Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Amoroso!,

In Belgium he didn't scored that much either but i thought it was because he didn't played that much. He was a good targetman and very good heading like you said and although he didn't score a lot he gave many assists in the few games he played..

Here in Belgium they said that Kaklamanos was a starter in Olympiakos in the 95-96 season and helped the team to the title in that year, is that not true then ?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
He never was a starter at Olympiakos.In fact I think that at 95-96 he was on loan at Elefsina but I'm not sure on that.Even if he was at Olympiakos he was definitely not a starter.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need some info on this player. Is he good ? I know he is a striker, he played some games in Belgium with Charleroi last year but he couldn't play that much because of a financial dispute. How did he played in Greece ? Did he scored a lot of goals, what are his qualities ?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Kaklamanos?

He came through the youth system of Athinaikos and he was bought by Olympiakos when he was 19.He spent most of his greek career on loan at other clubs.He had one half of a good year with a small greek team (Ionikos) but he was never a succes whenever he played.Olympiakos realeased him last summer and he went to Belgium.He is not good enough for a First Division Greek team because of his unablity to score.

He is tall and has a good heading but he cant score or control the ball.He sux...

------------------

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i saw him a couple of times with charleroi and i don't think he sucks. of course he's isn't worldclass but he is a good striker. he played some decent matches with charleroi. the reason he didn't start anymore at the end of the season was because of the financial situation at charleroi. if kaklamanos managed to be a starter for a certain amount of games (forgot how many) he would get a big bonus (cause his contract said he wouldn't be payed much). midseason kaklamanos managed to be a starter, management got frightened 'cause they weren't able to pay the bonus, therefore manu ferreira was ordered to use rojas (who is also good) instaed of the greek.

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
This is nasty and unfair... :(

------------------

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gOD, that's true, if he played 22 games with Charleroi then they had to pay a lot money to the Greek team. It had nothing to do with being a starter i think (i'm not sure) otherwise they could have used him as a substitute and there wouldn't be a problem..

But i think there is also still a difference between Olympiakos in Greece and Charleroi in Belgium. That would be the same if i would have said that last year Fiers should have played with Anderlecht because he scored so easily..

For Olympiakos he probably wasn't good enough, they are afterall a top team and better then almost every team in Belgium and they simply need better players. For a team like Charleroi he was better but also he didn't score a lot and that's where a striker is for. If he had some more time he would probably have scored more.. I think he may be good enough for a small team but he isn't a great striker otherwise he would play somewhere else.

Next season we can maybe judge him after a whole season cause my team stvv is buying greek players this season. After Dimitriadis they are now close to buy Kaklamanos (that's why i needed more info on him) ..

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Who is Dimitriadis?

By the way,if Olympiakos doesnt sign Litmanen expect Per Zetteberg to play in Greece next year.

------------------

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dimitriadis is a fairly unknown player actually. He played the last years with Olympic Charleroi in belgian 3rd division. He plays on the right wing and thinks very offensevily. This is just what i heard about him as i don't have seen him play yet.

I don't know if he always played in Belgium or comes from a Greek club. Maybe in a few weeks when i find some more info about him. He is 22 years old and described as a good prospect. I can't tell you more until the competition starts..

Zetterberg in Greece ? I don't think so. He already had many offers from big clubs but he just like to stay in Belgium. Money doesn't make him feel different because he and his family are really well setlled here and the money can't change that. He only wants to move when Anderlecht doesn't has a competitive team. And since they have a good team right now he is going to stay i think..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts