Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Why Alexey didn't play in starting 11 now? He is played very well at start of a season, didn't he?
I've heard a rumours, that Southampton is going to loan (or even buy) him. Is it true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
It's because Tiago has been playing better at this time.

Yes, he might be loaned to Southhampton as such.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
No way.

If he trains or plays well he'll play, when he doesn't he won't.

he's had a good amount of matches so far this season - he should be happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
To be honest, I find it amazing that someone like Tiago is a fixed starter for Chelsea. He is ok (much like Smertin) but Parker is clearly better... The difference between them is that Tiago has Mourinho's trust while Parker (when he plays) is always under the pressure to impress or being thrown to the bench.

Mourinho should give some trust to him (and Joe Cole). Otherwise, they'll leave for peanuts, find their feet elsewhere and come back to bite Chelsea in the ass...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
To be honest, I find it amazing that someone like Tiago is a fixed starter for Chelsea. He is ok (much like Smertin) but Parker is clearly better... The difference between them is that Tiago has Mourinho's trust while Parker (when he plays) is always under the pressure to impress or being thrown to the bench.

Mourinho should give some trust to him (and Joe Cole). Otherwise, they'll leave for peanuts, find their feet elsewhere and come back to bite Chelsea in the ass...
Bwahahahahaha! Sure man. How does Tiago have Mourinho's trust? Because they're both Portuguese? Please. Tiago played for Benfica last year which was basically Mourinho's rival and at one time left a bad taste in his mouth. If anything, Mourinho would shy away from players on that team.

Fact of the matter, Mourinho recognized that Tiago is a talent and while a true defensive midfielder he can also make the runs up the field and bang in a few if need be. Overall, he's a very complete player compared to Parker. I don't think Parker is bad but what you see is a team loaded for bare and some people have to sit and that includes Makelele if everyone is to be happy with getting some playing time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
Flo said:
Bwahahahahaha! Sure man. How does Tiago have Mourinho's trust? Because they're both Portuguese? Please. Tiago played for Benfica last year which was basically Mourinho's rival and at one time left a bad taste in his mouth. If anything, Mourinho would shy away from players on that team.
What kind of twisted logic is that? I never suggested that their nationality has something to do with it - that would be rather silly at this level. Suggesting the opposite as you did because they worked in rival clubs is rather moronic too. :rollani:

Tiago has Mourinho's trust because he bought him. It's his choice.

You think Tiago is better than Parker; I don't. I think Parker is a much more complete player, with better technique and better passing. The only thing I can think that Tiago is better at is tactical nous and perhaps that's what Mourinho sees in him, but Parker is not a headless chicken either.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Flo said:
Fact of the matter, Mourinho recognized that Tiago is a talent and while a true defensive midfielder he can also make the runs up the field and bang in a few if need be. Overall, he's a very complete player compared to Parker. I don't think Parker is bad but what you see is a team loaded for bare and some people have to sit and that includes Makelele if everyone is to be happy with getting some playing time.

Flo, no disrespect to Tiago but you never watched Parker for Charlton did you ? he is as complete a b2b midfielder as it gets.

tbh, i don't think Parker suits the way Chelsea play though, he needs to be the main man of the midfield, he is like Roy Keane in his younger days but with a far better game vision, i think he would be absolutely brilliant for United or in any team that plays with a 4-4-2 with a flat midfield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
What kind of twisted logic is that? I never suggested that their nationality has something to do with it - that would be rather silly at this level. Suggesting the opposite as you did because they worked in rival clubs is rather moronic too. :rollani:

Tiago has Mourinho's trust because he bought him. It's his choice.

You think Tiago is better than Parker; I don't. I think Parker is a much more complete player, with better technique and better passing. The only thing I can think that Tiago is better at is tactical nous and perhaps that's what Mourinho sees in him, but Parker is not a headless chicken either.
No, it's not twisted logic. Besides, all you do is hate on Portuguese players anyways so you're predictable in that fashion. And then you eventually insult. It's par for the course with you. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Flo, no disrespect to Tiago but you never watched Parker for Charlton did you ? he is as complete a b2b midfielder as it gets.

tbh, i don't think Parker suits the way Chelsea play though, he needs to be the main man of the midfield, he is like Roy Keane in his younger days but with a far better game vision, i think he would be absolutely brilliant for United or in any team that plays with a 4-4-2 with a flat midfield.
I've seen Parker play and never was I hating on the guy and I think on any other team he would be a starter but this is Chelsea we're talking about. Look at their bench. They can basically be in any starting 11 anywhere.

But I also do agree with your post in that maybe he's not a Chelsea fit. I would like to watch him some more before formulating that opinion but thanks for giving me that angle nontheless Jern. :thmbup:
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
31,893 Posts
Makelele-Lamps will surely be on the 2 men mid.

for 3 men mid...

Smertin...more towards the defensive side(DMC)... can move forward into spaces too
Parker... most effective in that Main DMC Role. Good short passes.
Tiago... Able to fit into both offensive and defensive. But looking less, defensively ,compared to the 2 above.
Geremi, Honesly folks, I think Geremi is better than all of them. But not on short passes.
 

·
THE
Joined
·
14,116 Posts
BBV said:
Hi guys!
Why Alexey didn't play in starting 11 now? He is played very well at start of a season, didn't he?
I've heard a rumours, that Southampton is going to loan (or even buy) him. Is it true?
Oh, Jesus fecking Christ, resident whiner is back. Why no Smertin, why no Smertin.
Because he sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I think, this thread should be recall like "Tiago vs Mourinho" soon:D
yep, Alexey was good at the beginning of this season, but he has injured after that and Tiago "occupied" his place in starting 11... and Tiago isn't bad for now and then all this time Smertin willn't play in starting, Chelsea has a lot of good players....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
Flo said:
No, it's not twisted logic. Besides, all you do is hate on Portuguese players anyways so you're predictable in that fashion. And then you eventually insult. It's par for the course with you. :rolleyes:
Why would I hate Portuguese players? :confused:

And I don't actually insult you. I merely point out the lack of any logic in your posts. If that is insulting to you, tough. Make better posts then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Why would I hate Portuguese players? :confused:

And I don't actually insult you. I merely point out the lack of any logic in your posts. If that is insulting to you, tough. Make better posts then.
Yeah, you hate on all Portuguese players Amo.

And yes, you do insult. It's typical behavior of someone who posts everything that is rubbish. What's even more appalling is that you're an FM. I guess Xtratime is getting desperate.

To each is his own I guess....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,504 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
You think Tiago is better than Parker; I don't. I think Parker is a much more complete player, with better technique and better passing. The only thing I can think that Tiago is better at is tactical nous and perhaps that's what Mourinho sees in him, but Parker is not a headless chicken either.


what's the basis for ur praise of parker? i have seen him play for chelsea in 5 games this season and saw nothing extraordinary to be honest.. in the presence of robben and duff joe cole cant play, and in the presence of makalele-lampard the 3rd midfilder will be a mix of both..

tiago is a better finisher and more skilful than both smertin and parker, as evident by his goals against bolton and fulham and his back heel assist against norwich, smertin is good defensively but usually misses his chances, parker is really a mix of everything but not excellent at anything, he played against norwich and arsenal and hardly made a difference..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
Have you seen Parker play for Charlton? I agree he hasn't been exceptional for Chelsea so far, but (a) he never had the full trust of Mourinho and under these circumstances is very hard to play exceptionally well and (b) it's not like Tiago has been all that great either. Yet, Tiago never feels threatened no matter how he plays while Parker is thrown on the bench after a single non-absolutely brilliant performance. What I mean is that if Parker plays ok, he won't keep his spot. If Tiago plays ok, he will. It's not really fair, is it?

Having said that, Chelsea is winning and playing solid and occasionally great football (with Tiago in there) so more power to Mourinho and his choices. This doesn't mean that the correct utilisation of Parker would not improve them even more though.

Flo, as long as you're posting like an idiot, I'll call you an idiot. Learn to live with it or STOP BEING AN IDIOT. Although I have my doubts whether you are capable of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't forget, guys, Tiago and Parker - not only DMs in Chelsea.
And I think Smertin more preferable than Parker. Tiago more preferable them both for this moment, apparently. That's my IMHO.

BTW. Smertin while plays in Lokomotiv, was a almost attacking midfielder with very good pass ang amazing long shots. But he almost lost these skills for a several years in Bordeaux and Pompey. Loko's coach gives him bigger freedom of action.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top