wait, they got Mirante. Well, it is not a huge option but it is probable that will become #1 at Roma anyway.
He was excellent in the qualifiers before the Italy game and the the WC of course. Pretty sure Olsen will start as our #1.

·
Registered
13,070 Posts
There's a reason why Juve replaced Buffon with Szczesny and not Olsen. Because Szczesny is quality.

·
Administrator
52,890 Posts
Agree but i rate him in same level as Szczesny.
You rate the not that long ago backup goalie of mighty FC Kobenhavn to the same level as the guy who been voted Goalie of the year in Serie A recently? You based this on one WC summer of lmited players working hard together and shielding their goalie?

I'm Swedish, and applauded Olsen for his part in the attempt of the heroics this summer, but he is an average goalie. Its really suprising to see you sign him. That is if you want him to start, he is fine for backup.

·
Registered
866 Posts
You rate the not that long ago backup goalie of mighty FC Kobenhavn to the same level as the guy who been voted Goalie of the year in Serie A recently? You based this on one WC summer of lmited players working hard together and shielding their goalie?

I'm Swedish, and applauded Olsen for his part in the attempt of the heroics this summer, but he is an average goalie. Its really suprising to see you sign him. That is if you want him to start, he is fine for backup.
So where did you not learn to read? Guess what, i'm Swedish too, and i actually watched the qualifiers, which you seem to have not done. And i assume you mean Szezcny as goalie of the year. I do remember him making his 5-6 stupid mistakes every season with Roma. Still rate him high though. Not Alisson high bc i doubt there are any at his lvl today.

·
Registered
866 Posts
There's a reason why Juve replaced Buffon with Szczesny and not Olsen. Because Szczesny is quality.
Myself remember the outcry that we didn't buy Szezcny but went with Alisson instead. And i also remember his blunders playing for Roma. Seems ppl has a problem with remembering things.

I have no clue if he can cope as this level of pressure though. That is my main concern about the deal. But i would trust a former keeper to know his shit when it comes to goal keeping.

·
Administrator
52,890 Posts
So where did you not learn to read? Guess what, i'm Swedish too, and i actually watched the qualifiers, which you seem to have not done. And i assume you mean Szezcny as goalie of the year. I do remember him making his 5-6 stupid mistakes every season with Roma. Still rate him high though. Not Alisson high bc i doubt there are any at his lvl today.

I watched 4 home qualifiers games live (best by far Vs France, merci Lloris) in friends arena plus aleast 3 friendlies too, last being the shit one Vs Denmark. And you?

Schezny is not Alisson level talent or quality but he is still reliable top level goalie, been consistently so with Roma and us last season.

I wish more Swedish players were in this level of quality, but it's flat out ridiculous you think Olsen is at his level, an accomplished goalie who's been starter for 3 top teams already at his young age. Genuinely surprised Olsen going to be your first goalie. Its really risky signing imo, not too long ago he wasn't good enough for Panathiakos.

Considering you could have had better for that type of sum. Perin who's the backup to Schez is better then Olsen too. Missed opportunity for Roma imo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
866 Posts
I watched 4 home qualifiers games live (best by far Vs France, merci Lloris) in friends arena plus aleast 3 friendlies too, last being the shit one Vs Denmark. And you?

Schezny is not Alisson level talent or quality but he is still reliable top level goalie, been consistently so with Roma and us last season.

I wish more Swedish players were in this level of quality, but it's flat out ridiculous you think Olsen is at his level, an accomplished goalie who's been starter for 3 top teams already at his young age. Genuinely surprised Olsen going to be your first goalie. Its really risky signing imo, not too long ago he wasn't good enough for Panathiakos.

Considering you could have had better for that type of sum. Perin who's the backup to Schez is better then Olsen too. Missed opportunity for Roma imo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Since i live in the south going to Friends is a no, but i watched on TV. All games except friendlies before WC.

I tend to disagree. And in all fairness, Alisson wasn't coming from a super team either and he did excellent.

And i rate Perin higher than Olsen and Szezcny. If my memory serves me right, Perin was ranked best keeper in Serie A two years in a row, before his injuries.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wonder what was our offer that offended so much? I mean the guy's market value is 1.5 million.

·
Registered
14,101 Posts
1.5M? Lol...kid is 18 and was the best player in the Toulon tournament. I'm guessing that number is old :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
1.5M is his market value as of the 23rd of August 2018, up 1 million from the 31st of July 2017 0.5M value.

·
Registered
13,070 Posts
Well, it's nearly summer and Roma is broke again, looking for cash and raising the possibility of selling Zaniolo. The supermarket is wide open. Any player deemed valuable is on the selling block. Pig Pallotta still bringing shame. Hopeless

·
Professional Pirate
7,102 Posts
Tell me again why we dont have a stadium yet? which scandal do we want to blame it on before we decide to slap a wad of cash on these politician's faces before that in of itself becomes a scandal?

This is some Rick level sh!t that Im not prepared for...

Meantime we ditched the wingers, ie: kluivert and cengez, for a more reliable 3-5-2 formation or a 3-4-2-1 with Henrik and Lorenzo playing behind Dzeko.

Fun times. Getting too old for new projects every year. Slowly becoming just a footy fan.

7361 - 7380 of 7380 Posts