Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iraq's U20 LB has really impressed through out the competition, i think the kid got some serious potential. yay or nay? :)

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Is he the one who's 28 years old?

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Is he the one who's 28 years old?
Nope.
They accused the goali and the Striker Mohannad.
FIFA cleared Iraq.

==========

ISTANBUL, Turkey — FIFA has cleared Iraq of age cheating at the Under-20 World Cup following anonymous claims on Wednesday, hours before Iraq was scheduled to play Uruguay in the semifinals.

FIFA says it received emails "from unidentified persons … by which allegations were made that players of team Iraq would not comply with the age limit."

FIFA says it found no irregularities and was not further investigating the matter after verifying its data with the Asian Football Confederation, "which provided the requested information regarding the players in question as well as the pertinent supporting documents."

Only players born on or after Jan. 1, 1993, are eligible to participate in the U20 World Cup.

In the other semifinal match, France will play Ghana.

======================

Dont listen to the Egypt Media. Sore losers.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
チャットキラー;11360145 said:
Does he look 19 or 28? :D

Well, it's silly in any case. I hope he finds a good club and has a good career. All the best to him.
he is a well known player in Iraq and his father and his uncle are well known to the Iraqi and Arab world.

Even the Egypt media (sore losers) didn't accused him.

read about him ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Adnan_Kadhim

Once again ignore the sore losers ;)

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
In the last WC Qualifying game, Petrovic played a lot of the youngsters which made up the Iraqi U-20 squad, and they gave Australia a really tough game. So I really hope this generation of Iraqi footballers develop well in the coming years, who knows, maybe in future years they'll put you in a position where you could qualify for the World Cup.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
チャットキラー;11360217 said:
In the last WC Qualifying game, Petrovic played a lot of the youngsters which made up the Iraqi U-20 squad, and they gave Australia a really tough game. So I really hope this generation of Iraqi footballers develop well in the coming years, who knows, maybe in future years they'll put you in a position where you could qualify for the World Cup.
Yes I hope so.

We have this tournament to go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFC_U-22_Championship

its first of its kind in Asia.

I believe (and hope) our u20 would participate.

Thank you... copy&paste "チャットキラー" heheh

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
チャットキラー;11360329 said:
Sorry, I really shouldn't have chosen this username. It's awkward for other members. My name is Jeff, if you ever need to refer to me again in the future, call me that.
aha Got it Jeff. Nice to know you ;)

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Mussav, my recollections of this player isn't so good, and I've barely caught any matches at all of this U20 WC, so could you tell me about Ali Adnan and what defines him as a footballer, his strengths, weaknesses - is he especially strong defensively or offensively, is he a well rounded player, what club do you think would be good for him, if he did transition to Europe, what level would be ideal for him, do you think, etc. Perhaps a club like Galatasaray could do with him to tighten up their back line.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
チャットキラー;11360489 said:
Mussav, my recollections of this player isn't so good, and I've barely caught any matches at all of this U20 WC, so could you tell me about Ali Adnan and what defines him as a footballer, his strengths, weaknesses - is he especially strong defensively or offensively, is he a well rounded player, what club do you think would be good for him, if he did transition to Europe, what level would be ideal for him, do you think, etc. Perhaps a club like Galatasaray could do with him to tighten up their back line.
Jeff watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUpiUqY3Vlw

shame the goal against Uruguay not included to the vid

this his goal against Uruguay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0wD7xRtewQ

Not just because I'm Iraq but at this point he doesn't have any weaknesses maybe only lack experience and this is not my words just google him "Ali Adnan" and read what non-Iraqi are saying about him. They nicknamed him as The Beast. :D

As for clubs Galatasaray would be a great start although I prefer him to go to Arsenal for media attention. :)

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Fantastic videos, Mussav, thanks very much :thumbsup: Great goal and he shows terrific aggression and boldness to his play in the compilation video, a very confident player with fine skills, but not just skills, good determination, proven by that clearance off the line.

So, this guy was definitely the stand-out for the Iraqi side? But I'm sure there were other players on the team who impressed, after all, the team came so close to making the final.

4,062 Posts
Unforuntately our stupid football federation has made a ridiculous foreign limit rule "6+0+4" which means we can only field 6 foreigners on the pitch, 0 foreigners on the bench and 4 foreigners can sit on the stands :shakepalm: (Ali Adnan, although his name sounds turkish, would be counted as a foreigner aswell). Obviously he could play in the CL, but a big question mark if he would start every league games.

We already have foreign players like Drogba, Sneijder, Chedjou, Muslera, Eboue and Melo might stay aswell which could leave out Ali Adnan from the squad..

I hope they can make an exception or something with this stupid foreign limit rule and let him play as a "turk", but knowing how backwards, small-minded our football federation is I have lost hope.

Ali Adnan seems like a fine player and we really need a good LB.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
チャットキラー;11360785 said:
Fantastic videos, Mussav, thanks very much :thumbsup: Great goal and he shows terrific aggression and boldness to his play in the compilation video, a very confident player with fine skills, but not just skills, good determination, proven by that clearance off the line.

So, this guy was definitely the stand-out for the Iraqi side? But I'm sure there were other players on the team who impressed, after all, the team came so close to making the final.
well I have this vid its summarizes our journey in the youth world cup (goals + skills + saves)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S353OdWbg0k

and yes you can mute the sound if you like hehehe

Besides Ali Adnan my picks would be

Saif Salman #6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saif_Salman

Humam Tariq #11
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humam_Tariq

Mohannad AbdulRaheem #8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohannad_Abdul-Raheem

And our Goalkeeper Mohammed Hameed #20 won Man of the match 3 times in the World Cup so far

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Ulubatlı Sarp;11360833 said:
Unforuntately our stupid football federation has made a ridiculous foreign limit rule "6+0+4" which means we can only field 6 foreigners on the pitch, 0 foreigners on the bench and 4 foreigners can sit on the stands :shakepalm: (Ali Adnan, although his name sounds turkish, would be counted as a foreigner aswell). Obviously he could play in the CL, but a big question mark if he would start every league games.

We already have foreign players like Drogba, Sneijder, Chedjou, Muslera, Eboue and Melo might stay aswell which could leave out Ali Adnan from the squad..

I hope they can make an exception or something with this stupid foreign limit rule and let him play as a "turk", but knowing how backwards, small-minded our football federation is I have lost hope.

Ali Adnan seems like a fine player and we really need a good LB.
This would be a drawback. Ali Adnan need to play regularly to give his best. But once again I dont think he would be a starter in Arsenal or Sevilla. So to me Galatasaray would be the excellent choice to start his career in Europe.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
チャットキラー;11360217 said:
I hope to see them in the next World Cup in Russia and I hope they beat USA :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts