Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What`s wrong With Juvi managers Why they Don`t buy player ? do they think they got the best ? Lazio the champion of the last season Changing his team.
also Alex Del piero weight is increasing and Conte gets old.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The fact that Lazio are changing their team, doesn't necessarily have to mean they will win... It will take a long time before a team of stars will actually start to perform.
You have a good team... I don't see any use in spending big time!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Apart from totally agreeing with Lazia I'll just have to remind you people that big transfers are NOT general Juve policy. Having said that we've never spent more moeny than this season. Trezeguet is our record buy (26 million $ I hear)- O'Neill is a 14 million $ purchase and along with players leaving Zanchi and Paramatti cost us 8,5 and 6 million $ respectively. A total cost of app. 54,5 million $.
The fact that Lazio spent that much on ONE player signals that they're out of their mind more than Juve is cheap.
Milan has spent less than us so far, and even before Crespo's transfer I'm quite sure Parma brought their new recruits for a lower cost than ours.
The fees we received for Oliseh, Esnaider and Mirkovic more than cover the number of signed youngsters for the Primavera and eventhough some of you will think I'm crazy for ABSOLUTELY loving the fact that we have the best set of youngsters (of whom precious few will ever play for the seniors) I do. Juve is taking a firm interest in developing our youth system, and eventually we will have some jewels that will break out like Ajax and Man. U have both seen in the last decade. When it happens we'll all rejoice, but it's a gamble as it can never be known if talented youngsters will actually make the cut.
Inter will always spend and Roma did what they had to do to get in contention. We needed no radical changes and teamchemistry is one of the aspects that will win us the title (if we succeed). Why alienate our core by dramatically changing anything. The new players we bought will all be able to challenge for the first 11 (not Paramatti though) but they all know that they're more than likely to start off the bench.
If we exclude Pippo not a single Juve player is known to have attitude problems when left out for a few matches, and it remains to be seen if Lazio's crop of stars will gell together or if some of their players will be as frustrated with the rotation bit as Almeyda was last season.

Juventus is in a good position and the management is carrying on with a system that has seen us be a dominant force in serie A since forever. We will be so in the future as well.

Ciao.

·
Registered
859 Posts
well said Glen, i have no more words...that was great...but i am still a bit worried about next season, let's just wait and see,
anyway not one moment will i stop believing in JUVE

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Let's just face it (Errr, I'm gonna say something I really shouldn't be saying!),

you were real close this past season, because you had (and still have) a very decent team. We've had a lot of luck that last game! In fact, I'm still grateful for that cloud burst in Perugia (Sorry, had to mention that!). But what we shouldn't forget about, is how different things could have turned out to be, if only Juve had won!
That's why I think it's not bad that Juve doesn't buy much!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Moggi said no more big signings. Well, what on earth does he mean by 'NO MORE' big signings?? Someone please refresh me.....have we bought any real big players so far??
Is Trezeguet considered a big player?? Maybe Moggi thinks so because of the price but try comparing that with the likes of Batigol, Crespo, Kluivert or Figo. I didn't say Trezeguet is not good, i know he has got potential and he is young but to keep Juve among the top clubs, to keep Juve's name among the topic of conversation we really have to take in some big-name players......Maybe 1 or 2 a season but one thing is certain, Trezeguet is NOT a big-star player.

P

·
0 Posts
Signings

nah, I dont think juve needs to sign big name players. Juve are a REAL team, and thats why they play so well, even without the names that Lazio has.
I personally think Lazio may not be as successful as they hope with all the new signings...it'll just be a clan of egos and individual talents that dont gel together like a team should.
Big names doesnt necessarily equal big wins. I'm not surprised Juve fans are worried about lazio, but I dont think their threat will be as great as they think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Big Signings / New Signings will happen in middle of the season apart from Athirson. currently the team is in good setup and stands as a team. so let the season start and fill up the gap in the middle. no need for big starts. moderate new signings will do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts