Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfonso of Real Betis is waiting for an offer from Barca before he makes his decision about next year. SF is very interested in signing him as he worked with him in Betis a few years ago. For me he is a good player, but i don't know if he is what we need. I was hoping to see Dani get a chance up front this next season. Alfonso is a great creative player with the ability to take players on, maybe SF wants to combine a striker in Kluivert with a less direct player who can create as well as finish. I believe that Barca needs to start concentrating on improving the defense, this for me should be the biggest priority. I don't believe we should look abroad for defenders unless we are going to get a big name player such as Thuram, Cannavaro, etc. We should look for more home players for the back. We should only look abroad for the superstars.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
haha...I am glad that now Alfonso is looking forward to Barca's call but not Real's:D...from his performances in Euro2000, we did a right thing to sell him out.
Anyway, I read that Real Betis tends to keep him in team, if Barca doesn't really offer huge fee to Betis, they won't let him go.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speaking seriously, i have to say that Alfonso had a better tournament then Raul, and he was chosen ahead of Morientes, so why wouldn't Madrid want him? Alfonso is a good player that's for certain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts