Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uefa is just planning to reduce foreigners to 5 per club...

i'm just figuring out how it'd be if we were only allowed english players:

gk!?

carragher-navarro-matteo

thompson-redders-gerard-partridge

fowler-heskey-owen

hey what ya think? :D

so i don't think we would be very much affected by this rule if it gets accepted...whereas chelsea will..having only jon harley and wise as british!!hehe..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neil Sullivan could be the GK.
I know he's scottish but he's got a BRITISH passport. There's no way UEFA could get away with discriminating against that kind of thing.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
i heard a rumor that MU have an interest on david james, is it true that he has back to his best? i wonder if he want to come back to our squad...

by the way, i really disagree with that new plan! it's very unacceptable... it showed that uefa do not ready for the globalitation of this world!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I can't see UEFA slipping this one past the law courts. A player could just sue for discrimination. There is no way they could make an exception for football.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
M

I see you've had the pleasure of trying to talk sensibly to our serbian buddies. Bit of a waste of time. Talking racial and ethnic harmony to them is a complete waste of time. They're not very good at this living in harmony thing. Ah well , let them stew in their own bull****e.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Badge,stop this bull****! :(

You are talking like a racist yourself you know now... :(

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyway before the bosman ruling was approved..were players liek roy keane considered as foreigner?!??

if not,..then irish or welsh players ..are they considered foreign!?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW,..i can't see david james coming back!!

he doesn't seem to like GH..and vice-versa..

about the line-up itself..i just can't see any other british defenders in reserves that we may have.. :(

·
Registered
441 Posts
Badge - I was indeed trying to discuss rationally the subject of racial abuse on the Yugoslav forum. I think on the whole the people on that page agreed with me, it was just two people who I suspect were trying to wind me up. Unfortunately they succeeded and I abused one of them at the end which kind of goes against my argument. On the whole though I wasn't targetting Yugoslavs in particular - that was just where the conversation was taking place - My argument was against people in general. Anyway I've had enough now - I'll stick to football in future.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Irish players would be considered 'foreign'. I assume Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish would be too as they have their own leagues.

Anyway as I said earlier - If I were a player I'd sue, cause I'd win.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Calling Roy Keane a Brit is like calling Bergkamp a German. Ireland is an independent state (like Greece, or Italy etc etc) and is NOT part of the UK so yep Irish players are foreign. simple geography really (with no end of History!).

Amoroso how the feck can you call me a rascist. I resent that.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh i forgot danny murphy!!!

i don't think i would really mind now if we had to change our team to british only...
i would say our team would be ok,...GREAT in attack but poor in defence...lacking the 2 H's..

but i guess when u compare that with other clubs..only leeds and man u seem to be able compete with us on that ground.,.. :eek:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Badge,I didnt say you are a racist,but you certainly talked like one at your previus post (and ONLY)...there is a certain line...you crossed it in my opinion.

But the least I want is a fight with a fellow Liverpool fan,so lets leave the whole point,ok?

Walk on Badge... :)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
what would happen to chelsea ,newcastle and arsenal??
div 1

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Of course it wouls affect Liverpool we would be without Didi Hammanm , Henchoz and most importantly Sammi Hyppia .
So it would affect us .
Ammourso are you Italian ? or just using that name :> )
I seen a footie programme this morning and it said there where 78 foireigners playing in Italy now with Italian passports so's not to take up the non nations spots .
Including Veron who say's his great granny was from a small village in Italy and now there is an investigation into the whole thing.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course it wouls affect Liverpool we would be without Didi Hammanm , Henchoz and most importantly Sammi Hyppia .
So it would affect us .
Ammourso are you Italian ? or just using that name :> )
I seen a footie programme this morning and it said there where 78 foireigners playing in Italy now with Italian passports so's not to take up the non nations spots .
Including Veron who say's his great granny was from a small village in Italy and now there is an investigation into the whole thing.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i admit that l'pool wouldn't be as gd as it is now...and be affected
but we would be much less affected that clubs like chelsea or arsenal!!
arsenal has only parlour ,seaman and back four as british..but 5out of 6 are over 30!!

chelsea has only jody morris,lesaux and jon harley!

hahaha...yeah i guess these 2 would go to div 1 if such a law was applied!maybe it should then.. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chelsea would be highly screwed if this proposed rule comes into place, especially since Dennis Wise is nearing the end of his career and Chris Sutton is about as deadly in front of goal as a frog with a broken leg. (so they can NEVER play him).

Apparently Arsenal have some good young players who are nearly ready to break into the 1st team (they got to the FA youth cup final this year) so they should be ok.

As for us, well we've got: Owen, Fowler, Heskey, Gerrard, Redknapp, Murphy, Thompson, Matteo, Carragher etc. I think the new rule would probably favour Man utd, Liverpool and Leeds so we shouldn't be too worried if it comes in.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think sutton isn't used to chelsea's playing style...
chelsea hasn;t got wingers and is much more defensive ...

i'm just a bit upset we're letting all those talented youngsters go cos they won't have a chance to get into 1st team..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts