Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out this page - it's a list of every single player who has ever played for the Brasilian NT (we're up to 1011 so far). :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

They're organized chronologically by the dates of their first game with Brasil's shirt. There I found that the great Zizinho was the Brasilian NT's 200th player (the other round numbers didn't feature anyone as notable).

(The 1950 NT's Zizinho, Ademir 'Queixada' Menezes and Jair Rosa Pinto: 200th, 216th and 186th respectively)

At the end there's an interesting reference to their criteria: depending on which criteria you prefer, either Thiago Neves or Rafinha were the 1000th player to defend Brasil.

996. Leonardo Moura (Leonardo da Silva Moura) 06/02/2008
997. Richarlyson (Richarlyson Barbosa Felisbino) 06/02/2008
998. Alexandre Pato (Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva) 26/03/2008
999. Hernanes (Ânderson Hernanes de Carvalho Andrade Lima) 26/03/2008
1000. Rafinha (Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza) 26/03/2008 (*)
1001. Thiago Neves (Thiago Neves Augusto) 26/03/2008 (*)
1002. Henrique III (Henrique Adriano Buss) 06/06/2008
1003. Juan Maldonado (Juan Maldonado Jaimez Júnior) 07/09/2008
1004. Thiago Silva (Thiago Emiliano Silva) 12/10/2008
1005. Alex II (Alex Raphael Meschini) 12/10/2008

(*) In this file, the players which debuted in the same match are ordered alphabetically by nickname. For this criterion, Rafinha was the 1000th player of the history of Brazilian National Team.
On the other hand, one can consider the minutes of the match when each player entered the field. For this criterion, Alexandre Pato was the 998th (fielded at 60'), Hernanes was the 999th (fielded at 64'), Thiago Neves was the 1000th (fielded at 65') and Rafinha was the 1001st (fielded at 73').
I think it's Thiago Neves - what do you think?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
(the other round numbers didn't feature anyone as notable)
:mad:

300. Ênio Rodrigues (Ênio Antônio Rodrigues da Silva) 01/03/1956

Ênio Rodrigues foi um dos principais jogadores que vestiram a camiseta do Grêmio. Na década de 50, formou uma dupla lendária com Airton Ferreira da Silva, o melhor zagueiro da história do clube. Em 1956, Ênio Rodrigues foi capitão da Seleção Brasileira que ganhou o Pan-Americano do México.

Attachments

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stand corrected! :mute: ;)

Seriously, that list is a trip down memory lane. I browsed through the players who debuted during the 90s and it was interesting to be reminded of all the eventual champions and inevitable failed tests that paved our way to where we are. Rivaldo and Cafu were there, yes, but there were also Luisinho Quintanilha and Marco Antonio Boiadeiro! :googly: :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
luisinho the butcher, former vasco? I think he also played for botafogo, I don't know, I might be wrong.

·
Registered
15,379 Posts
I was at that game (when Pato and co came off the bench) but I cannot remember. They all played some nice football when they entered the pitch though, and Pato scored a nice goal.

Well done to whoever has been compiling that list. :thumbsup:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luisinho the butcher, former vasco? I think he also played for botafogo, I don't know, I might be wrong.
Luisinho actually began his career at Botafogo, and won the 1989-90 state championship bicampeonato for us before moving to Vasco (who Bota beat in the 1990 final, the famous "caravela" game). :proud:

Does anybody have an opinion about who's the 1000th player to play for Brasil? For me it's pretty clearly Thiago Neves.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
yeah, I remember carlos alberto santos playing for botafogo and I had a vague memory of luisinho around that same period of time

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, they played together. Our team in 89 was Ricardo Cruz, Josimar, Wilson Gottardo, Mauro Galvão and Marquinhos; Vitor, Carlos Alberto and Luisinho; Mauricio, Paulinho Criciuma and Gustavo. :proud:

(Carlos Alberto Santos is the 3rd one standing, Luisinho is the 2nd in the front row)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Luisinho actually began his career at Botafogo, and won the 1989-90 state championship bicampeonato for us before moving to Vasco (who Bota beat in the 1990 final, the famous "caravela" game). :proud:

Does anybody have an opinion about who's the 1000th player to play for Brasil? For me it's pretty clearly Thiago Neves.
The first one on is the 1000th. No other criteria has validity. Garrincha -why have you taken so long to discover the RSSSF site?!!

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Im in definite agreement with that. He came in earlier. But if that criteria wasnt used in the list, then its more than just the 1000th player that is off...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I wonder if he knows he is the 1000th

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
This should be deleted as well - the game in question (x Poland) was not a full international.

847. Ronaldo Guiaro (Ronaldo Guiaro) 26/06/1996

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Grafite played x Guatemala in April 2005 (Romario's farewell, yes another one! - Parreira picked players from Brazilian clubs only). Thiago Motta played in the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Great link, Garrincha!

Funny to see that no one talked about Rafinha or Thiago Neves (became the 100oth player for Brazil).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts