Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfonso will apparently come to the club if Joan Gaspart is elected president. SF really wants him for the team next year and will do anything to get him.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
This really makes me wonder what SF plans to do with Rivaldo and Figo.
A line-up for next year with current players:
__________Baia___________
_________FdBoer__________
____Reiziger_Abelardo____
LE__________________Sergi
___Guardiola__Cocu_______
_______Figo/Rivaldo______
_____Dani_____Kluivert___

Dani will not be sold. Under no conditions. And SF wants Alfonso. So two strikers will be the system. The position behind the strikers is the only position left for both Rivaldo and Figo....... :confused:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Juve wants to swap Rivaldo for Zidane.
Lazio wants Figo for Salas and loads of money....
I don't like it, but it solves the problems we have. Most of all because Figo and Rivaldo both aren't real players for a central position behind the strikers... :(

GIVE ME A 4-2-3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then we won't have any problems ;)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also don't like it Dutch. I think there is no place for Alfonso. Personally, I don't know where SF is going. Maybe he has changed his mind on how he intends to play next year. I don't agree with trying to sign Overmars and Alfonso seems to be a replacement for Dani, when he said he wanted to give Dani more of a chance this year. I think he has changed his strategy to play with wingers, how else can the attempted signing of Overmars be explained?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
But selling Zenden doesn't make sense to me then. And I rate Dani higher than Alfonso. I just want a 4-2-3-1. That would solve all our problems.
But we need two new central defenders (to replace Bogarde and Dehu). And a left wingback perhaps?

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only to replace Bogarde. Dehu has rejected the offer from Lyon, he says he wants to prove to SF that he can be an important part of the team. He and his wife really love the city and they don't want to leave. So he may be around, we'll see.

T

·
0 Posts
About Alfonso: I think he´s great. And if we will play with two strikers in the line-up we certainly need three top-class strikers in the squad as Kluivert usually misses about 10 games per season due to injuries and suspensions.

About Figo: I agree with Dutch FCB Fan,
4-2-3-1 sounds like a better idea, then we could use him in his favourite role. With the system SF has suggested he will not be able to play as a right winger as he did earlier. But a player with that extreme high class will not have any problem to find a place in the line-up anyway. And I think he just gets better all the time. He should not be sold, and definitely not to Real Madrid!

About Rivaldo: Fantastic 98/99, not that good 99/00. Maybe he has passed his climax? A swap with Zidane sounds quite interesting if there´s any amount of truth in that rumour (which I´m not that sure of).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts